“Beautiful inn with Awesome innkeeper Skye who went above and beyond to help me!!!!”
Review of Martin House Inn

Martin House Inn
Ranked #7 of 38 Nantucket B&B and Inns
Lebanon, PA
Reviewed May 14, 2009

I found this inn by reading the reviews from tavelers here. I am so glad I booked this inn for my trip to nantucket.
When first arrived Skye helped me with getting info on the area and places I might want to try for luches and dinners. I had a wonderful room with a canopy bed with a nice feathertop on the mattress which made me fall right to sleep. The living room area was great, I would sit at night in the window seat and relax watching TV or reading a book. In the mornings she would have to fire place going and have fresh yummy pastries (awesome apple turnovers and rasberry crumble), fruit and yougurt, and what ever drink you like. Skye was very sweet to sit with me at breakfast and chat since i traveled alone and no one else was at the inn at that time. She makes yummy cookies in the afternoon for a quick snack.
I think the day I was leaving would have been really stressful if not for Skye. I went to airport to leave and the flights were canceled so I called her and asked to stay another night and she was sooo sweet and picked me up from the airport so I didn't have to pay for another taxi ride. She then took me around the island for my own little tour of the area and got to see the coast and some local places I would never had a chance to see without her. It was a very unexpected adventure that really made the trip so much more special. I want to go back again and look forward to staying at Martin house again. Very clean and well run inn. Skye is a huge part of my great inn experience and my first solo travel adventure.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Boston North, MA
Reviewed April 29, 2009

We have been going to Nantucket for Daffodil Weekend for 13 years and this was our first time at the Martin House. Skye is a wonderful innkeeper who pays attention to her guests. From her warm baked goods for breakfast and her afternoon snacks she makes all feel welcome. Our 3 children look forward to staying here again and they survived without tv!!!
~ The Blooms
Massachusetts

Brookline, MA
Reviewed April 28, 2009

We went to Nantucket for Daffodil Weekend. Amazing weather. Felt as sunny and warm as the best days of summer. The Martin House was really nice. Skye, the innkeeper, was super warm and friendly and helpful. The place had a very nice warm and welcoming and casual feel to it. There were tasty hot baked goods fresh from the oven each morning along with great coffee and fresh fruit, yogurt and granola. In addition wine and generous spread of cheese and crackers and cookies later each day. Nights a nice mix of both New Yorkers and Bostonians gathered in the living room around the TV to enjoy the 3 game sweep of the Yankees with a comfortable family feel to the enviroment. The house is old, so its some of the rooms are large even with their own private porches while others are real small with tiny baths, but the innkeeper had explicitly explained all this upfront so no surprises there. Yet it was all super clean, and modern where you need it; like enough hot water and a good strong shower for after a day of biking around the island as well as nice towels and linens. I would definitely recommend it. Everywhere on Nantucket is a little pricey for me yet our rooms at the Martin House were very reasonable compared with other similar places we looked at. And its just blocks off the center of town so available to walk to a lot of things. We would return. Looking forward to next years Daffodil weekend, yet it is hard to imagine it could be quite as hot and sunny 2 years in a row in April.

N.Y.
Reviewed April 25, 2009

I stayed at the Martin House Inn for a long weekend in October, 2008. The Inn is beautifully decorated, each room is exquisite. You have a warm, homey feeling the minute you enter. Skye and the staff were wonderful, very pleasant and accommodating. The breakfast and afternoon tea's were wonderful. The Inn is centrally located so we were able to walk everywhere. I would highly recommend the Martin House for it's value, comfort and location.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
York
Reviewed April 24, 2009

The innkeeper, Skye Schuyler, was quite friendly and accessible, and she provided us with lots of information about the island. She provided a pretty good breakfast, and she made us feel very comfortable in the common area. She did make a mistake about our reservation, but this mistake did not end up causing any inconvenience. The inn itself is outstanding, beautifully maintained. The beds were a bit soft for people who are used to firm mattresses, but other than that, we were completely comfortable and well cared for.

Boston
Reviewed April 23, 2009

Both my wife and I were celebrating our 60th birthdays on Nantucket, one of our most favorite places to visit. The Martin Inn lived up to our high expectations in having a quiet, cozy stay in the middle of Nantucket. We loved our room, especially our two chairs by the fireplace. The high poster bed was very comfortable- we slept like champs.The Innkeeper did everthing she could to make our stay the best, incuding wonderful breakfasts to get us started in the morning. Everything in town is just a short walk from the Inn. We rented bikes and cycled from one end of Nantucket to the other (Young's). Beautiful! Had geat dinners at Dune and the Boarding House, but the best meals were had at Fog Island for lunch, get the wraps. Also burgers at Lola's were over the top, not to mention the truffle fries, yummm.

I would say that this was one of the best birthday celebration ever for us. April is a great month to go to Nantucket (if the weather cooperates) . It was like having your own personal island because of no crowds. We made the obligatory stop to buy fudge at Aunt Leah's. We are going to France as the next part of our birthday bash, hope it's as good.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
Trumbull, CT
Reviewed April 22, 2009

I've stayed at this inn a number of times, both for business and pleasure. Each room is unique, but the common denominator is the beautiful decor and luxury bedding (among the most comfortable beds ever). Attention to detail is evident in the original artwork displayed throughout the inn and the fresh floral arrangements in the living/dining area. The innkeeper makes you feel right at home, greeting you every morning with something she's freshly baked served served with fresh fruit, cereals and great coffee. You can sit at the large table in the dining room or take your breakfast out to the large veranda. The location is ideal... less than a five minute walk to the center of town.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled on business