“Impeccable!”
Review of White Elephant

White Elephant
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Nantucket
Reviewed May 27, 2013

My stay with the White Elephant was an experience in comfort and superb relaxation. The friendly and present staff applied consistent attention to assure that all of my needs were met, from extending initial warm greetings upon arrival, to providing detailed guidance as I navigated my stay on Nantucket, to providing pleasant room surprises that I discovered upon my return. I had consistent feelings of security, warmth and comfort throughout my stay. The rooms and grounds are impeccable, the amenities plentiful. The extra effort that the White Elephant management and staff made to ensure that my stay was as enjoyable, personal, and pleasant as possible made all of the difference in my stay on Nantucket. Highly recommended for luxury, comfort, quiet, convenience, and wonderful harbor views!

Room Tip: A room with harbor view is fantastic for the full Nantucket experience
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank aspentravelgirl
WhiteElephant1, General Manager at White Elephant, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

Dear Jodi O;

Thank you so very much for your review. We love hearing that you felt taken care of and relaxed throughout your stay. We try to balance being available and throughtful without coming across as overbearing, and it sounds like the staff did a wonderful job. I do have to say that the team really is amazing this year in particular.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

I went to the White Elephant with my husband to celebrate our 20th Anniversary. We were expecting a nice, relaxing, romantic get-away and we were NOT disappointed! We were greeted by a friendly driver at the dock , transfered to the beautiful hotel. Our room was absolutely perfect, with a nice view of the harbor, nice balcony, beautiful furnishings and a welcoming anniversary cake! Our fireplace was not working properly and we had a bit of trouble with the balcony door- but the staff fixed both small problems very quickly. The weather was not at all cooperative during our Nantucket stay but that was not much of a problem because the staff was always ready to drive us to our destination, or offer us umbrellas for the short misty walk into town. It is an expensive destination (the hotel and everything on the island!) but it was worth it and we hope to be able to go back again soon!

Room Tip: The 2nd floor rooms are nice and quiet. Corner rooms have the most windows and the best views. I r...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your lovely review!

20 years is a wonderful achievement! Congratulations! I am happy to hear how much you and your husband enjoyed your stay and we do hope you make it an annual event.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

My sister and I stayed at the White Elephant for a short vacation. It was an expensive indulgence, but it was great. The staff was wonderful, and the room was very comfortable. Also, the location is great. Very close to town.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
WhiteElephant1, General Manager at White Elephant, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

Dear Travelgator_10;

Thank you for posting a lovely review! We are happy to hear that you and your sister enjoyed your stay with us. Our location is so nice and close to town, it is great to walk everywhere.

I hope you can find time to come again!

Reviewed May 14, 2013

The other weekend, I took my husband and two young sons (2, 4) to The White Elephant for an impromptu birthday trip for my husband. The staff did not leave any stone uncovered. From the free room upgrade, to the welcome toys left on the bed for my sons, to the surprise birthday cupcakes for my husband, everything was perfect. A shuttle welcomed us off the ferry and all of our needs were met. Best of all (with our kids), we were able to check in super early and get our Nantucket trip started. We will absolutely be back!

As for travelling with kids, they also thought of everything. A nice, wooden crib was left in the room as were different sized diapers plus organic kid toiletries. When initially booking, I was unsure if it would be 'kid friendly' enough. We stayed in a two bedroom cottage and I would definitely do that again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank bweg762
WhiteElephant1, General Manager at White Elephant, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dear bweg762

Thank you for your lovely review. Travelling with kids (I have two under five myself) can be a bit intimidating, so we do make it a point to help in any way we can. I love the amenities for kids we have this year. They are from this amazing company called "Little Twig". I am delighted you noticed! We also have umbrella strollers if you don't want to bring your own next time.

We are glad your husband's birthday trip was a success and we hope to see you again sometime, with or without the kids!

Reviewed May 13, 2013

It does not get much better than the White elephant. The staff, the room, the food, the location, the over all experience was wonderful. We have recommended the White Elephant to several of our friends and relatives. We loved the white car.

Room Tip: we were lucky, we got a free upgrade, but I do not have knowledge of other rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Mantoloking;

Thank you for posting a review on the White Elephant. The white car is a 1939 LaSalle that is apparently one of only 185 made that year! It really is amazing. It prouldy rode in the Daffodil Parade this April and has already driven one bride and her dad to St. Mary's church this season!

We hope to see you again soon!

Sincerley,

Reviewed April 28, 2013

We traveled to Nantucket with a group of six couples. From the moment we stepped off the ferry the White Elephant was outstanding. They greet you at the ferry, check in is simple, they accommodated getting six rooms in the same area. The staff learn your name and whether it's a strange request for drinks or a last minute request for a dinner reservation for twelve they never failed to go out of their way to provide service with a smile. And the price for the location, accommodations, and service is a huge value.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
WhiteElephant1, General Manager at White Elephant, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2013

Dear WadeW;

Thank you and your friends for choosing the White Elephant for your Nantucket Vacation. It is always fun to travel with a great group. While we do get lots of families and couples, we often see groups of friends like your crew really enjoy the island. There is truly something for everyone and we are such a short distance from town too!

This time of year, last minute reservations are generally not a problem (even for 12!), although in the summer I would advise making those reservations ahead of time through our pre-arrival concierge.

I am thrilled you all had such a good time and that my team helped make your visit such a success. Please come again!

Reviewed April 25, 2013

My husband and I were married on Nantucket 35 years ago and visit as often as time will allow. We have stayed at the White Elephant twice before during the quieter seasons (which we prefer) and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The Inn is spotless and the service exemplary. The Brant Point Grill and bar serve fabulous food and drinks and the location can't be beat. It's hard to break away from for other dining options, but Nantucket has so many great choices. When we venture out for the evening, we always stop by for a nightcap before turning in. We're looking forward to our upcoming visit in May - only a few more weeks to go! Pat & Bill, Hopedale

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
WhiteElephant1, General Manager at White Elephant, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Dear Pat & Bill;

Thank you for sharing your experiences on Tripadvisor! I hope that you have the glorious weather on your next trip hat we have today for Daffodil Weekend! It is amazing!
I cannot wait to hear what you think about our enhanced menu selections at the Brant Point Grill! Chef worked very hard on adding more items and on making sure everyone's favorites (including his own of course!) are available. Have a look on our website ... we have had great feedback so far.

See you soon!