“Not impressed”

Comfort Inn Auburn-Worcester
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Auburn
“Not impressed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Not at all impressed with the poor unfriendly service and uncomfortable beds and bugs crawling around lobby area. I certainly have no intension of returning! As other reviewers have mentioned there is indeed a strong air freshener smell that abounds the hotel and is disturbing! You can certainly do better trust me ! Rude and uncomfortable

Stayed October 2013
1 Thank jvmburlington

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

We would definitely recommend the Comfort Inn, Auburn, Massachusetts. Great price, nice clean rooms, and good service. Thanks Jess for your courteous and professional help, you eased our stress in getting to Boston!

Mark Michaels and Jewell Michaels
Dayton, ohio

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very good and attentive staff, clean, and beautifully furnished lobby. Breakfast well done. located very close to interstate highways and very good restaurants near- by. I will stay here next year when I attend the same event as this year.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Kingston, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

I found the staff pleasant and the best part of my stay.

The room itself was ok, nothing special.
First thing I noticed was an excess of air freshener. Not altogether terrible just
very noticeable. There were also a number of cigarette burns in the comfortor.
Doesn't leave the best impression.

What left a bad taste in my mouth was the $1 charge for the safe.
I wasn't even aware we had a safe. We certainly didn't use it even if it did exist.
Why nickel and dime your customer? If a business wants to make a few extra bucks then charge it up-front.

That being said, our stay was fine and would be suitable for all but the fussiest of travelers.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SteveB15
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed here for one night recently. When we checked in, it was a bit crazy because there was only one employee working behind the desk and he was doing several things at once. He even forgot to have me sign the necessary paperwork. Our room was on the first floor and I regret not specifying that I wanted to a quiet room when making the reservation. Our room happened to be next to one of the exit doors. I could hear people coming in and out of it all night. Also, as some other people have mentioned, the walls are paper thin. I could hear people talking and even heard one person getting sick. I hope he/she was ok. When I went to use the bathroom sink and turned on the hot water, it sounded like a street drill. Apparently there was something wrong with the pipes. The next morning we woke up early to take advantage of the free “hot” continental breakfast. The breakfast only consisted of yogurt, cereal, toast, pastries and waffles. There was a sign in the breakfast area that notified guests that no scrambled eggs or meat was available. I guess someone underestimated the amount of food that needed to be ordered. I’ve stayed in many Comfort Inns and this is by far one of the worst ones I’ve stayed at.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank mrmouse32
London, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

We were in transit when we found this hotel with the help of our GPS. There are no restaurants within walking distance of this hotel so we could not have our before dinner drinks in our room since we had to drive. Room was nice and breakfast offered with the price of the room. An OK place to stay. Could detect cigarette smoke in the bathroom... supposed to be non smoking. Front entrance untidy with cigarette butts etc.

Room Tip: Unable to suggest how to get a good room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

We have a non smoking room but it smells like there is a cigarette smokeathon in the building or something. It just reeks of smoke and air freshener. I'd ask to switch rooms or something but the hotel is full. Admittedly I live in Wisconsin where smoking is allowed pretty much nowhere. Otherwise, the room is ok - bathroom is pretty clean. Carpet is...well, I am keeping my shoes on. Bed spread is pretty cheap. I would have definitely paid more for a better room somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Holiday Inn Express Auburn
Hampton Inn Auburn
Hampton Inn Auburn
#2 of 5 in Auburn
La Quinta Inn Auburn Worcester
Fairfield Inn & Suites Worcester Auburn
Quality Inn & Suites Worcester
Suburban Extended Stay Hotel

Been to Comfort Inn Auburn-Worcester? Share your experiences!