“Crispy mango chicken is a must-have, great for take-out too!”
Review of Mango Grill - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mango Grill
Cuisines: Chinese
Massachusetts
“Crispy mango chicken is a must-have, great for take-out too!”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We have been going to Mango Grill for years and as a previous poster noted, the normally empty-ish parking lot really does not tell the story. I think a lot of people get take-out from this restaurant but honestly it's a great place to go for lunch or dinner, it's a roomy and comfortable restaurant and the service is always prompt and efficient. It's a place you can go during lunch hour and know you'll actually be back to work on time!

The food is always good at Mango Grill. I have been there in a group as small as 2 people, and in a group as large as 20 for holiday lunches, and regardless of the group size, the food has been well prepared, is served quickly and hot, and tastes delicious. In particular, the Crispy Mango Chicken is a must-have -- it is not sweet as you might expect but rather has a little kick of red pepper and the mango just cuts the spice a bit. (They also offer a Crispy Mango Shrimp version if you prefer.) The Salt and Pepper seafood is also an excellent dish, although this is one that is definitely better if you eat it in the restaurant, as it loses a bit of its crispiness when packed for takeout (still tasty though). We also enjoy the Tangerine Beef, again a little bit of sweetness to offset the spice. I don't eat duck but my father loves the Plum Duck as well.

As for the more common Chinese food offerings in these parts -- the stuff that goes in a PuPu Platter, for example -- these are all excellent at Mango Grill as well. In particular we like the Pan-Fried Peking Ravioli, the Crab Rangoons, and the Mini Thai Rolls (although those really require the dipping sauce as they have on occasion proven somewhat dry). The fried rice is very good, especially the house fried rice or the pineapple fried rice, the vegetable lo mein is a must-have, and they also have offerings from a couple of other cuisines like pad thai or various curries and I have always liked any of those that I've tried.

As mentioned above, nearly all of this makes for great take-out as well, but try the dine-in experience as well, don't mind if there are not too many other diners!

• Visited May 2013

Ayer, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“maybe an off night?”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Not good. The place seemed nice, but food was very disappointing. This is not someplace we plan to go back to even though we'd like to give the benefit of the doubt that they were having an off night, mostly because of the price which was not cheap.

• Visited January 2013
Harvard, Massachusetts
“Dont let the empty parking lot fool you”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I have driven by this place hundreds of times and said to myself, how do they stay open. You do not see a lot of cars in their parking lot. I had to try it and I was pleasantly suprised. The Mai Tais at the little bar inside are alo very good and the staff is very proffessional and welcoming. I have been back several times and had some pretty good experiences. Try it!!!!

• Visited March 2013
Newfields, New Hampshire
“My absolute favorite Chinese restaurant”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I'm so glad I added this restaurant to TripAdvisor and am writing their first review. Mango Grill has the best Chinese food I've ever had anywhere. The Tofu Amazing dish is absolutely to die for: heaping chunks of meat and tofu with vegetables, and all their tasty dishes feature large helpings and are garnished with hand-carved radish flowers. The prices are very reasonable, there is ample seating and a bar, although they could tone down the Chinese musak a bit. I regret the day my employer moved to a different town as I don't get to eat here much anymore but even though I live an hour's drive away it's still worth the trip.

• Visited May 2012