“Skip it.”
Review of Met On Main

Met On Main
Reserve with OpenTable
Met On Main is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #50 of 141 Restaurants in Nantucket
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Federal Street
Description: Brand new restaurant in Nantucket with the largest outdoor patio, international cuisine, a tartare bar and a pancake bar.
Norwich, Vermont
“Skip it.”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Service unbearably slow. Food ordinary. The "Stuffies" were supposed to have clams in them but saw nary a one. Salad was uninspired.

• Visited June 2013

NC
“Bring Back the Even Keel Cafe”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Since its 2012 opening by a Boston-based conglomerate, Met on Main has received much publicity, mostly sanctioned by the up-scale foody community. Our recent visit there upholds the old saw - "It's not what you know; it's who you know." Their positive reviews ring hollow once you've dined there. With a half-full lunch-time dining room, the host had to "see" if he had a table for us (?). Seated in the overly noisy space (I wonder if you can carry on a conversation when the place is busy) without menus, we checked out the new decor. Finally the host arrived to ask would we like drinks. We had to ask for menus as well. When the waitress arrived with three iced teas, she had to be reminded that there should have been one half tea-half lemonade. Her solution was to top off the glass with a little lemonade. No offer to discuss the specials was extended, so we had to ask for that as well. All the menu selections are very artsy and creative, but the combinations are odd - trying too hard. It was difficult for us to find any sandwich that didn't include one "turn-off" ingredient. When asked about the bread choices for sandwiches, the waitress said they were served on pita bread. No mention anywhere on the menu of pita, so we asked if we could have a whole grain bread. She said yes. OK, so far. I asked for plain rather than smoked mozzarella - again no problem. Half an hour later there was still no food in front of us. When you are only on the island for the day, getting lunch in a timely manner is fairly important. Again, the place was NOT busy. After a conversation with the snarky, unapologetic manager, who assured us that the place was new (a year old is "new"?) and would do better "when" we returned, we resolved that would not happen. A few minutes later the sandwiches arrived. Not one piece of whole grain bread to be seen. The waitress clearly didn't know the difference between pita and ciabatta or couldn't communicate with the cook. (I hate to use the word chef for a sandwich jockey.). The mozzarella was un-smoked as requested, but the thin-sliced prosciutto turned out to be a thick slice of smoked ham, which I removed. Guess I was supposed to get that smoky flavor either way! The chicken was dry and the salad dressing/sauce was a no show. No point in sending anything back. We had lost too much of our day already. We finished our food and waited another ten minutes for our check. Having dined repeatedly and happily at the Even Keel Cafe that previously occupied the space, we have resolved to find a different go-to lunch place for our future Nantucket trips.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank ny_mainer
Austin, Texas
“Perfect place our chick lunch”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Three of my friends and I had lunch at the cute restaurant and sat out on the back patio. It was delightful! I ordered a salad minus an ingredient and they didn't do as I asked, but I ate it anyway. I like the fact that you can order half size plates. So many places to eat, so little time on the island, so I wouldn't say this is a must stop, but it was good.

Visited June 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Great lunch on a rainy day”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

It was cold outside but warm and cozy at Met on Main. Our lunch was tasty and the service friendly and efficient.

Visited May 2013
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“Food poisoned”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

My husband and I just ate there on Monday night, 5-13-13. We both ate a $5 hamburger, and shared an order of clam stuffies, broccoli, and fried onion strings. That night my husband didn't feel well, but I felt awful. Yes, I was food poisoned (I'm sure accidentally) and spent an unpleasant night back and forth to the toilet.

Our waitress was great though.

• Visited May 2013