“we'll be back”

Ranked #3 of 39 Nantucket B&B and Inns
Boston MA
“we'll be back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2010

This was the second time my wife and I spent a winter getaway weekend a this Inn.
Nantucket in winter has a special charm like no other place on earth and the Seven Sea Street Inn mirrors that charm in every way. Beautiful, "old fashioned", impeccably clean rooms (we liked the one with a small loft in the Swan House best), friendly, caring service - and a reasonable price tag make us promise that we will be back!
(It's a draw whether Suki or Mary makes the more perfect breakfast - thank you both!)

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2010

My husband and I recently went away for the three day Presidents weekend. We usually go up North to New Hamshire to another Inn. This time we decided to stay closer and try someplace new. We absolutely loved it, the innkeepers Matt and Mary were extremely nice. If you want to stay somewhere and have top rate service and clean and beautiful rooms this is the place to go. The first day we walked everywhere that is how close they are to restaurants/pubs. We will definitely be back! Thanks again for a terrific time.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2010

My husband and I recently stayed at the Seven Sea Street Inn and had a wonderful time. Just a short distance from the ferry, we quickly arrived where we were warmly welcomed by the Innkeepers, Mary and Matt who throughout our stay were extremely accommodating. From making dinner reservations to telling us about local hot spots, we were really well taken care of. The Inn was impeccably clean and charming. We also enjoyed the wide selection of complimentary breakfast items including delicious homemade breads. We loved our stay and are planning on returning to the Inn next year. I would highly recommend this Inn to anyone who is looking for a wonderful yet affordable stay in Nantucket.

Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Long Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2010

I took my family to Nantucket to visit my daughter's summer camp friends and did some research on places to stay. I came across the Seven Street Inn after reading some reviews in Trip Advisor of course. To make a long story short, I made my reservation and am very happy I did. Based on the time of the year, you can tell I wasn't there during peak season but if you're ever looking for a nice, clean, quiet, neighborly place to go, stay at the Seven Street Inn. The room was great and my son loved the loft in the Swan House. Matt and Zuki were very friendly and accommodating. I was able to walk to everything I needed. Matt even emailed me weeks after my trip to make sure I enjoyed my stay. There is no doubt that I would return the the Seven Street Inn. It is truly a home away from home.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Brewster
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2010

rooms are country decor with modern amenities including, private baths with generous showers and HDTV mounted at foot of beds. Very comfortable queen size canopy bed with separate sink outside bathroom. Rooms come with nice breakfast, the homemade waffles were GREAT! Would definitely return.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Leesburg, VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2010

We stayed here for three nights in August of 2009 for our 10 year anniversary. As others have said, it is in an excellent location, within easy walking distance of the wharf, downtown, and children's beach. If you arrive by ferry, all you face is a three block walk to the inn. No taxi or help required. The inn has a great lending library so there's plenty to read.

The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. They really make the place. They have a wealth of information - all you have to do is ask.

We enjoyed eating breakfast in the dining room and meeting the other guests. The inn seems to attract a good natured and down to earth, yet cosmpolitan crowd. Our fellow guests included descendents of one of the original white settlers of the island who was attending a family reunion, several New Yorkers, two couples traveling together from Oklahoma, and a couple from California taking a 2 week tour of New England.

Breakfast consisted of waffles made to order, mixed fruit, a changing assortment of muffins/quick breads, a range of cereals, and juices/coffee/teas. Nothing terribly fancy but very pleasant and a great way to start the day.

It's worth going up to the widow's walk on top of the B&B. The sunsets are spectacular!
The only cons are that the bathrooms are small and some of the decor is a bit dated but the price, location, and helpful staff more than make up for it.

There is a shared computer that guests can use to check the weather

I wouldn't necessarily recommend it for honeymooners or those looking for really luxe accomodations. It's best for anyone seeking a solid value, friendly unpretentious service, and an excellent location.

If you have any interest in architecture or history, I highly recommend taking the walking architectural tour of downtown Nantucket. The guide is wonderful and it gives you a real appreciation of the wonderful houses and buildings that survived the fire. Just watch out for the uneven sidewalks!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2010

My wife and I decided to head for Nantucket for New Years. Excellent location, large room with a loft that seemed like Nantucket, great staff, a large variety of tasty things at breakfast. A large common table for breakfast that guaranteed friendly conversation and tips about what to do during your stay. The Inn had several comfortable places (with fireplaces) to hang out. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple