“Amazing Honeymoon!!”
Review of White Elephant

White Elephant
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Nantucket
Reviewed July 8, 2011

My wife and I spent our honeymoon on sister island, Martha's Vineyard, and as a surprise gift to us someone planned an overnight on Nantucket at the White Elephant Resort. Let me say, it was the absolute best experience we have ever had.

A week before our stay, the vacation planner at the resort contacted me to see if I needed any arrangements or reservations. I went ahead and made a dinner and spa reservation.

From the reception right when we walked in the door from the front desk workers, we knew this was a special place. Upon our arrival we were informed that we had been uprgraded to a harborview suite. We we delighted with this news and upon entering the room we were speechless - it was beautiful. Awaiting us was a box of chocolates and personal letter from hotel management. Amazing all around!

And the experience didn't end there. Dinner at Topper's was fabulous - and the maiter'd was great. Cool use of technology as well - they use iPads for the wine lists. Food was excellent and we didn't feel at all rushed which my wife and I love when we are at restaurants.

Turn down service was great and we had a great, restful sleep on the amazingly comfortable bed. The room was spotless, and the staff was quick to help with anything we needed.

We also got vouchers for the spa, so we previously booked a couples massage. It was one of the best. Highly recommend it!

All in all, this was one of our favorite places ever, and the staff made our honeymoon extra special. I would recommend this resort to anyone looking for excellence in quality, service, and overall experience. Thank you hotel management and staff for an amazing honeymoon and for running an amazing resort! We hope to return someday!

Room Tip: Look for specials on the website - they have a
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rickles10
WhiteElephant1, General Manager at White Elephant, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2011

Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your visit and I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed June 22, 2011

What an amazing place to stay! This was my fourth trip to Nantucket, each time staying within one of the White Elephant's vast accomodation options (from the Hotel to the Cottages - and finally at the Hotel Residences) and by far this was my favourite place to stay. Travelling with a few friends, the Residences gave us the option of being just a short walk into town to one of the many great bars and restaurants or have a chilled start to the evening in the privacy of our lounge room with cheese and wine. The staff at check in and through out our stay were wonderful - always on hand to help with suggestions for restaurants, through to day trips and bike tours.

Without question I will be back to Nantucket, and will certainly both stay at the Residences again and recommend it to all of my friends!

thanks for a wonderful weekend!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank M0nika81
WhiteElephant1, General Manager at White Elephant, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2011

Thank you very much for your wonderful review. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and we hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed June 21, 2011

I spent four days at the luxurious White Elephant Hotel on Nantucket Island with my 2 sons. From the moment we were greeted at the ferry to our send off 4 days later, the service could not have been better or more professional. The drivers, bellman, receptionists, concierge, housekeeping staff, managers and dining room wait staff were all so friendly and accommodating....and called me by name. They bent over backwards to insure a pleasant stay. Our cottage was bright and cozy and super clean. The best part was relaxing on the lounge chairs overlooking the harbor. What a view. And lets talk about the Lobster Bloody Marys.......unbelievably delicious and loaded with full claws!
We can't wait to return.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank ACK_Lover123

Reviewed June 10, 2011

I stayed in a one bedroom cottage, an adorable, perfect little getaway. The cottage was well appointed, very clean, very comfortable bed (turn down and chocolate :) ) and as if in it's own little village with a lawn with chairs, just perfect. It is very close to the main building and an easy walk to everything in the downtown area and the children's beach. The staff was more than attentive and friendly. Wine and cheese in the library was wonderful, delicious port and a variety of yummy cheeses. There are comfy lawn chairs that look out over the harbor where I saw the most beautiful sunrise I have ever seen. The white Elephant is truly the perfect Nantucket experience, a don't miss experience.

Room Tip: check out the White Elephant website
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank BostonBread11

Reviewed June 7, 2011

We stayed on the second floor over the restaurant/ bar and they told me when I made the reservation that it might be noisy. It was not really. Only once when the help was setting up did we hear the music in the early morning. As soon as we called, they turned it down. Otherwise everything was perfect. The bed, bedding, pillows, towels etc. are all quality.
We loved it!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 3, 2011

I spent a week with my boyfriend and another couple in a White Elephant Cottage and we could not have been more pleased. We're all mid-twenties, city-dwellers (2 from boston, 2 from NYC) who love everything to be accessible, but love getting away. Our cottage was 2-bedrooms with 2 living areas, 2 bathrooms and a lovely little kitchen. We could walk into town in under 10 minutes in one direction, and to the lighthouse in 5 in another. We rode bikes, ate fantastic Brant Point Grille food and drank wine on our patio. I especially loved my down time in the cozy and quaint window-side, reading and napping. We will definitely be coming back, and there's talk of renting a White Elephant Residence or one of the Boat Basin Cottages (all under the same Nantucket Island Resorts umbrella--convenient!) with a bigger group of our friends!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 30, 2011

Upon our morning arrival at the harbor, we were warmly greeted and driven to the hotel, where they held our bags until the room was ready (as the TWE advertises up front, don't rely on early check-in). Service from start to finish was courteous, and the facility was very clean (though our turn-down service was missed one night). We had spa treatments (facial and massage) that were good, but not great. Complimentary, daily cheese and port were a nice touch. Our ocean view room wasn't especially large, but it afforded a nice view and semi-private porch. The gym is small, but equipped with 2 treadmills, an elliptical machine, cycle, and hand weights - all in excellent condition. The hotel is about a 10-minute walk to town, so you may want a car in cold or adverse weather. The walk is wonderful in good weather, which we fortunately had throughout our stay. A soiid destination on the island.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple