WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Auburn
Halifax, N.S.
“Great Hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

We stayed here for one night as a stopover on a trip from Atlantic Canada to Washington. We were greeted and checked in efficiently and courteously. We were originally given a ground floor room, and when I asked if we could have a room above the ground floor, Jared was able to move us to a room on the second floor quickly and easily, even though the hotel was quite full. The room was a standard size 2 queens, with fridge and microwave. Breakfast was standard HI Express fare, but was well attended to by staff. Lots of room in the breakfast area. Room and hotel were very clean, and quiet. Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kathy K, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Auburn, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you very much!!! I am so happy that we were able to accommodate you! Our guests satisfaction is our number one need, and it sounds like that's what you experienced! We would love to have you again if you are traveling through, so please give us a ring and let us know when you're in the area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

We stayed two nights at this fantastic hotel in July. We extended our stay with one night because we couldn't think of a better choice closer to Boston. We took a flight to Sweden out of Boston after a long vacation in the US. The personnel were helpful and service minded. The breakfast was great. They had an automated panncake machine (the fist one I've ever seen). The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. We had a great stay and we would stay there again! A great price considering how close to Boston it is situated. You won't be disappointed!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Kathy K, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Auburn, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Fabulous!!! So glad you had a wonderful time here! We love making your stay above great, just as much as you loved staying here! Isn't the pancake machine a hit? It is so cool, and I love the pancakes it makes! Put that with some butter and maple syrup...mmm good! Please come back and visit us anytime and introduce yourself! Maybe we can sit down and have pancakes together!
Washington DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

I spent two nights last week at this hotel. when I checked in I was asked if I would like a fresh cookie and that was the beginning of my wonderful experience. In fact every day we had fresh cookies. I travel a lot and am Priority Platinum and two things I expect in a hotel are good Wi-Fi and good pillows. I was not disappointed! Wi-Fi worked all the time and the pillows were good. The staff was very professional and kind. Helped me find antique shops to visit after I finished my work and made a great suggestion on where to find a really good lobster roll. Hope I get to return to Auburn and to this hotel in the future on vacation on shop for antiques. Even though this hotel was sold out one of the nights that I was there, breakfast was still very good, never ran out of anything.

Room Tip: I had a room in the middle of the hall on the 3 floor, no problem with noise. Of course the fact th...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you!!! We really appreciate the time you took to brag on us! :) But more importantly, the fact that you had such a great stay and the things that were important to you were satisfied is our main goal and concern! I am glad the staff was able to direct you to some great antique places. If you went to nearby Putnam, I hope you were able to have a coffee and great piece of Danish or cookie or a super great lunch fare at 85 Main. We hope to see you again!
Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

Pros:
This hotel is clean
Friendly staff
Comfortable room
Good breakfast with good variety
Convenient location off I-290

Cons:
Shower water temp fluctuated wildly-beware if children, elderly or disabled are using
Dark parking lot
In breakfast area, staff needs to clean all surfaces in contact with food and utensils; for example, the containers that hold coffee stirrers and utensils are dirty on the inside, bottom. It is very unsanitary looking.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Kathy K, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Auburn, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for your review! It sounds like we were a great fit for you in every way, and we really appreciate you sharing such! On the other hand, I have addressed the cons with our department managers in order to fix these areas right away, and to ensure that it doesn't happen again. I am sorry about that! If you are traveling through again, we would love to have you stay at our hotel another time!
Mt Holly
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

We have stayed here on many occasions and it is always the same, clean, comfortable and friendly. Complimentary morning breakfast buffet is bountiful, and good. Location is excellent, near several major highways, easy to find, and just a short drive away from Boston.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Wow, that was so kind of you to take the time to brag on us! Thank you so very much! I am glad that you have been able to come back again and again and find the same consistency as when you were here last. Most of our staff has been with us for a very long time, and they love what they do - getting everything perfectly ready for the arrival of our very important guests! We hope to see you soon again, and next time, introduce yourself! I would love to meet you!
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

Just an averege Holiday Inn Express. Clean,Convenient,Funny location.Breakfast was nice. We had three mornings there and the hot dish was different each morning. A little pricey for the location. Maybe we missed something

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the Interstate
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your review! I am glad your stay was good and that you were able to taste of the different variety in our breakfast bar. With our location being on top of a slight hill, it sounds like you were able to find us okay! I'm sorry you found our prices high. We are positioned in the same range as neighboring hotels in this area that have like standards of quality and excellence for our guests, such as yourself. I hope the rest of your trip was great and if you are ever in the area again, please come back again! I would love to meet you!
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

We arrived at the hotel sometime around 9 pm after driving from Boston (about an hour or so). Our airline had managed to lose our luggage so we had nothing other than what we were wearing. When we checked in, the girls behind the counter (Rhonda & Victoria) gave us a bag filled with tooth brushes/paste, shavers/cream, makeup remover, combs etc. etc. Thank you guys for helping making us feel a little better!

Our room was a king suite and while it was not the most beautiful room, it was clean and for the price it worked. The decor is fairly basic but functional. They could use a designer when they renovate next time!! Apparently they did renovate in 2011 and while the furniture/decor still looked OK and was intact, the colors & textures were very boring and some even clashed. There is a little microwave, 2 shelf refrigerator, desk, sofa (that could be made into a twin or double bed), large screen TV, dresser, etc. The bathroom was a bit small with a single sink, but the shower/tub combo did have the rod that curves outward so you feel like you have a bit more room in the shower.

The air conditioner worked well and kept the room very cool. In the morning, you get a hot/cold continental breakfast included in the rate. One morning they had scrambled eggs/bacon, one morning little omlets with sausage. Every morning they had yogurt, cereal, juices, pancakes, toast, coffee, tea, etc.

Would stay there when in the area again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kathy K, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Auburn, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Thank you for your review! I am sorry about your luggage and glad that the Vicki and Rhonda were able to supply you with the things that you needed. I hope you were able to get your luggage in a quick manner! Our breakfast is very large and our guests love the hot and cold variety of choices that we have. I hope you were able to have one our hot cinnamon rolls! We will be going through major renovations pretty soon, so I hope you are in the area to see the final product!

Again, thank you for your review and I hope to see you again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Hampton Inn Auburn
Hampton Inn Auburn
#2 of 5 in Auburn
Fairfield Inn & Suites Worcester Auburn
Comfort Inn Auburn-Worcester
La Quinta Inn Auburn Worcester
Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown
Hilton Garden Inn Worcester

Been to Holiday Inn Express Auburn? Share your experiences!