“Ridiculously overpriced”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Auburn
New England
“Ridiculously overpriced”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

These rates are outrageous for what you get. At least I see they have a new treadmill in the "fitness center" (which consisted of exactly one 20 year old stationary bike and 4, 3-5lb free weights during our stay). There really isn't anything this place does have which is above average, and it is lacking amenities which are standard in most hotels. It is as clean as the average Choice Hotel, but that alone doesn't justify these rates.

Also, I'm not usually one to complain about noise, but when other reviewers mention being close to the highway... believe it! In addition to being RIGHT next to the road, these walls must be under-insulated or something, because of the hundreds of places I've stayed in I have never experienced highway noise like we had here. I would be hard-pressed to find a reason to return.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Schenectady, New York
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Staff was awesome, rooms very nice, felt at home. kudos for this hotel and it's staff.

Room Tip: Stay here don't settle for less, I made a mistake was on business and had booked a stay at quali...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Erie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 25, 2012

After a late start from Western, PA we ran into rain and construction on I-90. By 11:30. PM we had to stop and find a hotel. Since we would be leaving early in the morning, I did not want to pay $150 plus for the night. Our second stop was the Comfort Inn. Great place: roms were clean, spacious and the beds were comfortable. The frig and microwave were useful and unexpected. breakfast was the usual hotel buffett, but it was good. Staff was friendly. I would recommend this to any one traveling I 90 - it was convenient to the interstate.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Mystic, Connecticut
Reviewed May 2, 2012

Older hotel but clean and maintained. Staff is very helpful and friendly. Convenient location. Could use some updating but will stay there again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Cape Cod
Reviewed April 2, 2012

We stay at this hotel whenever we are attending an event at nearby Holy Cross College. Apparently they keep up to date records and always place us in the area of the hotel that we
find most convenient. The breakfast is fresh and very adequate. We have always found all the employees very pleasant, helpful and very honest. I had left a piece of jewelry in our room and
had not missed it when I received a call at home, that an employee had turned it in to the office.

Room Tip: We prefer the first floor corridor.t
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Anderson, South Carolina
Reviewed March 30, 2012 via mobile

This is an older property but has been well maintained. I've stayed here 3 times and my rooms have always been clean, beds comfortable, etc... The staff has always been friendly and helpful. Prices are fairly average for the area. Ask to stay on the upper floors, though. I found my night on the ground floor to be a bit noisy. There is a mall across the street if you like to shop but you'll have to drive into Worcester for a decent restaurant. As my review title said, this is a good choice for the area.

Stayed March 2012
1 Thank steverinsc
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I would not hesitate to stay here again. The staff were friendly and accommodating (e.g. there was no fuss about requesting a late checkout), and the room was pleasant, well-equipped, and clean. My room faced the back of the hotel, and I could not hear any noise at night, so I slept very well.

I was given an "executive" room - there was a microwave and refrigerator, and the usual coffee/tea-making equipment. I used the free wireless internet (the signal strength was good enough to hold a Skype video/audio call).

The free buffet breakfast included some hot items (different each day: eggs and bacon, or eggs and sausage; fresh hot waffles, which you cook yourself in a waffle maker), and there were several different types of cereal, pastries/bread/bagels, juices, yoghurts, and coffee.

There's a Starbucks next door (walking distance - only a few steps).

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Can_Scotland
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Holiday Inn Express Auburn
Hampton Inn Auburn
Hampton Inn Auburn
#1 of 5 in Auburn
La Quinta Inn Auburn Worcester
Fairfield Inn & Suites Worcester Auburn
Quality Inn & Suites Worcester
Suburban Extended Stay Hotel

Been to Comfort Inn Auburn-Worcester? Share your experiences!