The hotel was great . The room were clean and comfortable. The breakfast was adequate. However, there is a problem with their telephone system and some people on their staff.
I attempted to use the telephone in the room to schedule a wake-up call. Their telephone had a wake-up call button and also a message waiting button. When I attempted to use the wake-up button which I thought was an automated system, I got message waiting. I called the front desk and made them aware that this function was not working and I needed a 7:00 A.M. wake-up call. The front desk attendant said that he would take care of the call and in fact told me I was all set.
For some reason I looked at my watch at 7:15 in the morning and discovered no wake-up call. This created a little bit of a problem since my wife and I had to leave early to attend a function and we didn't want to be late. When I mentioned this to the staff at the front desk they indicated to me after they apologized that the button on the phone doesn't work, they don't have that feature. There is in fact no wake-up call capacity. The question is-Why an up to date hotel like the Holiday Inn Express does not have this feature, but has it on its phone and it doesn't work.
Why did the person at the front desk tell me I was all set? In fact the phone in the room should not have a button that indicates wake-up call. I can't be the first person to discover this misinformation. My advice--it's a great place to stay, but bring your own alarm clock.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Auburn!The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Auburn is conveniently located in the heart of central Massachusetts and is easily accessible from I-290, I-395 and I-90 (Massachusetts Turnpike).The Auburn hotel is only minutes away from downtown Worcester, which is home to the DCU Center, as well as the Hanover Performing Arts Center. We are also a short distance from the Thompson International Speedway and the Brimfield Antique Fairgrounds. The Auburn hotel is accessible to many colleges in the area that include Clark University, Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI), College of the Holy Cross, Assumption College and Becker College. Old Sturbridge Village, an outdoor living history museum depicting life in the 1830s, is just a short distance from our Auburn hotel. Stay connected with our equipped business center complete with PC and printer. Maintain your exercise regimen in our fitness center or easily turn business into pleasure with our oversize hot tub. The retail pantry offers last minute convenience items, snacks, and beverages. Receive complimentary Deluxe Express Start Continental breakfast daily and at the end of your hard day unwind in our comfortable Simply Smart bedding. Come experience the great value and exceptional service in Auburn and Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Auburn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Auburn Hotel Auburn
- Holiday Inn Auburn
- Auburn Holiday Inn Express