All reviews scones granola wine and cheese party widow's walk widows walk other guests feel like family steps beach minute walk to town warm hospitality every morning the air conditioning bed and breakfast feel right at home third floor home away from home breakfast was delicious
Selected filters
Reviewed November 7, 2017

I must say Cliff Lodge was even better the second time. I must say the garden is beautiful and relaxing. It was nice to sit out in the early evening and enjoy a glass of wine . My room was spotless and a perfect place to relax before bed.The room was the perfect size. There was also a small sitting area outside my room where I could sit and read.Love the new mattresses so comfortable!!!!!. Best sleep in a long time. The breakfast was one of the best I have had on vacation. I love the home made scones . My favorite the cranberry coconut. The home made granola was the best I have had. The staff was once again helpful and there to answer my needs. Bob and Melissa were once again great. They have a way of making guests fell as if they are at home. Bob and Melissa are also great about giving information about places to eat and also activities taking place on the island. I left the inn totally relaxed. I am already planning a return visit. I would say if anyone is looking for a place to come to get away and relax on Nantucket Cliff Lodge is the place to come. I know it is the only place I will stay. Thanks Bob and Melissa for a great stay. See you again soon.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed November 2, 2017 via mobile

What a cozy and charming place to be and the cliff lodge provided that, we got so blessed to have room 5. With a cottage type terrace to have a morning coffee or afternoon wine, between ciindy, Melissa and rob , we couldn’t feel more comfortable, c u soon :-)

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Raul R
CliffLodgeManager, General Manager at Cliff Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words, it was truly our pleasure. We cant wait to see you again. We aknowledge the fact that you have plenty of choices and are very grateful for your patronage and loyalty. Our biggest compliment is a return guest and we strive to go above and beyond to enhance your stay with us at The Cliff Lodge!

Reviewed October 21, 2017

This was our first visit to Nantucket and so, of course, our first stay at Cliff Lodge. We were there during hurricane Jose. It rained nearly the entire week. Our hosts could not have been more accommodating. Bob and Melissa are a wealth of knowledge in all things Nantucket, and we feel they went above and beyond in taking us and other guests around the island for various activities during the bad weather. The Inn, of course, is old (1771) so with it comes "old world" charm. (I LOVED the "widow's walk", the one time I could get up there, lol. Anything we needed, Cindy and/or Alina were on the job. The wine and cheese party on Friday night was a real treat! Location is perfect for walking to town (as long as it's not 40mph winds and raining!). We enjoyed our time at Cliff Lodge immensely, and will definitely choose it for our next visit.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
CliffLodgeManager, General Manager at Cliff Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2017

Dear Patty and Kevin,

Thank you for choosing Cliff Lodge for your stay in Nantucket, it was truly our pleasure. We were delighted to get to spend time with you both. Nantucket is a very special place, and we are blessed to be able to call it home. It is truly a treat to be able to share it with you. Our biggest complimet is your return visit, and this time we'll use shade umbrellas for the sunshine! Cheers!!

Reviewed October 19, 2017

Loved our stay in this beautiful 1771 historic B&B in charming Nantucket! The house is beautifully decorated, lovingly well maintained with a friendly, home-y atmosphere. The multiple garden areas around the home are gorgeous.....perfect for relaxing, reading, or just enjoying that last cup of coffee. Cliff Lodge is within a short walk to the Whaling Museum, restaurants, and the downtown area. The Cliff Lodge is a perfect Nantucket experience!

Room tip: At least one 2nd floor room has its own balcony. Our 1st floor room was very quiet.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 25, 2017

My first time staying at a B&B and I'm so glad I chose this one! This historic house is lovingly maintained, beautifully decorated and has a great location close to the historic old town & beaches. I stayed in the single room which is charming & perfect for a solo traveler. Breakfast, served in the lovely dining room or on the beautiful patio is fresh & delicious (loved the homemade granola & scones). Brownies & cookies are waiting for you after a day of sightseeing or the beach & the Friday Night Wine & Cheese gatherings are a delight. Most importantly, it's the people at Cliff Lodge who make your stay so great. The definition of hospitality is Bob, Melissa. Cindy and Alina! Thank you, Bob & Melissa, for your unexpected and much appreciated generosity, Thank you, Cindy, for being the sweet, tireless, wonderful innkeeper you are. Thank you, Alina, for helping me catch my ferry. All of you are AWESOME! Home is where the heart is and I now consider Cliff Lodge my home away from home. Can't wait to return. Lillian B., Chicago

Date of stay: August 2017