“Reliable”

Sophie T's
Ranked #95 of 142 Restaurants in Nantucket
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Cosistently reliable. Not the best pies ever eaten but certainly not the worst.
The multigrain pizza option was delicious but has since been dropped. Hugh dissapointment.
I lieu of other pizza take out joints on island this is my default choice.
Never blown away but also never dissapointment. A good solid pizzeria!

There are newer reviews for Sophie T's

Reviewed August 16, 2012

I know a pastor who, when faced with asking to comment on just how beautiful a not-so-beautiful newborn baby is, would say, very diplomatically, "Now, that's a baby!" As for our take-out pizza experience with Sophie T's, I can say "Now, that's a pizza!" We ate all the pizza and it was OK, but it was not a beautiful pizza dining experience. Another good thing is that we needed to get both a regular pizza and a gluten-free pizza, and sure enough, we got a regular pizza and a gluten-free pizza. I have to make a distinction though; the two of us who were younger than 20 years old, had a much higher opinion of this pizza than the writer and his wife, both of whom are significantly older then 20 years old. So, maybe we need to research how pizzas are supposed to taste now and get with the program! Seriously though, this is at least acceptable pizza so if want to make sure you get a gluten-free pizza for example, this is fine to check out.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

This is very good Pizza!! I love this little, local take-out place. I had a wonderful slice of pizza with hot peppers, and my husband (being a meat-lover) had and excellent pepperoni....and of course just plain cheese can't be beaten for the kids! :) Wonderful take-out, great food, quick(ish) service with friendly servers.

Reviewed November 9, 2011

We ordered a large pizza with as many yummy vegetables as you could imagine - artichoke, eggplant, sun dried tomatoes, olives, etc. What we got was a large pizza with lots of very finely chopped, indistinguishable and tasteless pieces of various vegetables which were probably what we ordered - but how would we know? This pizza, as well as the smaller cheese pizza, had very little flavor and was quite dry. As the two pizzas cost about $45. you can see why we were not too happy.
We ordered takeout - the pizza was ready when we got there. That's the only good thing I have to say about Sophie T's.

Reviewed August 31, 2011

Have to say, the pizza is solid (average, but barely). Yet when compared to the alternatives we tried on island (we've tried most), it's a step up (I just can't bring myself to say great). But there is a twist…

We ate in the restaurant this year. And I have to say, the other selections were pretty good. The service was quick and friendly. The prices were good for ACK. They served 8 of us and in the future, instead of getting pizza to go, we may just have to eat in at Sophie T's. Everyone found something they enjoyed off the menu.

1  Thank declue