TripAdvisor
Nantucket
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews mary lou grand marnier beach towels and beach chairs halibut an easy minute walk late at night fair street close to town the location is perfect wonderful visit cape cod perfect stay every hour few blocks baked goods cookies first floor
Selected filters
Reviewed August 7, 2015

I stayed here with my boyfriend and the Inn was absolutely lovely. I was told it was recently redone and they did an absolutely amazing job with it. It felt extremely clean and fresh. The staff is very helpful and polite. We loved the convenient location in town, but also the quiet street that gave us the relaxation we needed. Would recommend to anyone: friends, couples, families, etc. We will definitely be back!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank HappyTraveler310
Reviewed August 3, 2015

I can't say enough good things about this lovely inn. I love the location right off main street. None of the noise, all of the convenience and it is the prettiest street. It is an easy 5 minute walk from the Hy-Line ferry (maybe 10 from the Steamship).
My friend and I stayed for 2 nights and we each needed our own bed so the single bedrooms on the 2nd floor (Aurora and Rambler) were perfect for us and had a bathroom in the hall for our use. There is a sink in each room so it was very nice to just shower and then do out hair and make up in our own rooms. The Inn was so quiet - I never heard any other guests except in the common areas.

The room itself was so perfect. I stayed in Rambler and this bed is the most incredible bed I have ever slept in. My friend said the same about hers in Aurora. The first night I got in it I could not believe how soft the sheets were and the softness of the pillow topper. The room had great amenities and ample storage to hang dresses and 3 good sized drawers for shorts, shorts, etc. There is a small flat screen TV if for some reason you may want to use it and they have a water bottle in each room as well as a hair dryer.

The Inn has beach chairs and beach towels for your use for free. Wi-Fi is free. A/C works great (window units in the rooms). If you rent a bike there is a bike rack int he back for you to park it each night.

Breakfast is served from 8-9:30 am and coffee and tea is available at 7 AM. My friend NEEDS her coffee in the morning so this was a plus. The breakfast is way more than continental if you ask me. There is a selection of cereal, home made granola, yogurt, a fruit bowl (which needs to be much larger, love my fruit!), English muffins, toast and banana bread with jam, cream cheese, butter, then there are hard boiled eggs, small muffins, pastries, scrambled eggs, a frittata (different each day), baked french toast and they accommodate dietary needs. They also have coffee, tea, milk, and assorted juices. Breakfast is served on the lowest level, which is the restaurant at dinner time. Many people told us the restaurant at the inn has fantastic food and I will sample it during my next stay. One wall has beautiful windows so it is well lit and bright.

Mary Lou and Bob (the managers I assume) were GREAT. Just the nicest people, friendly but not overbearing. Had great suggestions and tips if we asked. We loved every minute of our stay and I am already planning on returning in September!

Some tips - beware the candy jar on the table in the Family Room. It is hard to resist! :) Also, we dined at The Pearl in town for dinner - it was excellent! Met on Main for lunch was really great as well. I also enjoyed 29 Fair for dinner - an intimate and very historic restaurant, but if you are looking for hip and cutting edge it is not. I absolutely loved it but if you are looking for "the scene" it won't be your thing. The Bean coffee shop is good and off Federal St - it opens early at 6 AM. Funky unique jewelry at Hepburn, The Lovely had very nice dresses and clothes - just some idea.

Stay at the Ships Inn - you won't regret it!

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank sunnysideuppls
Reviewed July 31, 2015

My wife and I needed a romantic get away for the weekend. We found The Ship's Inn online and we welcomed to a beautifully renovated, covered in flowers bed and breakfast just off Main Street in Nantucket. We were blown away by the outstanding service and food served at The Ship's Inn's restaurant downstairs. Highly recommend it, we are definitely going back.

Room tip: Ask for a room on the front of the Inn, beautiful.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2015 via mobile

From the initial contact and reservation this place is Tops! They have a three night minimum but allowed me to split it so that I might do an overnight ferry trip to Martha's Vineyard . I stayed in one of their single person room and it was clean , and extremely comfortable. The location is perfect , you are in the middle of everything and short walks get you to wherever you might want to go. The manager, MaryLou is everywhere! She was always available with info and suggestions. Upon checking me in to my room , gave me a map and really explained the island and things to do while I was there. The only negative I felt was when I had to check out :( all great things come to an end. Thank you, MaryLou for a wonderful experience in Nantucket... I will definitely be back

Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank catherine115
Reviewed July 13, 2015

The Ship's Inn has a warm and gracious feel. The living room is comfortable and well appointed. Mary Lou and Bob were amazing. Each day Mary Lou served homemade quiche, muffins, and other goodies for breakfast. As a person with food allergies, she was extremely accommodating. Our room was a good size, larger than we expected for a family of three. We would stay at the Ship's Inn again.

1  Thank dompass