“Fantastic, convenient B&B!"”

Ranked #9 of 38 Nantucket B&B and Inns
Wellfleet, Massachusetts
“Fantastic, convenient B&B!"”
Reviewed July 25, 2011

Big thanks to Suzie & Phil for a wonderful stay in Nantucket. Our room was very clean, spacious & comfortable. Delicious afternoon cookies didn't hurt either :-) Adorable street with incredible choir music streaming from the church nearby. They even spared time for some emergency bike repair! Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Harmony is very big but close to church bells. Back of the house likely quieter.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Moretown, Vermont
Reviewed July 22, 2011

As soon as I landed in Nantucket, I knew I was somewhere special. When I arrived to the Barnacle Inn, nestled outside the adorable cobblestone Main Street, I was welcomed by the smiling faces of Phil, Susie, and their handsome polite son Trey (who even helped us with our bags!) Whilst at the Inn we lived lavishly. The amenities are so comfortable, they're nearly incapacitating. After my four day stay I was sad to leave. And following my departure from the island, looking back, I can easily and confidently say: it was the time of my life. Retrospectively looking, I now realize that most of my gratitude is due to the Barnacle Inn and those by which it operates. Everything was perfect! It is hard for me to imagine a better place that I could have stayed. I highly recommend the Barnacle Inn, and longingly look forward to my next visit.

-A seasoned fan of the seasons

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank gitdowninnadatbog
Waitsfield, Vermont
Reviewed July 22, 2011

Thanks to the Barnacle Inn we were able to have an amazing time during our stay in Nantucket. We knew that from the walk through the courtyard decorated with roses and beautiful flowers, to the delicious breakfasts (and adorable trays they are served on); it was bound to be a vacation worth remembering. The staff at the Barnacle Inn welcomed us so politely and really made us feel at home the second we walked through the door. Phil and Suzi (the owners) were both there to greet us and were very welcoming and willing to provide us with any information about the island that we needed! The location is perfect, just far enough away from downtown so that it is a peaceful sleep at night; but close enough to walk anywhere to get food or some souvenirs. The food at breakfast was delicious and always freshly baked for us to enjoy. Very accommodating and helpful to make me fall in love with Nantucket for my first time ever being there. I will definitely be back again! Thank you very much!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 9, 2011

We had a wonderful visit this month at the Barnacle Inn. The Inn is cozy and clean. The Inn Keepers are great. Tremendous value. Very convenient to downtown. The fresh baked cookies in the afternoon are a wonderful touch Can't wait to visit again!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 9, 2011

For the weekend on Nantucket staying at Barnacle was great. So close to town, the rooms were comfortable, the breakfast was super cute. We had a great time, the weather was sunny and we were able to bike around the island. The staff was helpful and overall an awesome time, I definitely recommend the Barnacle for a fun Nantucket stay.

Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 6, 2011

My friend and I really enjoyed staying at The Barnacle Inn! The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The location was great ! The Inn is quietly set aside from Main St., surrounded by beautiful gardens. Phil, the owner, was very helpful and friendly! He gave us suggestions on tourists attractions and was always helpful when we needed somthing. We could not wait to get continental breakfast in the morning! We were served with fresh baked pastries,juice and flowers outside on the lovely terrace.! In the evening, we were surprised with delicious cookies and brownies before we went to bed! My friend and I had a great vacation! We would definetly come back to Nantucket and stay at The Barnacle Inn! Thanks Phil and Suzy for a great visit!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank WindyCindyChicago
Pawcatuck, Connecticut
Reviewed September 22, 2010

After vacationing on Nantucket annually for the past 8 or 9 years in a group of 6 or more at a multitude of different Inns, we have found this wonderful island retreat to be our favorite in the way of warm hospitality, cozy old-world charm and convenience to the center of town. We would never think of staying anywhere else! The Inn is set back off the road, completely private with a wrap porch and surrounded by quaint gardens with lots of small gathering areas. Your morning breakfast is served to you in your room or outside with freshly baked pastry or muffins, fresh fruit, juice, coffee or tea. You return to the Inn after your day's travels and are greeted by a platter of freshly baked cookies. The banana blueberry muffins we had one morning were absolutely incredible! If you are looking for a quiet, relaxing trip with all of the island's ambiance, you won't be disappointed. We feel as though we are visiting family.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family