“Figs at 29 Fair "a place to dine"”
Review of 29 Fair

29 Fair
Reserve with OpenTable
29 Fair is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #70 of 143 Restaurants in Nantucket
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located a short stroll from Main Street, 29 Fair Street features three romantic candlelit dining rooms, each with original brick fireplaces, exposed beams and antique sconces which when paired with the world class cuisine creates an unforgettable dining experience.
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Figs has delicious food that is beautifully presented. The menu offers special dishes that make Figs at 29 Fair a place "to dine " as opposed to a place to eat. The atmosphere and decor are inviting. It's one of my favorite restaurants in which to celebrate a special occasion.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

We had the pleasure of eating at Figs few times last year. Their Thai Chef was very creative, Food was Superb, and presentation was outstanding.
We went back there with the same expectations this week, and what a dissapointment.... Other people must have realized the change, almost half of the restaurant was empty. Now it is just a mediocre restaurant.
Don't go there with expactations you will be very dissapointed.

1  Thank bornfree1
Reviewed August 7, 2012

A decent restaurant tucked away in a residential neighborhood.
The setting is a 200 year old house and has no round tables for a larger party.
All in all not a rave review but one I may return to .

Reviewed July 14, 2012

The good news. The place is charming, the service attentive, it has AC which was great on a humid night. Now the surprising part- I found it uninspired. Simple food, simple veggies, simple ideas. Tasty- yes indeed. We had some of the pizzas, a scallop entree, a meat and a chicken. The wine list isn't mind-blowing extensive but it has good variety.
It is not inexpensive, and I didn't expect it to be, but I was hoping that for the price there would be some passion, something surprising- but alas, I was disappointed. Again, it was tasty and the service was good, but to me it just missed. There are some great restaurants in Nantucket with chefs that really have passion and care, I just got the sense that this place needs to hire one of them.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

This place is so charming inside. You step back into a different time period. The food is also very delicious! I had a pasta dish, my husband had a seafood dish, and my two year had pizza! Having pizza on the menu is a lifesaver when you're traveling with a child. The only drawback is that there is only one high chair and another child was already using it. They did accommodate us with a booster seat. Also, I wasn't very inpressed with their dessert options. The only offered three choices. Overall, I would recommend this place for the atmosphere alone!

1  Thank Ali J