Holiday Inn Express Auburn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewspancakesyogurtvisiting familynice surprisegreat roomroom was cleangreat breakfastshort drivefree breakfastfridge and microwaveoff the highwaywould stay here againworcester areafront desk staffhot tubvery nice staymass pike
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 1, 2010

We stayed at the Hoilday Inn Express in Auburn on the night of 20 October 2010. The hotel is smart and clean, well furnished and our room was spacious. The en suite looked new and clean and had a good selection of towels and toiletries.

A problem with the hotel's internet connection was quickly resolved by a helpful receptionist who came armed with a replacement cable.

The only drawback with this hotel is that it is situated between two busy roads & those who notice traffic noise may have an uneasy night.

Breakfast comprised a varied continental fayre supplemented by offerings of cheese omlettes, sausage, biscuits and mushroom gravy - all very enjoyable.

Our only grievance relates not to the hotel, but to the call centre where we made the reservation. Initially a machine, incapable of understanding an English accent answered our call, to be followed by a 'robotic' human who seemed far better equipped to talk rather than listen! If you're a senior citizen or AARP member don't expect any discount from this particular lady - she'll tell you that you're getting discount, but it's the price being offered for rooms on the internet!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2010

My 2 main requirements for a hotel room are clean & quiet. If you get these, most other hotel blemishes can be overcome. While this hotel was clean, it was not very quiet. One side of the hotel (unfortunately the one our room was on) overlooks a busy motorway. The noise was very noticeable as the metal framed windows were ill fitting or warped. Basically they did not keep the noise out. While the service and added extras were appreciated, it also has to be noted that this HI Expess charges 20% more that others that we stayed at during a 2 week vacation in New England & Canada. I'd look elsewhere if I needed to say in this area again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank iainbarclaybod
Reviewed October 21, 2010

We stayed one night on a cross-country trip. The desk staff was wonderful...I arrived at night and was a bit lost, so the staff person stayed on the phone with me and "talked" me through the directions. The staff restaurant recommendation was great, and the room was perfect - clean and very comfortable. Breakfast was fresh with lots of variety, and excellent coffee.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2010

The room was clean, well lit, smelled fresh, ample room for travel bags, perfect location to the Mass Pike, and easy-to-get-to Picadilly Pub, right around the corner.

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed October 8, 2010

I travel to New England six times a year to visit my two children. I had never stayed at this hotel before. I always viewed "Holiday Inn" hotels as out dated and run down. Let me tell you, this hotel has changed my perception.

This trip, I flew into a different airport than I usually come into. On the way to Auburn I got hopelessly lost. The GPS (a Garmin) in my rental left much to be desired. After a four hour flight and almost an hour of trying to find my way around Providence, RI, I was coming unhinged. I finally broke down and called the hotel to ask for directions (this goes against everything I stand for, but it was starting to get dark and I was tired). The man that answered the phone admitted that he was not too familiar with Providence, RI but suggested that he could use his computer to find directions for me on MapQuest. He agreed to stay on the phone with me until I got back to a major expressway. I truly appreciate it when someone takes the extra time to be honestly helpful.

I drove by the hotel three times before I noticed the drive way. When I finally arrived at the hotel, I told the gentleman at the front desk that I was glad to be there because I had been lost in Rhode Island for a long time. He immediately welcomed me by name. He remembered my name from the phone conversation about two hours earlier. This may not seem significant, but it really makes me feel welcome and appreciated when someone I have never met and only spoken to one time remembers my name. Checking in was fast and the hotel was beautiful.

From the outside, the hotel looks a little generic. Inside, however, the hotel is VERY clean and updated. The room was far above what I was expecting from a Holiday Inn. I had stayed at a Holiday Inn once in the early 90s and I was expecting the worst. The desk clerk said that all of the Holiday Inns are being "refreshed" to look and feel like this one. That is a great idea. They have a hot tub, but I forgot my swim suit.

The only complaint I have is the noise from the highway. I was on the highway side of the hotel. I was hoping that my new found friend at the front desk would be able to move me, but he said that they were sold out so there was no other room to move me to. In the future I will book this hotel when I come up, but I will ask for a room away from the highway when I book.

Pros:
Friendly, Excellent Staff
Clean, New-looking Hotel
Breakfast Is Great

Cons:
Highway Noise (request other side when booking)
Easy To Miss (look for sign that says SPAS)
No Pool