“For a Change of Pace”

Ranked #52 of 145 Restaurants in Nantucket
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Takeout
Description: Pi Pizzeria serves authentic wood-fired Neapolitan pizza and delicious Italian American cuisine. We prepare the food using the time-honored methods of traditional Italian cooking. Our dough is made fresh each morning, the sauce is made from scratch using imported San Marzano tomatoes and our whole milk mozzarella cheese is grated fresh each day. The pizza toppings are what you would find in a traditional Neapolitan pizzeria. The pizzas are cooked at 900 degrees in Nantucket’s only commercial wood fired oven. Each evening we offer additions to our dinner menu that are driven by local and seasonal ingredients. Visit Pi Pizzeria and experience a taste of Naples Italy on Nantucket.
Reviewed August 5, 2013

This is a nice little place off the beaten path. It's good pizza, and well priced. Nice spot for a rainy night. Pizza is supposedly renowned. I don't know about that. It seemed like a flatbread pizza to me, very thin, but good. Try it for a change of pace from the in town mayhem.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

This pizza is really really good. With that said - if you want pizza to pick up on a Friday night - you better have two hours to wait. Literally. The trick is to call at 3pm and then you can have pizza at 6pm - you just have to remember to call early.

Different story if you eat in - which we did once as well. The pizza came in good time and we had a great antipasta plate to start off with. We loved that so much that the next time we ordered in advance to go - we ordered the antipasta again.

Unfortunately - they loaded 5 different choices of antipasta in a small container and it looked like mush and was not something you could serve on a plate because it was ruined. I think Pi needs to rethink that to-go packaging.

BUT - this won't stop us from eating there or ordering take out. This is the best pizza on Nantucket and we loved eating in the restaurant.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Always the best Pizza. And if you love Risotto, Then this is a must. Awesome meal and great service ............I'm going to be a regular

Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Seems like when you say where can I get great pizza you are pointed here and for the most part that's true. My fiancé and I did take out on a scale of 1 to 10

Pizza. Classic margerhita. 8
Pasta and meatballs. 7 for pasta and 9 for meatballs

Salad. 6 to 7

All in all. If you want comfort tasty great pizza try it. I suspect some nights they hit that ten

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Visited on a rainy day and had the NY strip and it rivaled any I've ever had! I've also had the pizza on previous trips and thoughly enjoyed it!

1  Thank pforinger