All reviews daniel webster bagels in town beautiful inside the main house off season comfortable bed small room charming hotel old house christmas stroll ferry annex island downtown patio bikes
Reviewed December 6, 2016

Nice Hotel. It was clean and well maintained. Staff was friendly and professional. The rooms are fairly small so I'm not sure how a family would fit other than booking several rooms. I would stay here again.

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Traveled on business
Michael S, General Manager at Jared Coffin House, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2016

Dear wwb85,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback along with your kind sentiments about the hotel and our staff! If we can be of any assistance with the selection of rooms best suited for you and your family, we would be delighted to help with any future reservations needs.

Wishing you and yours a festive and enjoyable holiday season!

Reviewed November 26, 2016

Not overly impressed. Room had nice king bed and small couch. Decent size TV. Bathroom was small with no place to put toiletries. Bathroom door would not close for privacy - out of plumb door to casing. House keeping missed prior persons half used shampoo in shower. Much noise in room from hallway stairs and adjoining room. Room and bath could have used updating - looks like its been some time. Somewhat run down. Breakfast was coffee, muffin, cold cereal, bagel, etc. No tea or hot water available - had to request at front desk. No hot breakfast available. No shuttle service. A lot to ask at $355 a night not including taxes.

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Michael S, General Manager at Jared Coffin House, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2016

Dear l W,

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. I was certainly disappointed to learn that we fell short in meeting your expectations. The Jared Coffin House strives to provide each of our guests with a memorable experience, and I am truly sorry we did not achieve this with your visit.

I would welcome the opportunity to personally apologize and review your concerns. I may be reached at 508-638-5451. Once again, I appreciate you sharing your feedback with us, and I look forward to talking with you soon.

Reviewed November 17, 2016 via mobile

Excellent room, excellent service,Paula was the utmost personable manager for the stay!
Being a Coffin ancestry made it more special!!
Nice breakfast.
Just a wonderful mother/ daughter weekend!
We will definitely do again.....
Love Nantucket

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Bette M,

Thank you for your lovely five-star review and special mention of our Innkeeper, Paula who is such a gem! I'm so pleased to hear of the special mother/daughter weekend you enjoyed and in particular, your family connection to the Jared Coffin House; it's such a treat to welcome in the family ancestry throughout the season.

We can't wait for you to return and enjoy all the beauty of Nantucket...and perhaps, continue the exploration of your Coffin family ancestry.

With best wishes for an enjoyable festive season ahead -

Reviewed October 28, 2016 via mobile

My wife stayed here thirty years ago and thought it was more genuine to the period when the hotel was built. The hotel has been upgraded, but many of the rooms are small in the main building. We could hardly walk around our bed and our room was always too hot no matter what the staff did to fix it. The bathroom was okay, but had little room for toiletries. It did serve fresh baked cookies and hot apple cider in the afternoon. The continental breakfast was good especially the fresh baked muffins and croissants.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Michael S, General Manager at Jared Coffin House, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2016

Dear Dale H,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent visit to the Jared Coffin House. We love to welcome back so many of our guests year after year and am pleased to hear you enjoyed the services and treats.

I was sorry to hear that it was a bit too warm for you, but please do let us know when you are ready to return so we can ensure an even more memorable experience. We look forward to welcoming you and your wife back in the near future.

Reviewed October 27, 2016 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here the other week and it was amazing. The location couldn't be any better and the service was impeccable. We got stuck because of a cancelled ferry and the lovely woman at the desk did a great job accommodating us for another night. We stayed in a King room that over looked the entire harbor, amazing. The smaller rooms we walked by did look a little tight so I'd advise on the king. Unfortunately it was the off season so the restaurant was closed but you don't have to look far from the front steps to find plenty of dining options. Will definitely return.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Bbq1978,

Thank you for your lovely title and the five-star review from your recent visit to the Jared Coffin House! I was so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our location, and in particular, was thrilled to see your comments sharing "the service was impeccable"!

We pride ourselves on having such a wonderful team and I know they will appreciate your comments just as much as I do. Nantucket Prime steakhouse will reopen in late April as we near Daffodil Festival...a wonderful time to come and visit Nantucket and see everything in bloom!

My best wishes for an enjoyable festive season ahead and we look forward to seeing you next season!