“Favorite casual dining on Nantucket”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Corazon del Mar - CLOSED

Corazon del Mar
Cuisines: Latin, Spanish, Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Run by Seth & Angela Raynor, owners of Boarding House and the pearl, Corazon del Mar is a sexy Latin loveletter from Mexico, Spain, Latin America & beyond. Reserve seats at the interactive Ceviche-Raw Bar to view preparations of the freshest seafood. The lively 2nd floor Tequila Bar houses and extensive selection of 100%Blue Weber Agave Tequilas, Mezcals, small batch rums and vibrant exotic cocktails. Perfect spot for group dining, girl's night out, or an instant fiesta. Coarzon's unique take-out window acts as a stationary food truck with custom burritos, tacos and extensive takeout lunch and dinner menu. Open 7 days a week in season for casual take-out or dine in lunch & Tequila Bar/Raw Bar full dinner service
“Favorite casual dining on Nantucket”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

I had half a dozen meals this summer and last, and they all were wonderful. The food is both comfortable and inventive. Not your usual Mexican Restaurant. I visited the next door carry-out frequently and took home my favorite "Crispy Pork Carnitas and Mexican Corn"

• Visited August 2013

“Pretty poor on all fronts”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

We had high expectations before we walked in and when the guacamole arrived we stayed optimistic. However this was the only high point in a rather average to poor Mexican restaurant. When our main course arrived it was presented well but that was about it. I had what appeared to be two mozzarella sticks with hot sauce. The other course had mayo on it even though we'd been carful to ask what was on it, no matter we asked for another so we'd be able to "enjoy" it, sadly the rather poor second effort didn't hit the mark. This was followed by being charged for both attempts and then being patronised about being more clear when ordering. Certainly top drawer customer service and I really appreciate the 15 bucks you deducted for your mistake.

The table over the way walked out before eating their main course, I wish we'd done the same.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank ClatonF
Newport, Rhode Island
“Fun Atmosphere, Good Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

The Latin/Mexican cuisine and the fun and colorful atmosphere makes this a favorite in Nantucket for me. I ordered the Seafood Ceviche which was really delicious, we also had the Lobster and Shrimp Tostada, Fish Tacos and side dish of Grilled Mexican Street Corn, everything was really tasty. We usually eat at the upstairs bar which is noisy but colorful both in decor and patronage. There is no shortage of fancy tequilas and mezcals, the drinks are tasty. It's a riot to watch people sharing the fancy porron (communal cocktails) out of the fancy pitchers. One of the liveliest restaurants/bars in Nantucket.

Nantucket, Massachusetts
“Good Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

I went this summer with my friends, and we liked of place and food.
I tried a dish called "Crispy Pork Carnitas" this is delicious.
I intend to come back other times.

New Jersey
“Good main course... and noisy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Pro: downtown location on South Water Street across from the old police station, really good fish tacos (two per order) served with a black bean and rice combo that tasted great, very attentive waitstaff particularly regards keeping the water glass filled, well trained staff that was a bit over the top in gushing... but attentive, accurate, and friendly.

Con: As others have mentioned it's noisy downstairs and really noisy upstairs. The appetizers we had (calamari, tuna sushi) were much smaller than I'm used to. Because the place was busy on a Sunday night in August and it was crowded we sat at the downstairs sushi bar in a tight seating configuration.

Had the appetizers been a bit larger I would have given the restaurant four stars.