There are many B and B's on Nantucket , and many are quite lovely. However, the Union Street Inn is run professionally with luxurious touches and fine service. The rooms are variable in size but all well done and represent the very essence of Nantucket's past. The linens are excellent and the extras, such as coffee, tea, and wonderful fresh cookies are available in the lounge. You may use the refrigerator ad lib, and also have access to all major newspapers. There is a pleasant patio, albeit small. Also, you do not need to bring your laptop. They have a pretty snappy one readily available on a desk for you to use free of charge, with a printer.
The proximity to town and ferries is notable too-- about 4 blocks and easy to manage with luggage.
Breakfast is quite nice, with one gourmet full breakfast choice, and 2 or 3 continental choices with fresh fruit, on the patio or inside.
The spaces, like all genuine colonial houses are small, but could not be more nicely done.
The only minor caveats are these:
1. staying on the first floor of an old house exposes you to the sounds of people walking above you, so if you can, shoot for the highest room. Go online and select your room (on the 2nd floor).
2. Some rooms only have showers, so if you are a tub person, try to book one of the lovely tub rooms that fizz.
3. Tiny TV, but who goes to Nantucket to watch TV?
Otherwise, if you are looking at the expensive hotels on Nantucket, (there are only a few) unless you are an unmitgated elitist and must stay somewhere with a lot of resources (restaurant, pool) , think again--this is a lovely option that is far better than most B and B's elsewhere--and the price is excellent for a very expensive Island.
We loved it and our expectations are often higher than other reviewers (probably due to our age and experience--we often find that higher ratings come from younger peopl with less travel experience--esphoneymooners). Take our word as veteran travelers, Union Street has charm, character, luxury, friendly and competent service and assistance, and wonderful extras (great working fireplaces for cooler nights too).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Best Nantucket Boutique Hotel". Named #1 Small Hotel in the U.S.! A small boutique inn with designer interior. Ideally located in the heart of the historic village, this beautifully renovated Nantucket inn features twelve guest rooms with a crisp, tailored "New England-by-way-of-France" flair. Guests enjoy boutique hotel style and services mixed with a home-cooked country breakfast on the garden patio. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Union Street Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Union Street Hotel Nantucket