“Much better than expected!”

La Quinta Inn Auburn Worcester
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Auburn
Verona, NJ
“Much better than expected!”
Reviewed September 5, 2011

I don't normally stay at La Quinta hotels because of a bad experience I had many years ago, but my stay was pre-planned by my business and I was pleasantly surprised to find a clean, modern room with everything in working condition and a super comfortable bed, as well as free wireless internet. The room smelled a little musty and the windows couldn't be opened but once I put the air conditioner on, it got better. Also, check-out time was at noon, and at 10:30am, the housekeeper knocked on the door to see how things were going. If you're a late sleeper like I am, you might find this a little annoying. Overall though, I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a safe, clean, comfortable stay in a good location.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Clayton, North Carolina
Reviewed July 22, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights while on a baseball group tour. The hotel is clean, comfortable, and they serve a nice breakfast each morning. There is a shopping center close by. This was our first stay at a La Quinta hotel- I recommend this property very highly.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2011

Most dog friendly hotels have their downside, but not this one. It was the best in every way. The breakfast could be skipped if you need more than raisin bran ;)

• Stayed July 2011
Antioch, California
Reviewed July 20, 2011

The service I experienced was mixed:

1. Staff was nice upon arrival
2. Whenever I called downstairs the phone was answered less than 50% of the time (and I let it ring more than 6 times)
3. Bath tub drained poorly and eventually clogged on second night
4. Maintenance did come and fix immediately next morning
5. Carpet in hallways are not vacuumed regularly
6. Hotel allows pets (you can't allow pets and not vacuum public areas regularly)
7. Bath tub was not properly cleaned from last guest stay
8. Bed was very comfortable
9. A/C worked great
10. TV was 37" LCD, had great picture and all HD channels (lots of channels too)
11. Internet was wireless and very slow (500-750 kbps) and only good for basic browsing, emailing. I could not watch HBOgo.com
12. Curtains do not properly block out light, but may suffice for most people
13. Room had no alarm clock (that was really odd)
14. Only 2 body, hand and face towels (most hotels do 3, but maybe it is just me)

The location is decent, right off highway (traffic noise, although windows are doubled for sound insulation), down the street from a small mall, has a coffee shop very close, and has a few restaurants and stores within 1/4 - 1/2 mile; all trips (except coffee shop and mall) will require a car.

There are no amenities to the hotel; I did not notice a workout room, there is no pool and business center consists of a desk in the middle of the lobby with that horrible wi-fi service that I couldn't seem to get to work when I tried accessing the internet.

Room Tip: Consider top floors and rear rooms are probably quieter than those facing street/highway
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Auburn hotels

Saint John, Canada
Reviewed June 17, 2011

This is our second visit to this property and we'll definitely be back. Rates are very reasonable. Continental breakfast is fabulous. Best feature is that it is PET FRIENDLY. Rooms are decent and location is great

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Connecticut
Reviewed January 20, 2011

I really don't know what people are complaining about. This hotel is bar far the most reasonable hotel in the area. It's not a 5 star hotel but it's not meant to be. I was looking for a hotel that took pets and this was the only one. I was here for a one night stay while my daughter was at a college overnight and it was just right. Based on comments I was expecting the room to be in really bad shape but it was fine. Beds comfortable, TV had a timer, bathroom was clean. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Martha5555
Raymond, Maine
Reviewed October 27, 2010

I chose this hotel based on price and the fact that pets were accepted as I was traveling with my two cats. Maybe the room I got was a designated pet room but the carpet was extremely stained and stretched out to the point that there were big wrinkles in it. Unfortunately, I had to get on my hands and knees to get my cats out from under the bed and was amazed by how really dirty the carpet was. It really looked like it hadn't been vacuumed in a long time. Since I live with two cats I understand that they may cause some extra cleaning. Seems the hotel didn't realize that. It was quiet and I was there to sleep as I was on a long road trip. The location was close to the Mass Pike and that was a good location for me. I think the facility needs some attention and rooms need to be cleaned.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Comfort Inn Auburn-Worcester
Holiday Inn Express Auburn
Quality Inn & Suites Worcester
Hampton Inn Auburn
Hampton Inn Auburn
#1 of 5 in Auburn
Fairfield Inn & Suites Worcester Auburn
Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown

Been to La Quinta Inn Auburn Worcester? Share your experiences!