“ignored so we departed”

Brick Bistro at the Jared Coffin House
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 16, 2012

we arrived for dinner and the help was busy, too busy to greet us or acknowledge that we were there. not that it was a busy night, it was early. so we left

Reviewed October 6, 2011

The best aspect of Nantucket makes most people think of grey shingles, foggy days and romantic history. The complete aspect of Brick Bistro is a mix of the worst of New York and West Palm. The designer could only think in circles and squares, its is terribly distracting to the meal. My wife and I began our review of the menu trying with great difficulty to find something to tempt our palate. I selected the swordfish and she the Steak Fritites. Neither meal came close to living up to our expectations. My fish came with a cold rice cake, bland fish and a simple presentation. My wife's steak had fine taste but was only served with french fries. All that said, the servers were wonderful, prices far too high. The island has too many quality restaurants to bother with the Brick. I hope they come back next year with a new image, menu and chef.

Reviewed September 14, 2011

Three of us ate here and enjoyed our experience. Our waiter was attentive and knowledgeable. We ordered cocktails and appetizers and found them to be excellent, the only unfortunate part of the meal was that I ordered one of the specials which was a roasted beet and Risotto dish, absolutely awful.

Reviewed August 16, 2011

Uncreative menu. Ordered peach/ goat cheese/ Serrano ham salad ($18) appetizer. They forgot the peach. It came with excuses halfway through. Then the waiter dropped dishes all over the floor next to us. (Later during the evening we heard another crash in the cuisine) there is a little
Note on the menu that extra bread will cost $2 per person. I assumed we would at least be given a decent size basket to begin with- no chance. Three measly pieces of foccacia. We ate two and they took the basket away without asking!
My main dish-a beet and cranberry risotto, was just a red mush. They must have foodprocessed the vegetables.
They also managed to serve at such a rapid pace that we were finished in less than an hour. Not exactly an elegant dinner.

Reviewed August 5, 2011

I've been looking for a superb veal chop to match one I had over 20 years ago while on a business trip. I finally found a fabulous one at The Brick Bistro. It was melt-in-your-mouth tender with a wonderful flavor. This dish was preceded by a terrific grilled scallop appetizer and followed by a nice chocolate mousse pyramid. My spouse had an equally impressive caprese tart, roast chicken and panna cotta. The attentive service matched the food in quality. Plus the staff seemed genuinely interested in insuring that we had a pleasant evening. While the Brick offers outdoor seating in the patio, I highly recommend the exquisite indoor seating to complement the elegant dining experience.

1  Thank Williasp