“Sandwiches near the Nashua River rail trail”
Review of The Cottage

The Cottage
Ranked #7 of 23 Restaurants in Ayer
Andover, Massachusetts
“Sandwiches near the Nashua River rail trail”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

So glad to find a sandwich/pizza shop near the start (or end) of the Nashua River Rail Trail! We love to ride south from Dunstable and have lunch, then ride back north again. For a while we didn't know this place was there. It's a little ways from the terminus of the trail, but not much (.1 mile?). Once you know it's there, it's worth the walk. It has decent sandwiches, nice clean bathrooms and room to eat in (air conditioned) or outside. Didn't try the ice cream, but nice to know it's there!

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Donna C

Shirley, Massachusetts, United States
“take out”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Never eaten inside here. I have however ordered takeout. Food was good and worth the price...enjoyed it during the local parade and it hit the spot. The icecream was perfect!

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Rosie H
Ayer, Massachusetts, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious shrimp, fast delivery, friendly staff”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Food is awesome. Guy on the phone was very nice. Delivery was FAST and delivery guy was really nice too. $10 minimum for FREE delivery. Food is phenomenally priced and very affordable. Definitely our new takeout/delivery place. The shrimp is delicious so I'm psyched to try more of the menu!!!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Lindsay R
Shirley, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Cottage - Best local restaurant”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Everything I've ever had there was very good. Never a bad meal in the 3 years I've been going there. Very reasonable prices. The pizza is especially excellent with classic thin crust, flavorful sauce and a wide variety of tasty toppings. The staff has always been friendly, patient and very helpful which makes going there always an enjoyable time.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank lew f
Pepperell, Massachusetts
“Decent Pizza Choice - Great service”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I reviewed this place from my first experience, and didn't care for the pizza at all. The owner offered me a free pizza to come in and try it again. My review was done from memory, and to be fair, I went in for a second try so I could review a recent meal here. The fact thatthe owner was trying to step up to the plate and have me come in for a 2nd try (on him) says a lot. He understand customer service, and I applaud him for that. I have to say that my pizza was much better this second time around. Maybe i just hit this place on a bad night the first time.

Keep in mind that pizza is a very opinionated food. What one person loves another can't stand....such is the case with many restaurants. I thought the pizza was quite good, maybe just not my favorite type. I think the first time I had pizza here and called it "doughy" and think I may have gotten a pizza that was under-cooked. Tonight's pizza was cooked perfectly, and was pretty good. I'm glad I came back in to try it again, and was pleasantly surprised, and enjoyed it. I won't lie and say it's my favorite in town, but I'm picky when it comes to my favorite pizza. I think if you haven't tried Cottage pizza, you should give it a try, I have friends that love it. I just happen to have different preferences.

Hats off to the owner and staff...they were very professional, and went the extra mile to try and keep a customer happy....good job!!

• Visited October 2012