“Perfect for a pitstop”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Moncton, Canada
“Perfect for a pitstop”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Spent a night here and plan on stoping here again. We needed a hotel to break up a trip from New Brunswick to Ontario and this was the half point in the trip. We found this hotel to be in a great location as it was close to the I-90 and other highways. We were pleasantly surprised to have a Dunkin donuts, Friendlys, Applebees all within walking distance, after a long day of travels it was nice to be able to get out of the car and not have to get back in to find a place to eat. The hotel reminded me of a Springhill Suite because of its decor. The bed was super comfortable ! the only complaint I would have is that the pillows are very thin and the sheets & towels are getting a little worn --not huge issues and things that could be easily corrected. Their breakfast selection was very good and well stocked. I would recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Rhonda N

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
East Meadow, New York
Reviewed September 11, 2012

There is some substance used at this hotel which caused a major allergic reaction, not only for me, but also for other guests who I spoke to at breakfast and in the elevator. By morning my eyes were swollen shut and tearing uncontrollably....a reaction that I have rarely had so severely in my life, other than around cats. I reported it to the front desk and although they were sorry, I feel it only fair to warn those who are allergy sensitive that the offending substance has not yet been identified. Otherwise the rooms were lovely, the breakfast fine, and the location good. I have stayed at many other Fairfield Inns all over the country and never had such a reaction....and it was not only me.

Room Tip: Be aware of potential allergen problem if you are sensitive. if you are not, the hotel is very good...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank larktrav
Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

Very nice lobby and room. The room was clean but the air conditioner made a humming noise. The whirlpool was very good and the breakfast was fine. Overall a very good stay and not far from Worcester. It is also near a movie theater and mall complex. It looked much better than the Hampton Inn down the road.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 15, 2012

So here is the Truth;
Well we decided at the last minute Friday at 8pm to drive to New Hampshire after driving 2 hrs we decided to stay overnight somewhere.
My wifes best friend works for Marriotts so we get the family and friends discount which is fantastic, so I started calling around and we decided to stay here.
It was a great price, a beautiful looking hotel when we arived our room was right next to the pool, the room itself was imaculate, the staff were very friendly & polite.
Well after the best nights sleep I have had in a very long time we headed to the pool and hot tub, the Pool and Tub very clean and after 30 minutes we got dried off and headed for breakfast.
We didn't expect much and to our suprise the breakfast was fantastic.
Full from breakfast we headed back to our room, packed our bag and continued our travels.
The only bad thing was that when I was calling round for prices the front desk girl had no idea what friends & family was and although I have wrote an extremly nice comment I was really put of with her attitude which was please call back at 7am when the manager is on errr hello I want the room for tonight.
When I called Marriotts main res they hooked me up no problem.

Room Tip: Pool Side by the Pool and breakfast area
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Fall River, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We was looking for a decent hotel to stay at during our trip to worcester for the summer nationals. I kept seeing awful reviews for most places in worcester itself, so we decided to look at surrounding areas. Thank god we did! This place was super clean, very polite staff, we loved our room. We stayed in the whirlpool room, the jacuuzi was in the bathroom (not the bedroom like some places) there was a shutter window from the jacuuzi looking into the bedroom that also had a built in fireplace. There was a dorm fridge, microwave and coffee pot in the room. The location was convienent, we drove right down southbridge st into worcester, not too far from the festivities. Even the indoor pool and hot tub was immaculate. We had a king size bed that was really comfortable. They enforce the non-smoking policy, which even us as smokers appreciate their efforts at mantaining a clean atmosphere, they do have butt out cans in the front and we had no problem stepping outside. It was also very quiet, didn't hear a peep the whole night. This isn't a hotel where you play "name that stain", we both was absolutely pleased and would reccomend this place to anyone.

• Stayed July 2012
Sarasota
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This was a "Marriott" experience, nothing exciting, just a clean room, did not smell, a little small but overall it provided a good nights stay. Convenient location, good breakfast, nice service, what more could you ask for, price was average but since it is Marriott, you are guaranteed a good stay.

Room Tip: Select a higher level room, floors above are noisy as usual. I will learn my lesson some day.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank richannc
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed June 17, 2012

The problems I encounter at this hotel are numerous and they are all due to an absence of management. The first error was no restocking of soap or shampoo, something that I learned subsequently is checked or not. Second was the annoying phone call at 2330 by another guest playing games with the phone. the third was the party that started at 0230 on the day I decided to cut my stay short and fined another hotel. When i contacted the front desk about these they were all met with a lukewarm response and no follow up by management. I contacted Marriot and they said they would get in touch with management. they may have but it was not until I contacted the front desk again that I got a curt and somewhat rude email from the manager who did not realize that we had a second issue and was still replying to the first. All other Marriotts I have stayed in have management involvement from the onset as customers are very important to the continuation of business. Apparently this hotel has so much business that what the guests think does not matter.
On the upside the fitness equipment is in good working order.

Room Tip: find a room in another hotel
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank waiake1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Hampton Inn Auburn
Residence Inn Worcester
Residence Inn Worcester
#4 of 9 in Worcester
La Quinta Inn Auburn Worcester

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Worcester Auburn? Share your experiences!