“Split personality!!!”

Chuck's Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Chuck's Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 50 Restaurants in Auburn
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Rt 20
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Chuck's has a split personality, in so many ways.... Firstly, there are two restaurants meld into one. You can order from the Steakhouse menu or Margarita Grill menu.. If your looking for that Steakhouse experience it gets lost. When your at Chuck's your experience is also greatly affected by where you sit. I found the side rooms cozy and pleasant. The back room is outdated and warn looking. The service was on point, friendly and attentive. My steak was well cooked and I thought the appetizers were fine, however given the environment I found them both to be over priced. The best place to be at Chuck's is their large bar, which I visited on another occasion. Order your food and get good drinks all served by the friendly bar staff. I will be a return bar customer, you will find me at another Steakhouse until they decide who they want to be....

1  Thank Doctordan49

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I ate here while traveling for business. The first night we arrived about 1/2 hour before the kitchen was closing. We asked the waitress what was available...she said everything. Most of us decided to play it safe and ordered baby chimis from the appetizer menu. The waitress returned and told us they were not available. Two of us asked for water and she brought the other person their water but not me. I had to ask again, then she didn't return for 15 minutes with it. Mind you, the place was empty! She didn't come back to check on us. We decided to give this place a shot the next night, because 99 was packed. Glad we did, this time the experience was much better! We arrived about 7pm, had our choice of the menu and the waitress was attentive. Everyone enjoyed the soup and salad bar & bread along with their meal. Very interesting decor and atmosphere inside, which you wouldn't guess from the brown, windowless exterior!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Chuck's has been a favorite of my family's for years! However I got to bring my husband there for the first time last week. We weren't disappointed. Our server was friendly, the food and drinks were delicious and the atmosphere was very cool. Chucks is a superior alternative to all those chain steakhouses. My husband and I have now decided that will be our new go to spot. Whether you are looking to have an intimate dinner for two or a gathering of friends , Chuck's is perfect.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

My husband and I had the pleasure of dining at Chuck's Steak House this weekend and, once again, we had a great dining experience. Salad bar was plentiful and very fresh with a vast number of choices. Both of the soups - French onion and beef with rice were sampled and out of this world. Our entrees, one beef and one fish were served piping hot and superb. Our waitress, Chris, who has been our server before was excellent and made our dining experience very pleasurable. Chuck's still gets the highest marks for atmosphere, service and food after all these years! We'll be back very soon!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Never used Yelp before, but my experience was so horrid I felt the need to share with others. We went here last night (1-19-13) for my dads B-day, for some odd reason. The last time I went here was over 10 years ago and I remember I had an OK time. First off I was blown away at how pathetic their "Mexican" menu was if that's what you want to call it, it was a handful of choices, fajitas, enchiladas, tacos and quesadillas that's all. If you want Mexican find yourself a nice local mom and pop restaurant or even Plaza Azteca in Worcester.

Figured I would play it safe with a plain Cheeseburger refused to be nickeled and dimed to death for toppings done medium-well like I do at every restaurant, parents got the steak tips and bf got the ribs and salad bar. He was disgusted by how messy the salad bar was and thought the soup was watered down. The main meal comes and my burger was grossly undercooked, I bit into it and had blood red meat. The outer ends of the burger shouldn't be that red, the center should be light pink but this was more rare. Bf had to look for the waitress before I sent the food back reluctantly, watched everyone else eat but me, I mean really how do you mess up a simple cheeseburger? Food comes back cooked the right way, imagine that getting what I ordered only 10 minutes later. At that point my dinner was ruined didn't really care about the burger. Parents said the tips were so-so, and the bf said the ribs were tough, he had to cut them ect. , not fall of the bone ribs one would think from a steak house. He said Texas Roadhouse and even Chili's has better ribs with more flavor, strange to think a National Chain you would think would be mediocre compared to a local place that's been there since the 70's. Go here at your own risk. Cant imagine how anyone would think this place is good.

1  Thank Slotoshix