“Simple, sweet, satisfying!”
Review of Anchor Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Nantucket
Anchor Inn
Ranked #19 of 38 Nantucket B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 15, 2011

My husband and I had a GREAT time at the Anchor Inn on Nantucket island. The staff - specifically Dennis and Heather - were extremely helpful on our first visit and the fresh-baked muffins were delicious! We stayed in the Tucker room, which was just the right amount of space for us. We had a separate entrance, air conditioner, armoire, and two chairs on our pseudo-balcony, along with a great window view of quaint properties on either side of the building.

The Inn is located just 2 blocks from Main Street, along a row of other BnB's. We were close enough to all of the action but far away enough not to hear the nightly gallivanting closer to town.

We really have nothing negative to say about this place - it was a refreshing respite for us and fit the bill!
- The Crowes
Philadelphia, PA

Room Tip: Ask for the Tucker Room and try to book during the week during the high season
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 10, 2011

This was my first stay at The Anchor, and it pretty much fit the bill for what I was looking for. First off, I read other reviews about the size of the rooms and such. People, this house was built over 200 years ago as a residence, not as a Hilton hotel! What do you expect? The place is very clean and the bed very comfortable (I stayed in the Platina room). You get the basic necessities, such as a hairdryer, a nice flat screen TV and nice Crabtree and Evelyn bath products. The common areas are cool and comfortable. It's about as close to town as you can get and very convenient to the ferry, shops, restaurants, etc. I have to say I was glad I only had a small bag instead of a regular suitcase to drag along for the ~10 min (max) walk to the boat. Ann and the staff are very nice and available with suggestions IF YOU WANT on where to go and what to do. This is not an "in your face" type of B&B and I happen to like that.

They provide muffins, fruit, juice, coffee and tea in the mornings. (BTW, B&Bs on Nantucket are not allowed to serve hot food, from what I understand.) I only wish I could have had a cup of coffee earlier in the morning (I get up before 6) or in the afternoon or evening, but that's how it goes. You can stash items in the fridge and there were some folks on the back patio enjoying their bottle of wine (glasses and corkscrews are available in the house).

You can walk to anywhere in town easily. Jetties Beach and Children's Beach are close by, but on a very hot day or with kids in tow it may be a bit far on foot. It's a nice 15 minute walk otherwise. The bike rental shops are right down the street. It's not near the ocean beaches, like Surfside, but I did rent a bike and ride over which made for a nice day. You just have to watch out for all the traffic, especially in town.

If you're looking for the basics, with peace and quiet, the Anchor is a good place. If you're looking for a fancy-pants place where the B&B owner is hovering over you, you might not like it so much. I will definitely be back, no question about it.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank marty99x
Reviewed June 15, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the B&B for 3 nights just before Memorial weekend. Nice quiet location that's an easy walk from the ferry. Easy walk to the center of town for shopping restaurants etc. B&B has a wonderful colonial charm that goes with it's age. It's a nicely preserved/ decorated inn. Our room on the first floor was clean, very nice and comfortable. Spacious and clean bathroom. Fresh baked muffins and fruit every morning. The friendly innkeepers and staff made great recommendations for touring the town and restaurants. The Whaling museum is a must.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed June 2, 2011

We could only stay for one night, but this small Bed and Breakfast is a gem on Nantucket. If you are looking for an old but well-kept, small, quaint, quiet, and reasonable place to stay, Anchor Inn is a great "find."

Rooms are immaculate and you get the feel of a colonial house with high ceilings, what used to be a fireplace in each room, lovely decorations that are colonial in nature; free internet that even works on the lovely garden area; you could check in early, breakfast is available early with homemade (baked right there) muffins, fruit, coffee/tea available 24/7; garden area so lovely to sit and read or rest; so quiet. An easy walk from downtown, yet in the residential area. All the little extras (beach towels, lovely inkeeper/help that are available but not intrusive, flat screen TV). Bathrooms are small but has essentials and that old house feel. We will not look elsewhere when returning to Nantucket. We will be going back to the Anchor Inn!

Room Tip: Use the website to see the rooms. Very accurate.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank PammyBret7
Reviewed May 27, 2011

We recently stayed at the delightful Anchor Inn. The Innkeepers, Ann and Charles, were wonderful hosts, warm and welcoming. They provided us with excellent suggestions for restaurants, tours, must - see places, etc. All the rooms were charming, each one unique and with its own character. The blueberry muffins, fresh fruits and coffee for breakfast were perfect. The location was really ideal - a few minutes walk from the ferry and close to the Whaling Museum (not to be missed) and all the restaurants and shops downtown (and across the street from Benjamin Franklin's grandmother's house!).

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank girlsinHotlanta
Reviewed December 8, 2010

A friend and I stayed at the Anchor Inn over Columbus holiday weekend and were spoilt with fantastic weather during our stay! The B&B is well located, just a couple of minutes walk from the harbour. Ann and Charles were delightful hosts and very welcoming - from the moment we arrived Ann was incredibly helpful, providing us with maps and suggesting local events and venues we might like to attend.

The room we chose to stay in had twin beds and was on the small side, though this is something we were told before we arrived and did not mind at all. Despite the coziness, it was charming, well decorated and spotless. The beds were comfy and we were pleased to see a modern TV with cable, telephone and well fitted en suite. The communal breakfast room was stocked with everything you could need (cool bags, cork screws, fridge etc) and the breakfast of muffins, yoghurt and fruit was fantastic! The outdoor area was set up with tables and chairs and an area for you to lock away bikes after a long day exploring the island.

I would not hesitate to stay in the Anchor Inn on my return to Nantucket. Many thanks to Ann and Charles for a fantastic trip.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 3, 2010

My husband and I made a quick trip to Nantucket (first-timers) and enjoyed the Anchor Inn. It was quiet. Bed was comfortable. TV was nice. We had hoped for more engaging guests to mingle with, but everyone pretty much stayed to themselves. I was most impressed with the easy walk to/from the ferry as well as shops.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple