“Great Place!”

Centerboard Inn
Ranked #3 of 38 Nantucket B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 20, 2014

We had a wonderful time at the Centerboard Inn. The Inn is beautifully decorated, very comfortable and there are lovely amenities in the bedroom and bath. Barbara, the Innkeeper, is very welcoming, knowledgeable and accommodating. She gave us great suggestions for shopping, dining and sightseeing. We highly recommend the Centerboard.

1  Thank Tom F
Barbara_Innkeeper, Manager at Centerboard Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2014

Thank you Tom, for your kind words. It was a pleasure having you here at The Centerboard. I've lived on Nantucket year-round for 25 years, and was a summer visitor before then for many years. Obviously, I love the island in every season, and enjoy sharing my enthusiasm for Nantucket with our guests.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

This Inn was a fantastic place to stay! Barbara, the Inn Keeper, went out of her way to make our visit to Nantucket a pleasant one. From when she picked us up at the Ferry to when we left she was attentive, informative, and friendly. The location of this Inn was perfect as it was just a short walk to 'downtown' and was located in a quiet area with a restaurant nearby for a nightcap. The breakfast was good and the bed comfy. I will definitely recommend this Inn to others.

1  Thank Qman O

Thank you for such a great review! I do try to make sure each guest gets 'the royal treatment' and in the off season I am thrilled to be able to leave the inn and run people to/from the ferry. It's just not possible in the height of summer. Please come stay with us again!

Reviewed May 11, 2014

What a lovely place. Perfect location, beautiful decor, friendly atmosphere, I really felt as if it was a home from home. Breakfast was a delight of home baked goodies and a simple combination of fruit, toast & bagels. The bedding was wonderful, and the bathrooms spotless. TV had a better choice of channels than most five-star chains, and the WiFi was free! Great place to stay, I'll be going back next time I'm on ACK. Also, for the foodies amongst you, the restaurant over the road, American Seasons, is one of the best on the island!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Rick H

Thank you for your kind words. I am so glad you felt at home at The Centerboard. I agree, American Seasons is top-notch and so conveniently located across the street from our inn. Nantucket has so many great restaurants, but that one is such a treat! I recommend sitting at the bar where you can order from the regular menu and the Small Plates menu for a very fine sampling of great food.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

The Centerboard inn is fresh and newly renovated everything is stylish and comfortable and the innkeeper is so friendly and knowledgeable we can't wait to go Back. Our room was comfortable and bright we enjoyed the biking.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dale Johnson Y

Thank you for your complements and for mentioning the recent renovation. The Centerboard Inn's renovated interiors have recently been featured on the cover and inside of Nantucket Home magazine.
I look forward to your return!

Reviewed May 7, 2014

Stayed for two nights at this lovely B&B with a very friendly inn-keeper. The location isn't in the town centre, but the town itself isn't that big and it takes like 10 minutes to walk to the ferry. The inn-keeper was very friendly and we felt welcome right away. She also helped us with things to do since the weather wasn't that great.
Have absolutely nothing to complain about and can only recommend this B&B if you are heading for Nantucket.
A piece of advice is to leave the car on the main land. It wasn't season right now, and I can only guess how it will be when the island is over flooded with tourists.

PS. The beds were divine!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank thsred
Barbara_Innkeeper, Manager at Centerboard Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2014

Thank you for your nice comments. There is so much to see on Nantucket, at any time of the year, as more than half of the island is forever preserved as open space. It is a nature lovers paradise, with the only true moors outside of Scotland, plus dunes, bogs, beaches, ponds, harbors and an ocean to explore... in addition to the largest collection of Pre-Civil War structures in America.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

We just left The Centerboard Inn yesterday and cannot wait to visit again. We stayed in room one and were beyond thrilled with the size of the roon and comfort of the King size bed which we our going to purchase that mattress, best sleep ever for both of us. Barb was very knowledgeable with her suggestions for dining and her morning treats especially the homemade granola were delicious! I would not stay anywhere else on Nantucket. Between the aromas of the American Season restaurant across the street to the easy walking distance from the center of town, we could not have been more pleased. Will come back again next year for sure!!! Laurie H.

Room Tip: Room one is perfect for a romantic getaway with the king size bed and jacuzzi bath.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your wonderful comments. I've lived on Nantucket year-round for 25 years and keep up with the restaurant scene, so I am always pleased when guests enjoymy recommended great places to dine. Nantucket has many! We do get a lot (I mean a LOT) of comments on the exceptional comfort of our beds. They are a variety of brands and names, but all have a combination of 'memory foam' with a built-in pillow top.
I bake the granola in HUGE batches and it makes the inn smell so wonderful. I'd love to have you come stay with us again.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Nantucket, off-season, end of March, high winds and a possible 5 to 8 inches of snow expected….that’s the bad news. The good news, I’ll be staying at the Centerboard Inn which is simply the best. Barb and Lyn, resident innkeepers, made my first stay memorable and I am making my return visit based on the following:
• A fabulous breakfast anchored by a fruit cup, juice, and freshly brewed coffee along with whatever the innkeepers decide to whip up.
• Late afternoon cheese, fruit, and crackers.
• A perfect location. Short walk to town or head out of town
• Sunset or snow viewing from my perfectly positioned and most comfortable bed in room 4.
• Open, bright, and airy throughout, a perfect antidote to a winter’s day.
• Small unobtrusive fridge for wine, snacks, and or leftovers a real plus.
It is most unusual to find a lodging which lives up to its online hype and sparkling reviews. The Centerboard exceeded all of my expectations. I would recommend a stay at any time of year.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank Deborah D

Thank you so much for your kind words. It was a pleasure having you here in the winter months. I look forward to your return, as you visit your mother on Nantucket.