“Delicious!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 23 Restaurants in Ayer
Shirley, MA
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Wonderful food and friendly service. One of the only places in the area for vegetarians ( and non-vegetarians.)

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Hortisam

Groton, Massachusetts
“Delicious healthy food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2011

I like the food a lot; although it's a bit pricey it's a great place for regular and special diets.

Shirley, Massachusetts
“It just gets better and better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2011

I loved this place from the minute they opened their doors. For some reason (I got crazy busy) I stopped going several months ago. Earlier this week I finally got back in there and found that the food was even better than I remembered. The menu has expanded (including fancy sweets) and the staff seems very comfortable. Everything about the place felt even more relaxed and easy. I will definitely put this place back on my list of regular destinations for yummy good for me food.

Visited March 2011
4 Thank PatriceDiner
Massachusetts
“Hidden gem in the last place I'd have expected.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2010

If you know Ayer, you know it is not known for its culinary prowess. It's full of posers (31 Main St.) or local dives (Tiny's/Nashoba Pizza). I have been stuck in this town for the past two months waiting to move home and I have eaten almost everywhere in town and many times passed by the Wholesome Cafe, as I'm usually looking for dinner after work and this place looks more like a sandwich shop. I popped in one night last week, unable to tolerate being ignored (poor service) and ripped off at 31 Main St.; which has the appearance, price and menu offerings of an upscale restaurant, but cannot escape its Ayer roots; resulting in overpriced, barely passable meals. I have since been back to WC and plan on making it my regular dinner destination, as they have an amazing specials offering to compliment their tasty menu. The food is fresh, of high quality and tastes AMAZING. The atmosphere is a bit bright for my tastes as a dinner destination, but I can see that changing as it appears they are still settling in. The food is well worth it. If you searching for delicious, interesting, high quality food, this place is worth the drive from any of the surrounding towns.

• 4 of 5 bubbles