“Nice stay”
Review of The Beachside

The Beachside
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Nantucket
Reviewed August 1, 2012

The staff was super friendly. Check in and check out was very easy. They were able to store our luggage when we checked out while we went to the beach before we caught our boat. The room was very nice. It had all of the usual amenities of a nice hotel. We had an upstairs room with a balcony. It is a great place for the money and it is only a short walk to town and to the beach. My friends who I went with also loved it and we all said we would go back again. Hopefully soon!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
KarenK12_12, Owner at The Beachside, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

Stephanie, Thank you for letting us know how we are doing in trying to make our guests' stays enjoyable. Our guests' satisfaction is our number one priority this season.. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Beachside and hope to have you visit us again in the future! Karen Keelan,, Owner, The Beachside at Nantucket

Reviewed July 23, 2012

I just wanted to say what an unbelievable time we had at the Beachside. The staff was great and the hotel is a ten minute walk to the beach and ten minutes to town. The rooms were clean and the continental breakfast was delicious. We were able to store our luggage after check out and shower before going back to the ferry.

Nantucket is an expensive place and the Beachside is a hidden gem on the island. I would definitely stay there again and would recommend it to anyone traveling to the island.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Veranda rooms and they were great!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
KarenK12_12, Owner at The Beachside, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Colleen.. Thanks for taking the time to write about your recent visit to the Beachside..As you say., our location makes it a short walk to town and the beaches, and being Triathalon Weekend, this made it so convenient for our guests whom were participating. Next year., we will be opening our continental breakfast early on Triathalon weekend to accomodate our Triathalon participants, as well as our other guests..Hope to see you then!! Karen Keelan, Owner., The Beachside at Nantucket

Reviewed July 19, 2012

The location of this inn makes it a very good value. My husband and I do not rent a car while visiting the island and the location allows you to walk to the village and the beaches within 10 minutes. The room was clean however the windows and the bathroom grout (some mold) could have been cleaner. Room rate includes a continental breakfast which was very good. Overall our stay was very nice and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012

Hearing from our guests is of utmost importance to us at the Beachside so that we can improve on all areas..Although we make every attempt to make sure that each and every room is clean and in the best of condition, we will make sure that even closer attention is paid to the details that you referenced. Our location and rates make it very affordable for families and guests, ( including our four-legged family pets ) to come to the beautiful island of Nantucket and enjoy the island with convenience and proximity to many venues. So glad that you enjoyed and will be back to visit us in the future!!! Karen Keelan, Owner., The Beachside at Nantucket

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Talesha and Kemona are two of the most helpful front-office hotel staff members I have encountered in quite some time. I was in town overnight for an interview for my dream job. I had already checked out of the hotel and returned after the interview to pick up my bags when I was called back in for a 2nd interview that very day! Talesha went above and beyond to provide an iron and board so I could get my clothes back into presentable shape after walking 2.5 miles thru 90degree heat. Talesha and Kemona were very responsive throughout my entire stay. Maggie was, too. They were all so friendly, warm and welcoming and cheered me on as I set off to see my dreams come true. Thanks, Beachside, for being a great part of my memories. :)

Room Tip: rooms in front have cute little patios outside to enjoy your morning coffee
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Caitlin, we appreciate your taking the time to let us know that we made your stay so enjoyable at the Beachside. Customer Service is our Number one Priority and as you can tell, all of our staff are working very hard to make sure that our guests wil come back and visit us again. Telisha and the rest of the staff make sure that in whatever way they can help any of our guests, they will...and I am glad to hear that they were helpful to you in getting to see your dreams come true in your new position!! We look forward to your stay with us in the future. Karen Keelan, Owner., The Beachside at Nantucket

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed poolside - room was spacious, clean and the bathroom updated. Staff friendly and helpful, even arranging transportation at the end of our stay. Quite in the evening and far enough away from town to enjoy the peace but a pleasant walk for all the excitement. Would definitely stay again! Continental breakfast was decent - bagels, pastries, yogurt and cereal. Coffee is available at 7:30 but there's a Kurig in the room for those that need an earlier jolt! Free movies availble at the front desk to help keep the kids entertained. Only downside - pool doesn't open until 10...a long wait for the younger ones!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Tammy...Glad to hear that we are succeeding in all of our efforts to make our guests' stays enjoyable and that you will be back to visit us at the Beachside!! As far as the pool hours, the only reason that we open the pool at 10 am is to let our guests who stay in our poolside rooms relax a little later and not be woken up too early...We are considering opening the pool a bit earlier to accomodate our younger guests, as we can see that it is never too early for them to go swimming!!! Thank you for your suggestion and hope to see you again at the Beachside.
Karen Keelan, Owner, The Beachside at Nantucket

Reviewed June 28, 2012

The Beachside was my home for 6 days while I was doing the "Nantucket Shuffle". Moving housing in between seasons. I travel often and have rarely seen the care and professionalism in the staff! Cleaners were all happy, friendly and helpful. When I told Maggie at the front desk that my toilet ran constantly, the repairman was at my room before I got back.

Positive attitude all around can be traced back to manager Telisha! Great value and people that listen and really care!

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded July 4, 2012

I appreciate your comments and will make sure that our staff is made aware of your compliments...Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing!! Karen Keelan, Owner., The Beachside

Reviewed June 6, 2012

We stayed here for Memorial Day weekend. Our room was already way overpriced and then when we checked in, they charged us another $50 per person PER NIGHT because we had 4 people in a room with 2 double beds! Does that make any sense? Also, our toilet was not working and no one would come fix it. When I called the front desk for extra towels, there was no answer! At 8:30 am we had a room attendant knock on our door to clean the room. When I asked if they could come back, she had an attitude that she didn't even try to hide. I still don't understand why the room attendant would be knocking on doors that early on a Saturday to begin with. All in all, this place was a mess and way overpriced. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Michelle C
Management response:Responded July 4, 2012

Michelle., Fortunately, I was able to locate your reservation to research the problems that you spoke of. Figawi Weekend is always busy on Nantucket and at the Beachside, as well. Upon check-in, as well as on our emailed confirmation forms, all of our guests are given information that clearly states that the occupancy rate at the Beachside is based upon two people and there is an additional charge of $50.00 per person. Most hotels do base their rates on two people and charge for what is considered to be "extra people" in a hotel room. All of our guests sign the registration form upon check in that clearly states that they are signing and understanding these terms. I checked our log at the front desk and there were no reports of any guests calling from your room, or any room that weekend about a toilet not working. If we had been made aware of this., we have staff to address these type of situations immediately, including bringing towels to any room, which we do at all times. Karen Keelan, Owner., The Beachside
As far as the housekeeping issue, our housekeeping staff starts each day at 9 am and is instructed never to approach rooms beforehand or if there is a "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door, which we provide in the rooms. My apologies for someone interrupting your stay earlier than the designated time.
I would be glad to speak to you personally about your stay and you are welcome to ask for me at the hotel at anytime. Certainly, if I had been made aware of your complaints during your stay, I would have addressed them immediately so that your experience would have been more pleasant. Please feel free to give me a call so I can discuss any issues with you.