Century House(Nantucket)(Great Value!)
$395
The Wauwinet(Nantucket)(Great Value!)
$825
The Nantucket Hotel & Resort(Nantucket)(Great Value!)
$760
Nantucket Inn(Nantucket)(Great Value!)
Jared Coffin House(Nantucket)(Great Value!)
  • Restaurant
The Cottages at Nantucket Boat Basin(Nantucket)(Great Value!)
The Periwinkle B&B(Nantucket)(Great Value!)
  • Breakfast included
Sherburne Inn Nantucket(Nantucket)(Great Value!)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbrant point grillbedroom cottagechildren's beachcupcakesoff seasonin townluxury hotelcharming hotelbeautiful roomcalled the front deskthe location is perfecta special placejetties beachlong weekendcan't wait to go backshops and restaurantsconcierge
Reviewed September 13, 2017 via mobile

As usual, the White Elephant has outdone themselves with service, comfort, location, and effort to please. One little snafu and like magic, the staff is on it. Bettina is the best manager and leaves no stone unturned to make everyone who stays here feel like royalty. It might seem like a minor thing, but the pastries and coffee in the bar area in the morning are sooooooo good. Port and cheese in the library at 4. This place is amazing, keeps me coming back year after year.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled solo
WhiteElephant1, General Manager at White Elephant, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2017

Dear mainedish11;

Thank you for your lovely review! I am so glad you enjoyed everything and that we were able to resolve the snafu quickly and take care of you.

I am a big fan of the chocolate croissants myself... unfortunately!

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 8, 2017 via mobile

I am a frequent visitor to Nantucket and know the island and its accommodations around the island well and have had the experience of staying in many of the homes to the hotels and inns. Needless to say, the conceige service is lacking. The last two visits to the White Elephant I had received no response to my requests after responding to their initial email to me regarding "my upcoming stay". I basically had to complete all accommodations myself after sending the message twice. I was advised by staff that "some of the mail is sent to spam" and another time ""the offservice concierge is slow at responding". Two years in a row, this is a service that needs to be above expectations.

In addition, the Spa service at the White Elephant is nice but each time I have waited over 15 minutes past my initial appt time to be brought in. The receptionist should be trained to understand the services and accommodations on the spa menu for when customers are calling to inquire they are knowledgeable and can answer. On each occasion I had questions regarding one of the services and neither time they could answer a simple question or alloborate on the service. They had to take a message for another staff member to call which returned the call several days later thus not being able to have the services on the time I had requested due to the lapse in time of the return call and the concierge not responding they were made only a few days in advance.

The rooms are adequate and staff in the hotel can be accommodating. If you miss your boat to Toppers, don't expect the White Elephant to accommodate a ride 6 miles down the road. I was told we can get you a taxi from the front desk...

As for Brandt Point Grill. It is simply one of my favorite restaurants to stop by for breakfast, dinner or a cocktail and appetizers. The staff in the restaurant are extremely courteous, knowledgeable and accommodating. Food is absolutely delicious.

Basically the view at the White Elephant is one that is challenging to beat but for the price, service areas are lacking. I will give the White Elephant 3 stars compared to others on the island.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Michele O

Dear Michele O;

Thank you for posting your review! It sounds like you enjoyed your stay and certainly enjoyed the restaurant!

Thank you for bringing up a few good topics:

I am glad to know about the response time of the Pre-Arrival Concierges. I will certainly share this experience with the team. I do know that they are often waiting for call backs or e-mail responses from other restaurants, which can cause the appearance of a delay, while in fact many different wheels are in motion. For those that are not familiar with this service, let me explain: We have a team of pre-arrival concierges that contact our overnight guests several weeks prior to their stay to offer restaurant, car rental, babysitting etc assistance. Most of our guests take advantage of this service and while they do take requested times for restaurants and spa, they will make every effort to get the closest available times. Most restaurants do not take reservations more than 4 weeks out. I will say that the spa is generally as accommodating as possible, while some popular local restaurants are only taking early (5:45PM-6:45PM) or late (8:30PM or later) reservations, which often disappoints our guests who prefer to dine at 7:30PM.
Pertaining to the complimentary boat to TOPPER'S, I am glad you were able to book this! They do leave promptly from the dock conveniently located right behind the hotel at 5PM, which is why we do ask our guests to head out there at 4:45PM. While only a few miles away, it is a 45 minute ride in each direction by boat and 30 minutes by car. For those that prefer to stay on land, a taxi or now Uber (yes, they are here) are great options.

I hope this helps and I thank you for bringing these topics up!

Reviewed September 7, 2017 via mobile

I Wil request room 111 again as the views were fabulous. The photo shows the view from the front porch. Although we loved the room it for sure is not for everyone. Th boat launch is 3 feet away from the bay window so there is a lot of traffic and noise going in and out of the water. Being on the first floor is great for in and out access to children's beach but the people staying above us had heavy footsteps at all hours of the day and night. So keeping on the fan on high mitigated the noises. The food is outstanding but the biggest downside was that this higher end property does not have a pool or hot tub. Certainly not what I expected for the price point

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear K L;

Thank you for staying with us!

I agree with you about room 111. There are so many positives! Forgot something? You are right there. Want to people watch from your front step? Not a problem. Right on Children's Beach? Almost!

We have often thought about how to integrate a pool, and haven't yet come up with a way that would work for all aspects of what we have to consider: view, noise, convenience, safety etc.

In the meantime, if a pool is critical (and for those of us with little kids, it can be very important), I would recommend reserving a room or suite at the White Elephant Village. This will give you exclusive access to the pool there. While not huge, it is very pretty and popular with the guests there.

I hope this helps!

Reviewed September 6, 2017

We were on vacation celebrating a late anniversary and our friends called ahead and put us in an oceanfront suite instead of a regular room. It was amazing - sea front, what else is there but being on the sea! The hotel, the management, the room and decor, the food, was a dream come true!

Stayed: July 2017
WhiteElephant1, General Manager at White Elephant, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2017

Dear Marcy W;

Thank you for posting your review. I love that your friends called to upgrade your room! Those are amazing friends to have!

Happy Anniversary!

Reviewed September 5, 2017

My wife and 3 kids stayed for 3 nights in Nantucket at the White Elephant. We had a 2 bedroom cottage for our stay. The first thing about the White Elephant is the location. It's right on the water right next to town. It was the ideal location in that you could 1) walk to any location in town and 2) the various beaches. The rooms were well appointed and the beds were comfortable. The only issue is that I expect luxury hotels to have large bathrooms. Neither of the 2 bathrooms in this room were very large. My wife and I couldn't be in there getting ready at the same time. The property was kid friend and did a great job of being ready to take them. One note, the gym isn't much more than a room with a few machines in it. You're better off just going for being out and about Nantucket to get your exercise.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family

Dear raja_24;

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. The two bedroom cottages are perfect for a family! The two bedrooms, two bathrooms, den and kitchenette with a living room really make a great space.

It sounds like you loved the island and really had a great time.