“Great peaceful getaway and helpful owner.”
Review of Centerboard Inn

Centerboard Inn
Ranked #2 of 38 Nantucket B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great peaceful getaway and helpful owner.”
Reviewed September 20, 2010

Had a great stay at the Centerboard. My wife and I were celebrating out 1 year anniversary and I wanted to get flowers in the room before we got here. Jim connected me with a local flower shop and coordinated having the flowers dropped off and had them in the room waiting for us. Took my wife completely by surprise. Overall, it is in a good location 5 min walk to town, great breakfast and coffee in the morning, and Jim was always very helpful. It is very quiet place so if you are looking to stay out late, this might not be the place for you. Also the bed was only average.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BenBoardman5
Lauri B, Owner at Centerboard Inn, responded to this review, January 27, 2012
Thank you very much for your review of the Centerboard Inn.

My husband and I just bought the Inn (December 2011) and we are completely renovating it. This not only includes the usual cosmetic procedures of painting and refurbishing but, specifically includes the beds themselves, linens, pillows, etc. Although former innkeeper James Blount is long gone, as you can tell by the reviews here on TripAdvisor, current InnKeeper, Lyn Francis, is virtually peerless.

The Inn is, indeed quiet, due in part to location and, in part to the fact that the walls between rooms are soundproofed, unlike most inns on Nantucket.

Again, thank you for taking the time to post your review. We hope you will come stay with us again soon!

Lauri Benk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
North Wales, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 16, 2010

We had a great time at the Centerboard Inn. The place is beautiful. Jim our host was very helpful in every way. He gave us all th information we needed to have a great time in Nantucket.

2 Thank msings
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 4, 2010

All aspects of the Centerboard Guest House were warm and inviting. This was our first time to Nantucket and we're already planning a return, which I know will include the Centerboard. James was extremely helpful and took the time to recommend many local favorites. He also spent much time helping my husband and me secure our transportation to Cape Cod and even provided beach towels, which we had forgotten. We truly couldn't have asked for more out of our time there.

Portsmouth, Rhode Island
Reviewed August 14, 2010

Jim, the caretaker, was kind and fun. He anticipated very need we had before we knew we had it, ie. coffee, tea and brownies in the afternoon, just as we were looking for a snack. We woke to the smell of delicious muffins baking and coffee.
Our room was beautiful, freshly renovated bathrooms and both were very clean and neat.
The location was just outside downtown and was a perfect 5 minute walk, beautiful location and across the street from a fantastic restaurant. The surrounding neighbor and streets are quiet and calm, even the restaurant, for a very peaceful sleep.
We loved our stay and when we return to Nantucket, Centerboard Guest House is the place we will return to over and over again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Smithtown, New York
Reviewed August 13, 2010

My wife and I spent four wonderful nights recently at the Centerboard Guest House B & B and would definitely recommend a stay here, when visiting Nantucket. The owner Jim was very accommodating and knowledgeable about some of the history of this beautiful island. He made several recommendations that were spot on. We could not wait until the following morning to see what fresh, homemade baked goods and selection of fresh fruit were available for breakfast. The room was clean, quiet and the cost was in line with similar B & B’s on the island. A few minutes walk from the ferry terminal, the location was perfect for getting around town. …………….Enjoy your stay!!!

Reviewed July 30, 2010

I contacted nearly a dozen different inns and hotels on Nantucket for a midweek summer stay for my family and found nothing. And not for lack of availability! Then I called Centerboard. Jim worked with me, my dates and my request to find a room at his guest house. This inn is located just off of the beaten path, but with good access to downtown. We easily walked everywhere from the inn. Morning continental breakfast was delicious. Accommodations were comfortable and as expected. Jim gave us recommendations for beaches, exploring, dining, bike rentals (even got us a discount at a local bike rental shop) and overall enjoyment on the island. I highly recommend!

Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Jupiter, Florida
Reviewed July 27, 2010

I have been a patron of the Centerboard Guest House for the past 4 years. I try to go to Nantucket every summer and it is the only place I will stay. The rooms are wonderful, the private baths are totally updated and Jim, the innkeeper is warm and friendly. Coming to the Centerboard is like being on vacation but having the comforts of home. The front porch is great to relax and people watch. The location is perfect. It is walking distance to town but you still feel the nice seclusion from the town traffic. We love it and will always book here for future.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple