“Nice stay in Nantucket”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Nantucket
Safe Harbor Guest House
Ranked #34 of 39 Nantucket B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Nice stay in Nantucket”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

We had never been to Nantucket and decided to visit while traveling through Cape Cod in June. We found the Safe Harbor Guest House online and decided to book there. I called the inn directly and spoke with Lisa, the innkeeper. She was very helpful in describing Nantucket, the inn's location, and things to do. We booked a room with balcony on the second floor. When we arrived about 1:30, the front door was open, but no one was there. We saw a welcome letter on the entry table with our names, directing us to our room, which had a key in the doorknob. We settled ourselves in and afterwards heard someone in the hallway; a nice gal who apparently works there said hello and told us the time for breakfast. In a nutshell .. our room was nice & clean, comfy bed; breakfast was good (wonderful muffins), though when we went downstairs for breakfast the first day no one was there, we just helped ourselves. The location is good, just a short walk into town and Children's Beach. I've stayed at many inns over the years, and this experience felt a little different ... we heard walking around up/down steps and in other parts of the house, but didn't see anyone associated with the inn other than the first gal. We never did meet the innkeeper (perhaps she was away), which I would have liked. Some of the other guests also seemed puzzled. We did appreciate the fireplace and books in the inviting entryway one rainy morning! All in all, a nice stay in Nantucket if you are comfortable without the warm-and-fuzzy.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gail19

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
New Fairfield, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

My mom, my aunt, and I went to Nantucket for my birthday last week and we stayed at Safe Harbor Bed and Breakfast. It was literally a 5 minute walk from the town ferry to Safe Harbor and as soon as we saw it, we felt right at home. There were beautiful flowers planted in the yard and a front porch where a very inviting couch awaited us. The innkeeper of 20 years, Lisa, was very welcoming and friendly and took great care of the place. Our room, "South Wind", had a great balcony overlooking the garden and also had a clear view of children's beach, which was also a very short walk down the street. Every morning around 8 there was fresh coffee, orange juice, and hot water for tea. There were also strawberries and blueberries accompanied by Lisa's yummy scones, muffins, bagels, toast, and donuts. There was usually always someone around, either Lisa or the housekeeper, if we needed anything like an extra towel. We were having such a nice time that we wanted to stay another day so we called Lisa and were able to move our things across the hall to "North Wind" for one more night. Both rooms were very clean and comfy. Next time we go to Nantucket we will definitely return to Safe Harbor!

Room Tip: "South Wind" has a deck that overlooks the garden and had a view of Children's beach...
3 Thank Christina J
Lewes, Delaware
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

This was a great place especially if YOU HAVE CHILDREN. It was located right next to childrens beach and next to wondeful restaurants, whaling museum, and shps. They had gormet breakfast and wonderful coffee. Very accomodating too. Held bags, offered pack n play, and had a wonderful front porch for relaxing. We even had our own balcony overlooking the garden. It felt very private. We will definitley return again! Lots of places wont take children between the ages of 1-5, Lisa the innkeeper was great and welcomed us.

Room Tip: Book more than 1 night for best choices of rooms.
Toms River, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

This was my third visit to Nantucket, once was a day trip and the other two were overnights. When I made my reservation for Safe Harbor my only request was to have air conditioning in my room, that was all. I spoke to the Innkeeper from my home in NJ to see that everything was confirmed since I made my reservation over the internet. During this conversation she asked what time I would arrive and I told her I would be driving from NJ and hope to arrive for the 11:00am fast ferry.I said I would call if things changed. We arrived 5/30 at noon on Nantucket and walked the very short walk to Safe Harbor. When I arrived the front door was open but nobody was there, I made a phone call to the number for SH and voicemail picked up so I left a message to please call me. In short order I had a phone call back from I think it was the owner who advised me that she upgraded my room which was right off the porch and she said the key was in the door. When I entered the room I thought, ok not bad.
The place was okay. The bathroom was clean however the blinds on the windows were pretty dirty. I needed a.c. even though it was not that hot it was always muggy and damp but the a.c. really did not do the job of keeping the room dry of all the humidity. The a.c. was kind of useless. Another thing is do not plug in to many things at once because you will kick the breaker and loss all power and if nobody is around you are out of luck. And thats the thing, 99 percent of the time you are there alone. If you have no problems it's not so bad but if you do you are out of luck.
Overall it really was not bad, and considering the price of $125, it was a good deal at the time.
The location is awsome, it is a short walk to the ferry, main street is a few blocks away, Brant Point is right down the road which is a beautiful spot to spend time. If you are just looking for a place to sleep and shower and you will be out all day into the evening this place is a good choice for the money.

Room Tip: If you need a large room this room was really big. It is the room off the front porch.
2 Thank tuscansun233
Duxbury, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

I have been going to Nantucket for over 30 years and I must say, The Safe Harbor Guest House is my favorite place to stay. The staff is fabulous and attentive to all my families needs, they are so helpful with island recommendations and they go out of their way to make sure we have a great time. I highly recommend this Inn and can't wait to go back in August!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Riegelsville, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2012

Safe Harbor is a lovely and comfortable B&B. Both windows in my room had harbor views. The room and bath were clean and freshly painted and maintained well. The bed was comfortable and I slept like a baby the three nights I stayed there. Safe Harbor is in a great location. It is close (walking distance) to the shopping and restaurant areas of Nantucket Island, the ferry and within short driving distance to Brant Point Lighthouse and Jetties Beach. Childrens Beach is very close. I visited the end of April. I can imagine that it would be great to visit when it is warmer and we could swim.

The breakfasts were great. The scones were freshly baked. There was a potato breakfast dish that was delicious. The coffee was good. One morning there were bagels, salmon and different cheeses as well as breads and different spreads. There were fresh fruit and strawberries. The inn keeper was pleasant and helpful. I liked the privacy of my stay there and the homey environment. I am looking forward to going back to Safe Harbor the next time I visit Nantucket Island.

Room Tip: All of the rooms have great views. There is a room on the bottom floor of the house that can be acc...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2011

We stayed in a very pretty room with a large deck overlooking the Harbor. The room was cleaned every day and breakfast wasn't spectacular but wasn't bad either. It was a short walk from town so the location was great. It took us less than 5 minutes to walk from the ferry to the B&B. The absence of the innkeepers was a little odd though. When we first "checked in", a lady came out of the kitchen and just looked at us. I stated our names and she said, "folllow me, coffee is at 8AM and breakfast is at 9AM." Those were the only words we heard from the innkeeper our entire trip. We never saw any staff the rest of our stay. It was so unusual that it was actually comical. (A form was left in our room to complete with our credit card info on the last day.) If you like a B&B experience but also enjoy lots of privacy, this is the place. If you need lots of attention, this place is definitely not for you.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple