All reviews scones granola wine and cheese party widow's walk widows walk other guests feel like family steps beach minute walk to town warm hospitality every morning the air conditioning bed and breakfast feel right at home third floor home away from home breakfast was delicious
Selected filters
Reviewed January 20, 2018

I came to Nantucket with a friend .This was my first visit to Nantucket and my first stay at a inn. I had always stayed at hotels when travelling but saw Cliff Lodge online when checking out places to stay and it sounded so charming and inviting I had to give it a try.The staff made us feel welcomed the minute we arrived. We were upgraded from a double to a queen at no extra charge. the room was very clean and cozy. The next morning we came down to a breakfast of homemade scones and home made granola fresh fruit cereals and breads. The breakfast could not have been better. The inn is within walking distance of downtown and the staff is very helpful with things to see and do as well as places to eat. I plan to come back again in the future and i will be telling all my friends and co-workers about Cliff Lodge

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
ManagerCliffLodge, General Manager at Cliff Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2018

Reviewed December 6, 2017

We stayed at Cliff Lodge for the first time in August of this year, and had such an amazing time in Nantucket and at Cliff Lodge that we booked a second visit immediately after we returned to New York. This time, we came for Christmas Stroll, which is a special Christmas-y weekend on Nantucket.

The inn itself is gorgeous - it's a home built by a sea captain in the 1700s that has been beautifully restored - but the people are what makes Cliff Lodge extra special. Bob, Melissa and Cindy have a way of making guests feel like family.

One example of this is the Friday night wine and cheese. The spread is incredible - this past Friday there were at least 6 different types of cheese, caprese salad, ham, baked brie, etc. - plus bottomless glasses of wine. Bob and Melissa sit and interact with the guests, which is so much fun. They are both interesting, warm and funny, and there are always a lot of laughs. This past week, it was another guest's birthday and I had mentioned at breakfast that I just accepted a new job. I was shocked when, at the end of the wine and cheese, they had a special cake for us - it was even decorated in icing to say Happy Birthday and Congratulations. They really turned it into a special celebration for us both.

Breakfasts are also delicious - homemade granola, yogurt, scones, hard-boiled eggs, bread, spreads, juice, coffee, tea, etc. And the beds in the rooms have memory foam mattresses - we slept so well in our room. Also important to note is the convenient location. The inn is a short walk to the heart of downtown, and is also close to a number of the beaches.

Our second visit was even better than the first, and we're already planning our visits to Cliff Lodge for 2018. We can't wait to come back!

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
CliffLodgeManager, General Manager at Cliff Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2018

Dear Laure,

Thank you so much for your kind words, it was truly our pleasure. We cant wait to see you again. We aknowledge the fact that you have plenty of choices and are very grateful for your patronage and loyalty. Our biggest compliment is a return guest and we strive to go above and beyond to enhance your stay with us at The Cliff Lodge! We hope that you are enjoying your new home accross the pond and your new job!

Best,
Melissa, Bob and The Cliff Lodge Team!

Reviewed December 5, 2017

This place made us feel so welcome. It was like we were living in our own home. The property is a short walk to town in a quiet area. A quiet that you don't get staying in the middle of downtown. The breakfast has so many delicious choices. We will definitely return for more visits!

Date of stay: July 2017

Reviewed December 3, 2017

Let me preface this by stating that I tend not to write the good reviews. My reviews are usually written when there is a negative experience. The good establshments get taken for granted. However at some point you have to give credit where credit is due. It is overdue here so this is going to be one of my special reviews.

My wife and I have stayed at The Cliff Lodge many times going back to the days of when Sally was the innkeeper. Sally has since retired but she was the one who turned us on to the Madaket Mall. :)

Melissa is the innkeeper now and is a team with Cindy and Bob the owner. On most days you will find them at the breakfast table having a grand old time interacting with all the guests. Everyone enjoys this. The experiences shared are interesting to say the least. There will be loads of laughs.

Breakfast food includes eggs, cereal, granola, fresh cut up fruit, yogurt, various breads, bagels, scones, coffee, tea, orange juice, and cranberry juice. It is hands down the best breakfast on the island that is included with your room.

Friday night is a wine and cheese party again attended by Melissa and Bob that is way more than wine and cheese. This past Friday there was a full cooked ham. Brie. Tomato, Basil, and Mozzarella. Endless cheeses. Crackers. Mini pickles. Bottomless bottles of red and white wine.

More specifics of this visit, Bob and Melissa discovered that one guest had just accepted a new job in London, and that it was my birthday. They went out and got a cake to celebrate both events. They made sure that my birthday lasted four days.

Our trips to Nantucket are always geared around having fun. We don’t want to sleep in the most expensive hotel, or eat at the most expensive restaurant. We want to have fun. We want to be at a place that makes us feel welcome.

Hopefully the takeaway from this review is that you will have FUN when you stay at the Cliff Lodge. You will feel welcome. And most importantly, Bob, Melissa, and Cindy will do everything in their power to make your visit is everything you want it to be. They really enjoy what they do. That can’t be said for many places. Don’t take our word for it. Try a short stay. You will not be disappointed. And be sure to ask what the “Madaket Mall” is.

Before we departed the Cliff Lodge today, Dec 3rd, we made sure we booked three events for 2018 - our July vacation, The Boston Pops on the beach in August, and the Christmas Stroll the first weekend in December.

Room tip: Book early!
Date of stay: December 2017
1  Thank Jim-ACK

Dear Jim and Valerie,

You guys are the best! Not only have we become good friends, we consider you all part of the family! We thank you for your kind words, and for your loyalty. Wheter its dancing to The Beach Boys at the Boston Pops, drinking champagne at The Summer House, or hearing your "beach stroies" at breakfast, we can always count on you guys for a great time. We appreciate the effort Valerie makes each morning to come to breakfast, and we promise to have baked raspberry brie in her honor at wine and cheese. Dearest Jim wefully acklowledge your flying all over the country just to visit us! Here is to many more great times!

Bob and Melissa and The Cliff Lodge gang!

Reviewed November 26, 2017 via mobile

Melissa, Cindy and Bob made this weekend special. They made me feel welcomed and invited all weekend. All offered cheerful, helpful advice and the inn was clean and comfortable throughout. I cannot say enough good about my Nantucket experience. I will return as soon as I can.

Date of stay: November 2017