Brass Lantern Inn
White Elephant(Nantucket)(Great Value!)
$445
Nantucket Inn(Nantucket)(Great Value!)
$383
The Periwinkle B&B(Nantucket)(Great Value!)
$288
$495
The Cottages at Nantucket Boat Basin(Nantucket)(Great Value!)
$420
The Wauwinet(Nantucket)(Great Value!)
$465
Orbitz.com
Jared Coffin House(Nantucket)(Great Value!)
$245
$215
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
21 Broad Hotel(Nantucket)(Great Value!)
$339
  • Breakfast included
Sherburne Inn Nantucket(Nantucket)(Great Value!)
$229
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfamily suitecookiesgreat locationwisteria roomgarden wingwhaling museumfrench press coffeedog bedgolden retrievergranolabrant pointlovely gardenin townbagelscontinental breakfastquintessential nantucketan easy walk
Reviewed August 1, 2011

The room was clean and well appointed. The staff was courteous and responsive. They allowed us a 1 hour checkout extension which was much appreciated. The location is very convenient for in-town acitivities and walk to Jetties Beach. Highly recommend.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stayed one night mid week with our Golden Retriever. The inn was cozy, bright, and very clean. The staff was pleasant and rarely seen which I though was nice. The room was very tiny, no space to walk on one side of the bed! It was the size of a large closet, for close to 300 a weeknight on the island, I was surprised! Those who travel with large dogs can't be very picky unfortunately. It seems that that area of town is pricey in general. The little yard area for the dogs is
adorable! Also, for a b&b the breakfast was very very dissapointing..we ate around 9:30 and as for fruit There were as few pineapples and orange slices left, some bark-like granola w plain yogurt, small scones only cranberry, 2 cranberry muffins, ( if u dont like cranberrys or carbs ur screwed) assorted bagels, Coffee and Oj More of a cheesy 'continental' as far as I'm concerned. I expected so much
more! I have heard such good things about B&B breakfast so that was a letdown. The lil dining area however, is clean and cute! We stayed in the room next to the dining area and i was relieved that we did not hear much noise.wouldn't say this was the best place, or the worst. If your traveling with a large dog I would definitley recommend a larger room!

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Doublejfive09
Reviewed July 17, 2011

We are new to the Bed and Breakfast scene so I wasn't sure what to expect. The Brass Lantern was a short walk from the ferry and in a great location close to town. Our room was clean, comfortable and nicely decorated. The breakfast of muffins, bagels, granola, and yogurt was great as were the freshly baked cookies in the afternoon. I was hoping we would get to meet the owner/staff at breakfast time to get some tips on where to go to eat but we didn't see anyone. Since this is our first time at a B&B, I am not sure if this is normal but I was surprised not to meet anyone. Other than that, we had a lovely stay and would definitely stay here again.

1  Thank lisaboarman
Reviewed July 16, 2011

Just got back from a short trip to Nantucket with my girlfriend and dog. A friend of mine recommended the Brass Lantern Inn and I am glad i took his advice. This B&B is truly the best way to go staying on the island. From booking the reservation to checking out of the hotel, this stay was perfect. The staff is just as warm as the daily 4pm chocolate chip cookies. The Inn is in a great location with a short walk to town. This rooms are spacious, breakfast is delicious, and the outside courtyard is great way start your day or an afternoon nap.

I do not have one negative thing to say about this hotel and highly recommended it to all. Kudos to the Brass Lantern Inn team.

1  Thank Lavers2025
Reviewed July 5, 2011

Stayed three nights over the fourth of July weekend at the Brass Lantern Inn.

Pros
*Honestly, its a great location. One block to town.
*The beds were super comfortable. I'm considering asking them what mattress they use, because I might buy one for home.
*The sheets were amazingly soft. Probably the best sheets ive ever slept on.
*Staff were very nice. Took care of anything (do you have a salt shaker? i need a bottle opener), etc... You never notice they are there though, so if you want something, you need to call on the phone.
*Fast free wireless internet
*A/C in each room, very quiet. Slept wonderfully.
*Super soft and fluffy towels - again amazing.
*Check-out is at 11am, but you can store you bags, and they even have a shower and towels for you to wash-up before you leave if you want, after you've checked out. That is a nice touch.
*The outdoor garden is very nice. It was a great place to go and relax outside.

Cons
*Opted for a $65 champagne/flowers in the room ahead of time. The champagne was Korbel, but a small (half-sized) bottle. Guess I should have expected this for the price, but was kind of disappointed.
*TV in the room was smaller than my computer monitor. Perhaps a 15" tv?

Neutral
*Breakfast is included, but its continental. Pastries, bagels, fruit. Very nice. Adequate. We walked into town and got breakfast at one of the many fine restaurants in the area.
*A very small parking lot is available. Holds no more than 3 cars though. But, who needs a car on nantucket?

All-in-all, I think this place was great. Its not a full-service hotel, and I think people should be aware of that before they book. But, its lovely, and reminds me of the "boutique" hotels that you see all over the place now... nice room, nice location, very little amenities. Perfect for Nantucket.

Room Tip: Opt for the rooms with a queen bed!
1  Thank bkafrick