“Hospitality Plus”

GreenLeadersSilver level
New Hampshire
“Hospitality Plus”
Reviewed July 13, 2010

We went to Nantucket for our daughter's birthday. We selected the Centerboard Guest House based on all the reviews we read on Trip Advisor and were very pleased with our choice. The inn is located on a quiet residential street just a few block from the ferry dock and downtown. The Inn Keeper Jim Blunt is extremely hospitable and his knowledge on Nantucket is impressesive. We also enjoyed sitting on the front porch sipping wine and watching the world go by.

The only negative about our stay was that our room which was at street level was a bit noisy. Otherwise we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Centerboard Guest House.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed June 30, 2010

We got married on the Cape and went to Nantucket a few days later. The Centerboard offered an excellent last minute rate and we were not disappointed. The location is walking distance from the ferry dock, and everything else in town. The rooms are very clean, quiet, modern, yet cozy. The beds were very comfortable. We met the owner and he was extremely friendly and helpful. You can tell he is very personally invested in making the place as good as possible (to include the breakfast which was all farm to table fresh and delicious). I also suggest eating at the restaurant right across the street (can't remember the name but it was an upscale americana and fantastic). This is the place you want to stay for the Nantucket experience.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 29, 2010

We stayed at the Centerboard Guest House and loved it! It is a well appointed, centrally located Inn where it only took 3 minutes to walk to the center of town! The room was very clean with our own private bath, which looked newly updated! The Inn has a bike rack and offers maps of the long and beautiful bike paths along the island which we enjoyed very much! They also offer a breakfast of homemade pastries, FRESH fruit and the best HOMEMADE Granola we have ever had!!

Massachusetts
Reviewed June 26, 2010

My boyfriend took me on a trip to Nantucket to celebrate my birthday. It was my first time visiting the island, and what an awesome experience it was. I had a blast and the beaches were amazing. I couldn't have asked for better accommodations than the Centerboard Guest House. It is probably the best deal you can get on the island (the price you pay is actually worth it). The inn was in the perfect location, a short walk from the ferry and right near town. The room I stayed in (#5) was incredible. It was nicely decorated, and the bed was so comfortable. I slept really well. I loved the comfy bathrobes that were provided. The complimentary breakfasts were a nice touch as well, and the bread was delicious. The innkeeper was friendly and helpful. His suggestions helped a lot since it was our first time on the island, but it definitely will not be our last. We hope to return probably next summer, and would love to stay here again.

New York City, New York
Reviewed June 22, 2010

For the decent price on an expensive island, I was expecting mediocrity, but Jim really cares about his guests...from providing beach towels, to coffee to a bike when you need it! He really goes the extra mile. Plus, the beds were INSANELY comfortable. I brought several girlfriends with me for a wedding weekend and we all felt comfortable and at home at the Centreboard guest house. I couldn't have asked for more, except maybe a few nights!

Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed June 13, 2010

My girlfriend and I stayed 2 nights in the Centerboard recently and I have to say it was a thoroughly lovely place to have spent our trip. Jim the guest house manager was really friendly, very welcoming and helpful and had lots of tips for what was going on around the Island that week. Breakfast each morning was outstanding and included in the price - healthy and delicious, with servings of home made granola, blue berries, fresh yogurt, walnut bread, juice and coffee. The location is very central, on a quite street, just minutes from main street. All in all I would thoroughly recommend the Centerboard as a first class retreat for a stay on Nantucket. I used to work on Nantucket on my summers while I was in college in Dublin, so this trip back to the "far away island" was full of nostalgia. The Centerboard certainly made our trip that bit more special.

South Hamilton, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 6, 2010

Our group had the two bedrooms which exit to the patio- very comfortable with a great high end quaint ambience. Nice white bathrooms and comfy beds! Jim, the owner/innkeeper could not have been nicer or more welcoming. He greeted us every morning for the GREAT continental breakfast, lent us suntan lotion, recommended terrific restaurants, and even got up early to make us coffee before an early flight. Location was very convenient to town by foot, lots of rooms for bikes, pretty living room area on main floor. I will go back next year and definitely recommend to others.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family