“Great Value”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Wellesley, Massachusetts, USA
“Great Value”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Our stay at the Martin House was great. The Innkeeper was very helpful and professional. Room was very nice, breakfast was excellent, close to town & shops. I would recommend this Inn to any of my friends and family. I hope to go back some day!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
jackson nj
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Hello. We stayed at the Martin House for the past 2 nites. The beds were extremely comfortable. There was no air conditioners in the windows, and the innkeeper did get a jammed window open when we requested. We shared a bathroom which we were aware of before our stay. But another guest decided to take an hour long bath and it was an inconvenience, theres no other bathroom and its blocks into town to use a public restroom.
When we met other guests at the wine and cheese hour, they advised us on 2nd floor they had an air conditioner. Also we were asked if we wanted red or white wine for our room as this was
included, but waited two nites and did not receive. The dog Tiki is adorable. The innkeeper
Skyy was helpful. We took Gails tour and I asked several times if she could stop as she flew by the sites and she did not. She would say what was "down the street" but didnt go by what she was pointing out. Went to Millie's to see the sunset, and there is no view. Went to Straight Wharf for dinner. Spent $50 on one dish, clambake. Very dissapointed. It was just shell fish
already cracked open she poured on a plate. We had great weather! The homemade ice cream at "the juice" $14 for 2,but was worth it!. Go to the Whale museum, a must! I liked the clothes at Breezin store. Any Q ask me! It was beautiful. If I went again would stay in Hyannis with the pool, air, and tv and just go for day trips from there.....martha's vinyard, and Nantucket. Its just an hour on the highspeed. The Black cat restaurant in Hyannis, Quahog was good, and chowder, but the seafood platter was fried! guess I shouldve asked tho.

Room Tip: no tv, we had no air, pay extra for personal bathroom.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I really enjoyed my time at the Martin House Inn. A friend and I went there to escape the hustle and bustle of NYC for a few days. Skye and Tiki (the tiny dog with fablous outfits) were extrememly friendly and put a smile on our faces everyday! The Inn is cozy and quaint.The room was quiet and comfortable. Sari did a wonderful job keeping our room clean. Breakfast was delicious and of course Nantucket itself was heavenly! My only advice is to get a room with a private bath. It's worth the extra money to have that convenience.

I will defeintely be going back to Natucket and staying at Martin House!
Tamani

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Hanover, MAssachusetts, USA
Reviewed May 21, 2013

This was my second time at the Martin House and both times it has been a pleasure. The rooms vary a lot in size and comfort but both times I was happy with it. We were staying as a part of a Living Social deal so we felt that with what we paid for the room, it was worth it. We enjoyed some wine and cheese on Friday when we arrived and met some other nice guests. The breakfast is continental but the baked goods are always very tasty and there's a nice outdoor spot to sit if the weather cooperates. The Inn isn't fancy and I think that it would get hot in the summer in some of the rooms--there is A/C but we turned ours on briefly on a stuffy night and it was VERY loud. I would definitely come back. The location is great and Skye is an entertaining host.

Queensbury, New York
Reviewed May 17, 2013

My husband and I immediately felt at home in The Martin House thanks to the hospitality of the wonderful Innkeeper, Skye. She gave us a map of Nantucket and gave us some great directions and advice to help us get the most out of our weekend on the island. Our breakfast each morning had a delicious assortment of Skye's fresh baked goods and our happy hour on Fri. with wine and cheese was an unexpected pleasure. This small Inn had a relaxed family atmosphere that was great to come home to after a day of exploring Nantucket by scooter. Our accommodations were comfortable, clean and had a real Nantucket appeal to them. We enjoyed our stay and hopefully will be able to return someday.

Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

This was our 2nd time at martin house, and as usual the inn is charming. The inn keeper makes a fantastic continental breakfast. Serving delectable scones, muffins and other wonderful pastry. She also makes afternoon pastries and on fridays there is cheese & wine. I would highly recommend trying martin house. I will return soon.

• Stayed May 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Overall, a great stay on this beautiful island! We used a Living Social deal to reserve the room, so we were not expecting luxury. The room was on the smaller side, but it was perfectly fine. Our stay was in early May, so the temperature was pleasant, but I can imagine the room getting very warm during the summer months, although it was outfitted with an A/C. Breakfast was wonderful and we were able to eat outside on the porch. There was a covered area to store bicycles-definitely a plus if you are planning to bring a bike. If you are relatively fit, you can climb up to the roof deck for some fresh air/views of the town and ocean. The inn is very conveniently located in town and it was easy to get from place to place. Overall, the accommodations were comfortable, convenient, and homey and I would recommend the Martin House Inn to a friend!

1 Thank SeaLady123