“Marty, Mary, and Helen”

The Cottages at Nantucket Boat Basin
Ranked #13 of 38 Nantucket B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 3, 2012

My sister and I recently joined a longtime mutual friend and had a wonderful several days at The Cottages and Lofts at the Boat Basin.
The General Manager, James Storey, was exceptionally accommodating, responsive, helpful, and made every effort to make our stay fun, worthwhile, and all of us were very grateful for all he did.
Our cottage was at a great and convenient location for short walks to restaurants, attractions, and shopping.
Overall, the customer service was superb whether from James Storey and/or his his staff.
Our cottage was always well cleaned every day and the chamber maid was also very pleasant and polite.
We would all like to return to Nantucket!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Marty G
There are newer reviews for The Cottages at Nantucket Boat Basin

Reviewed August 28, 2012

We stayed at the Cottages the first week in August of this year for 5 nights. We have been to the island before and have never stayed in a hotel (always rent a house). We wanted to get away for the weekend and this hotel peeked my curiosity because it was on the marina and I knew my husband would love to be on the dock, checking out the boats (I was right!) We stayed in the Ark studio for 3 nights, then joined friends in a 2 bedroom cottage called Kittywake. Both were great as far as comforts of home-it was great having a kitchen (although we only used fridge for drinks and the coffee maker) The beds and linens were what you would expect in a 5 star hotel and the place was spotless. The staff is extremely friendly, warm and willing to help. One recommendation would be to get a bike, beach towels and your name on the list for rides in the beach van because other guests seem to "hog" some of these things, which of course you can't avoid- we just like being a little more last minute and we learned day 2 that we needed to get bikes "just in case" we wanted them or there would be none when we did. One other thing to mention is that the dock is very loud. There are restaurants on the dock but the most noise came from the boats that were docked over the weekend with people partying late into the night. This wasn't an issue for us but even with the air conditioning on you could hear everything. If you are looking for a quiet time this is probably not the spot for you. For us it was great and I would say the only thing we were missing was a pool, but for a short trip it was perfect!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank deirdrec
Reviewed August 13, 2012

ok, so you may think your rooms are small,but folks you are in a cottage. such a sweet, clean, hospitable place. The staff is so acommadating and pleasent. i can not say enough about Allie at the front desk. She is truly amazing. Even with the phone ringing off the hook, and guests arriving and departing constantly.................she did it all , and at the same time gave each person 100 percent attention. pleasant and calm. we had a few major glitches with another hotel on the island with relatives coming and boat basin was sold out. i dont want to tell you all how wonderful this place is because than my husband and i may not be able to get a reservation next year. what a great place. kudos to them for caring about their guests and their property.

Room Tip: a 1 bedroom cottage suits 2 adults and perhaps 2 adults one child.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Was very impressed with service at boat basin cottages. We were able to get a last minute reservation for overnight stay into a woof cottage since our dog was with us and checked in about 7 pm. When we returned after dinner a "dog package" was waiting for us with a dog beds, bowls, along with take home treats, , squeak toy and a personalized dog tag with our dog 's name on it!
A great souvenir! I thank Cheryl at the front desk for arranging the special dog package at the last minute . Nice location with boats and yachts outside our front door!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank delray
Reviewed July 31, 2012

This was my first stay at the cottages and I WILL return. They picked me up the ferry and took me to check in. Later that day when I was ready to go to my room the took me to it in a golf cart and to my surprise my luggage was already there. The van service to the beach was also an added bonus. no long bike rides to my favorite beach. The staff was helpful when making the reservation and during my stay. The location of the cottage was close to town yet far enough away from any noise. I can't wait to stay here again!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Great little cottages. Fun experience to stay at the wharf. Great location. We particularly liked the bikes that were provided by the hotel. The service was great. I was worried that the cottage would have evidence of prior dog visitors, but they were clean and comfortable. It was a great unique experience, and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank texas_sandnsun
Reviewed July 4, 2012

We just returned from a week at the Cottages at Boat Basin on Swain's Wharf. We stayed in Zena's Coffin, which is a two bedroom cottage at the very end of the wharf. Excellent location! Quiet and calm. Since it was the week before July 4th, not all the boat slips were full and the boats that were docked were very quiet. Our family members for this vacation were myself and my husband and two of our 20-something sons. My two sisters visited separately for a few nights and slept on the pull out sofa in the living room. As all true cottages are, ZC is small, but more than adequate for a Nantucket vacation. After all, most of the time we were on the beach! The staff were amazing and very helpful which we all greatly appreciated. ZC is also a Woff Cottage so we could have brought our dogs along. We definitely plan to return next year.

Room Tip: Swains Wharf, where the Woof cottages are located, is the quietest location and the one we would cho...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family