La Quinta Inn Auburn Worcester
$125
Courtyard
$132
Hampton.com
All reviewspet friendly hoteltraveling with petshard boiled eggsroom was cleanwafflesnothing fancyconvenient locationfront desk personcoffee makerfree breakfast iswould stay here againplenty of parkingeasy accessmass pikeholy crossdogsworcester
Reviewed September 26, 2011

I've stayed here several times just for a night or two. It's your basic mid-range chain hotel that could use a bit of updating and maintenance but is, overall, clean and a good value. Room was typical but with new flat screen tv which was nice. Linens, bathroom clean. Housekeepers were nice, desk staff okay. Could at least pretend to welcome you and care about your stay more, but not awful. Location good-driving distance of several restaurants and walking distance to a mall.
One item is the smell. Don't know if it's cleaner or the carpet or what. Not necessarily a bad odor, but it hits you when you walk in. Could use some fresh air or a new air freshener.
Not luxe accomadations, but good basic place at a good price.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 26, 2011

I was very happy with our room overall, and would recommend this hotel to anyone. The room was large, clean, and had a brand new flat screen tv. Unfortunately, the tv did not work. We arrived late, so there was no one there to call on to help with it, and the hotel was full, so we could not be moved. More than a little disappointed, we took our subs out to the lobby and ate in front of the tv out there. The next morning we were offered a partial refund to compensate for the problem - despite the fact that when I pressed the "on" button in the morning the tv sprang to life! I appreciate a place that lives by the motto, the customer is always right.
P.S. There were NO bed bugs! (and I always check).

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 23, 2011

I usually stay in Auburn when I'm attending a concert in Worcester because it's much cheaper and not that far (highway ride) home. This hotel is all you need. Very comfy bed, clean, tall shower. The hotels right by the venue were twice as expensive but travelling 6 miles is definitely worth it. I think it used to be a different hotel (Holiday Inn Express?) but it's definitely the hotel I usually stay at and the beds were just as comfy as I remembered. They built a mall across the street if you need to shop. They had a free breakfast (bagels, muffins, waffels).

Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 13, 2011

This place was a nightmare, their service, lack of cleanliness and bugs! The front desk was rude and very unfriendly. My family has been staying at this hotel for 2 years while they were working on their house in Oxford. My fiance and I stayed at this hotel for a month and our parents stayed there for a month before that. We are Platinum Plus Clients of theirs and expected to be treated better. When we are paying them $1800 a month to stay there I would think they would be a little bit kinder to those who spend money. We didn't even ask them to clean our room everyday, instead we had them clean it twice a week. The room was ok, but smelled like mildew and it was very humid in the rooms. The carpet was gross but the wi-fi was probably the best feature.

It all started off with our reservations. We reserved a room with a fridge and microwave in it about 5 days before we were supposed to stay and when we got there, there was no appliances. We had to wait a week for them to supply us with what we had originally reserved. If they didn't have it to reserve they should have told us from the get go.

Then, after 3 weeks of staying there the manager, Tammy, gave us a really hard time about our bill. We had been out apartment hunting and said we would have our corporate office call to pay our bill. When we got to the hotel they had locked our door AND our puppy inside. I was extremely upset and told them they better unlock the door so I can get my dog out and they threatened to call the police saying I was cursing at her when it was her cursing at me telling me I need to "shut up because I'm disturbing other patrons!" I couldn't believe it! I told her fine call the cops and I will tell them its animal abuse locking a dog up until payment! I couldn't believe they were giving us such attitude! We are the ones paying you, you are not supposed to give US attitude. If we are a disgruntled customer then you should see to it that we remain happy, instead of treating us like we are garbage. Giving me and my family attitudes! Very unprofessional! We have been spending so much money there and this is how you treat your patrons? Your good paying patrons at that!

Then to top it all off my fiance got bit by something on his leg just below his knee one night. He ended up in the hospital with a severe infection. It was an abcess caused from a bug bite while staying at La Quinta. I woke up everynight itching like crazy and I don't know from what but I had the worst time trying to get back to sleep feeling like my skin was crawling! It was so gross!!! That was the last straw! We called corporate and they were even rude. I will not be staying with La Quinta ever again! They just lost a big business client.

Room Tip: Don't stay here! Bugs, bad service, and bad attitudes.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank alicia d
Reviewed September 12, 2011

My husband and I have stayed here on two different occasions and have been very satisfied. We do the Brimfield Antiques Show in May and September and found the location quite accessible as well as accomodating for our pets.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business