76 Main
The Beachside(Nantucket)
$303
The Veranda House Hotel Collection(Nantucket)(Great Value!)
$409
Nantucket Inn(Nantucket)(Great Value!)
$268
White Elephant(Nantucket)(Great Value!)
$400
Union Street Inn(Nantucket)(Great Value!)
$399
21 Broad Hotel(Nantucket)(Great Value!)
$379
  • Breakfast included
The Wauwinet(Nantucket)(Great Value!)
$420
White Elephant Village | Residences & Inn(Nantucket)(Great Value!)
$495
Jared Coffin House(Nantucket)(Great Value!)
$220
$190
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Free Internet
All reviewsfire pitsconesboutique hotelbeautiful courtyardsea saltin townguest roomsperfect locationother guestsstayed for nightsbeach chairsthe hy line ferryshops and restaurantseach morninggreat hostswould definitely stay here againbreakfast was amazing
Reviewed October 29, 2013

76 Main was the perfect two night getaway. Our kids gave it to us as a 40th wedding Anniv. present, and we were thrilled. Every detail was perfect. It was a cross between a boutique hotel and a cozy B & B. The smell of Scallion and Asiago Cheese scones woke me up the first meeting, and no rush to get down and enjoy. Breakfast was serve yourself til 11:00. Coffee, pastries, cereal, fruits, juice- and something homemade each morning. The managers were very nice and so helpful with anything we needed. Our room was just right for two, and extremely clean. The decorations were classy but not fussy. Everything had a crisp, clean design to it, while being a cozy and comfy place to stay. I would stay at any of the Lark hotels anytime if they are all like 76 Main.

Room Tip: We stayed in the upstairs and it was delightful. Our room had a bathroom plenty big for just us two.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dawn H, Public Relations Manager at 76 Main, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

It was lovely to have you stay. We are so honored that your kids choose our Nantucket boutique hotel as your destination for your 40th wedding anniversary. Thank you for your review and thoughts about our "classy but not fussy" decor and yummy, but not overdone, breakfasts. We look forward to welcoming you back to 76 Main or to one of our other Lark Hotels soon.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

My husband and I decided to stay at 76 Main the week after labor day for a little “babymoon”. We booked about three weeks prior to our stay and had to move rooms which was not a big deal at all and the housekeeping made it as painless as possible by allowing us to leave our luggage in the current room and then moved it to the new one while we were out for the day. The location of the inn is perfect – it is just steps from town but still far enough away to ensure a quiet nights rest. We were told that there was limited parking, which was the case – but that it was not a big deal as busses ran cheap to all of the beaches and they would provide us with beach chairs and towels. Sounded like a plan to us! However when we arrived (as I mentioned the week after labor day) we found out that the busses had stopped running to all but one beach… felt mislead by inn management who obviously did not know what they were talking about. They did follow through with great beach chairs, towels, and an umbrella though which was appreciated. Not wanting to take cabs back and forth every day – we took the bus to the same beach every day.
The inn was beautiful – you could tell recently tastefully renovated. I loved the back patio area where you could enjoy coffee , a nice book, or drink in the afternoon. Our first room was a deluxe king at the bottom of the stairs. This room had AC which made it very comfortable, and faced bushes which made it nice and quiet. The linen on the bed was incredible! I need to find out where it is from so I can also buy it. The inn is kind enough to provide water in the rooms and i pads to help you with your trip – nice touch. One piece of advice as to be expected in almost all Nantucket Inn’s is that the bathrooms are tiny. Not just small but uber tiny. The stall shower we had in our deluxe king room was not pregnant friendly. I was uncomfortable showering every day and I think more water ended up out of the stall than in… Other gripes about the room include a very hard knotted rug under the bed. It hurt our feet just to step on it – rude awakening for a preggo who is up frequently through the night. A nice pair of slippers would have been appreciated to help ease the pain. The main light in our room would not turn on. When we asked management they told us it did not work due to an upstairs leak… The room was beautiful though, with a comfy bed, and actually quite spacious for Nantucket standards. The second half of the week we were upstairs in a queen room, number 8 which was lovely as well with the exception of the temp. There was no AC in this room and the windows were forced shut so that we could not open them… strange. There was no way to manage the temperature in the room and it became very hot overnight. Not wanting to wake anyone up I told Katie the next day – she fixed it as best she could. Family tip – they have guest houses removed from the main inn, which are great for families and come with a mini fridge.
Breakfast was ok each morning – they had the same types of muffins, scones, cereal, and juice – which were tasty. Some mornings the breakfast was not out in time for when they advertised, which was annoying as we paid for it, and had some early morning tours – lighthouse and boat trip that we were counting on a quick breakfast for. For coffee they had k-cups… huge disappointment – this is what we have at home. I would much prefer a fresh brewed cup then out of a cup that I get at home on a weekday. Also disappointing was there was not the standard afternoon coffee, tea, and snack that every other inn I have ever stayed at offers. Overall the management seemed tired and over the summer season, which was quite a disappointment for our only trip this year. Katie was ok, and was really trying. But Scott seemed awkward during interactions and non-chalant about everything. Based on our experience and number of choices on the island we will most likely not be back.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JennaBird
Dawn H, Public Relations Manager at 76 Main, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

We appreciate your review and feedback. Although we are pleased that you enjoyed the beauty of the inn and some aspects of 76 Main, we are sorry to hear that it did not live up to your expectations. We just want to let you know that we hear you and that your thoughts about the end-of-season experience you had regarding timing of breakfast and the bus service have certainly been taken into consideration. We also are addressing the air conditioning issues in some rooms over the off-season. We did want to mention that we do have freshly brewed coffee every morning -- made from locally roasted beans. The Keurig machine is also there so that our guests can enjoy coffee all day long. We apologize that that escaped your notice and will make sure it is more clear in the future. Again, we appreciate your comments and hope that you reconsider visiting us again.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Never having visited Nantucket, I was somewhat overwhelmed at finding a nice over night accommodation for myself and my husband at the last minute, and felt fortunate to find 76 Main on the Tripadvisor site here. I am not a B&B kind of person, so I was relieved to learn about the private cottages. Yes, it's expensive, but for an overnight in Nantucket, it was perfect. The cottage room (# 20) was a little small, but I found it charmingly cozy, very clean and well appointed. I especially loved the Keurig coffee maker in my room, as I am not human before coffee! 76 Main is in a great location, and since I am often wheelchair bound, the cottages were perfect for access for me. I loved the outdoor patio area, with its zen like decor. It's true that the cottages are attached, but we heard no noise during our visit. The bed was very comfortable, the television was nice, and my husband loved playing with the complimentary Ipad. In the late afternoon, after a day of exploration, we found Scott in the kitchen. He was the nicest person, and recommended a couple of nearby restaurants for a casual dining experience for us for the evening. We happily ate at The Brotherhood of Thieves. The following morning, we ventured into the kitchen to find Katie. The scones were amazing, and tasted fresh and delicious and the little jams were incredible. I was very happy with the continental style breakfast. Scott and Katie recommended that we take a driving tour for later that morning and arranged one for us on the spot. Knowing that we were on our way to Maine later that afternoon, Scott even suggested another of their properties in Portland, and offered to make the call for us, but we had reservations elsewhere for our Maine vacation. I did get a peek at a couple of the guest rooms inside as they were being cleaned, and they were fabulous. However, I preferred our little cottage style room, and enjoyed privacy when I wanted it, and the interactions with a couple of guests, and both Scott and Katie as well. Charming is the best word I can use for this experience. It's a lovely place to stay, with the nicest hosts you will ever meet. The driving tour was also a great idea and I was able to see many things that otherwise would have been unavailable. I don't think I would want to stay elsewhere on Nantucket.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kittehgrl

Thank you so much for your lovely review. We are so pleased that we could make your first Nantucket experience so special. The guesthouse rooms are such a unique option on Nantucket and it sounds like you really enjoyed your access to the courtyard and the relaxed, cozy environment of room #20. We look forward to being even more "charming" when you return!

Reviewed October 2, 2013

My parents and I, along with my 18 month old daughter visited Nantucket in August and stayed at 76 Main for four days and three nights and loved it. My daughter and I stayed in guest room 20 and my parents in guest room 21 (as children can only stay in the guest rooms and not in the main house which was fine by me not to have to navigate those stairs with a toddler and her stroller for our whole stay).

Pros:
- central location at the top of Main Street so in walking distance to so many great shops and restaurants and also about a ten minute walk from Children's Beach. Some great meals were at the Straight Wharf and Cru. Brotherhood of Thieves was also great for a casual dinner outside in the courtyard.
- fantastic and very comfortable room. Some reviews complain about the beds but I found my bed to be really comfortable and slept exceptionally well during our stay.
- I found our room to be the perfect size for our stay. Big spacious bed and nice sitting area. Even with the big crib in the room (which was great that they supplied for my daughter for our stay) I found there to be plenty of room to maneuver. And a nice size fridge as well was handy.
- Katie and Scott were super nice and helpful during our stay
- great beach chairs and bags/towels to borrow while you're there!
- nice to get iPads with your room!
- wifi worked great for us while we were there!

Cons:
- yes, it's not a hot breakfast but honestly, I wasn't so bothered by it as there were lots of restaurants and bakeries to check out while we were in Nantucket! And yes, the kitchen is a bit small and doesn't have the best layout but honestly, that's not what I'm there for.
- Prior to our stay, I asked for help with restaurant reservations and didn't get a response back after multiple attempts which was unfortunate but not the end of the world. We managed to have some fabulous meals from the recommendations that are on the 76Main website (as well as helpful TA reviews!).

Honestly, at the end of the day, a few things could have been better but I'm not letting that bring down my review one bit. And when you compare the price to places like the White Elephant, this place is a steal. The new 76 Main only re-opened in July so I suspect a little more time will iron out any issues if they haven't been remedied already. I do feel like Katie and Scott could use a little more help but we were also there at the busiest time of the summer. I love the design of 76 Main and will not hesitate to stay again on an upcoming trip!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Dawn H, Public Relations Manager at 76 Main, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

So glad you enjoyed your stay and loved your visit despite a few "cons." Thanks so much for the five star recommendation. It's great to hear that you found our guesthouse rooms to be a great fit for your family and that you enjoyed the staff's service and our boutique hotel's location. We did just discover that one on the email links on our website was not working correctly, which could have been the cause of the restaurant communication issue! We apologize for that. Sounds like you fared well with our dining recommendations, however!

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Katie and Scott manage this lovely inn steps from downtown Nantucket. What a superb place to get to know Nantucket! Gorgeous, comfortable suite with a beautiful, private courtyard to unwind from the day's adventures. I would have rated 5 out of 5, but the patio fireplace was out of propane one evening - they quickly fixed for the next day's use. Otherwise, yummy homemade goodies and teas for breakfast and very helpful with getting reservations for dinner. Super warm and friendly atmosphere. Great for a birthday celebration with friends and family!

Room Tip: Guest Room 16 is on the end off the back courtyard and we loved it!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank ksgnat1
Dawn H, Public Relations Manager at 76 Main, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay despite the propane snafu. Nice to hear that you found your room to be gorgeous and the breakfast to be yummy. Please come visit our Nantucket boutique hotel again!