“Great location and best breakfast in Nantucket!”
Review of The Barnacle Inn

The Barnacle Inn
Ranked #9 of 38 Nantucket B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 12, 2013

What a great place to stay! Its a very short walk to Main Street with great restaurants nearby. The owner Phil and Susie were so nice and spolied me while I was there! The breakfast presentation (and taste) was so good I had to take a pic and post to my FB for friends! They really made my trip enjoyable and the B&B had everything I needed!

Room Tip: I use a noise maker when i sleep so any room is good for me!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank PokerCPA
Vtroamer, Manager at The Barnacle Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

Thanks so much for the kind words. It was a long trip for you to get here and we are so glad you enjoyed it. We also had a wonderful time getting to know you and becoming friends. Please come see us again the next time you're up this way!

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I spent a few nights at The Barnacle Inn recently and had an amazing stay. Suzie and her family (the owners) were so welcoming and were always on hand to answer any questions we had. Our room was full of character and complete with a super comfy bed. A nice bonus were the freshly baked cookies/brownies that were left for guests to enjoy in the reception area every afternoon. In terms of location, the b&b is literally 1-2 minutes walk from the heart of Nantucket town. If I ever return to Nantucket, I would definitely stay at The Barnacle Inn again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

So glad you had an enjoyable time on the island and at the Barnacle. Your kind words are much appreciated and we hope to see you again. Safe travels and fair tides to you from all of us here at the Barnacle Inn.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

I recently had the pleasure of staying at The Barnacle Inn in Nantucket.
As soon as you enter the walkway heading to the front door, take in the beautiful landscaped grounds and various seating areas, you feel right at home.

I had such a great time in Nantucket and I have to say a big part of it was due to my experience at The Barnacle Inn. The innkeepers make it their priority to provide exactly what you need to enjoy your stay with them and also your time in Nantucket. The location couldn’t be any better; it’s close enough to the cobblestone streets that you can walk to the ferry, yet private enough that you don’t hear any traffic from town.

Each morning started with a tray of fresh brewed coffee, some “Barnacle Juice”, Phil’s homemade pastry, fresh fruit, cheese, and a yogurt. Does it get any better than that? The price is very reasonable for Nantucket; bedrooms and bathrooms are extremely well kept, very clean and that’s big for me…one of the most charming things about the Inn is that each light in the hallway needs to be turned on individually as they’re original to the Inn. I loved staying there; I slept well as the beds are great; if you’re looking for a warm inviting environment where you can come and go as you please without feeling any pressure, this is your place. I honestly don’t think I’d want to stay anywhere else.

Thanks guys! It was awesome; can’t wait to go back!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank jpamet

Thank you so much for the nice comments you posted for the Barnacle Inn. We also had a wonderful time during your stay with us. We hope to see you in the fall for scallops, blue skies, and easy days as the seasons change. Thank you again, from the crew at the Barnacle.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

This Inn is old (we knew that) and run down. The breakfasts were excellent but the cost is way over the top. We have stayed in Inns and B&Bs all over the world and would rate this as the most over priced, disappointing one EVER!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Vtroamer, Manager at The Barnacle Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2013

We are so glad you enjoyed our signature continental breakfast served on a tray to the front patio. Guests love being outside.
Nantucket is full of old historic buildings. Our Inn is full of original furnishing, although the Barnacle Inn is only 83 years old.. This island ,former whaling capitol of the world is so magical and has become so exclusive. Unfortunately, the prices here on Nantucket are in the high end- not for everyone . Fortunately, we still have some lowest rates of all the Inns on Nantucket! We try to keep it affordable for our guests to enjoy.
We hope you come again ...

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I come back to Nantucket summer after summer, and I always stay at the Barnacle Inn. Terrific location on a beautiful, quiet side street right near the town center. The Barnacle Inn is the perfect size -- small enough to provide guests with personal attention, but just large enough to feel like a small European hotel. Lovely, homey touches -- delicious continental breakfast on the wrap-around porch or in the garden; home-made cookies set out for guests each evening. The owners, Susie and Phil, take pride in this family-owned gem of an inn. They and their well-trained staff make each guest's stay a special experience. Stay here once, and you will want to return!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are charming. There are two floors, so if you prefer upstairs, ask for an upstairs...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for saying such nice things about the Barnacle. We hope you can visit us again soon as we enjoy seeing return guests and keeping up on their travels and destinations. Fair tides and smooth sailing from our crew to yours!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We were very pleasantly surprised by this Inn, located just steps away from the center of Nantucket action. Suzie and Phil made us feel like we were friends staying at their home. The continental breakfasts were a delight and the serving/maid staff were very friendly. A few minor upgrades and repairs should be done to complete the picture.

Room Tip: Some rooms share a bathroom down the hall.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for the kind words. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again. We try to keep the prices down and are encouraged by your response that we offer a good value. Safe travels to you, and thanks again.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

A great place located in the heart of Nantucket. Suzie and Phil are amazing, they made me feel at home. Everything was excellent, but what I liked the most were the two Bulgarian girls, they are so outgoing and helpful and they make the most delicious breakfast ever. Thank you guys, i will gladly come back to ACK and stay at the Barnacle.

• Stayed: June 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nantucket
21 Broad Hotel
#2 of 38 in Nantucket
Cliff Lodge
Cliff Lodge
#7 of 38 in Nantucket

Been to The Barnacle Inn? Share your experiences!