“Always a nice stay”

Holiday Inn Express Auburn
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Auburn
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We have stayed here on many occasions and it is always the same, clean, comfortable and friendly. Complimentary morning breakfast buffet is bountiful, and good. Location is excellent, near several major highways, easy to find, and just a short drive away from Boston.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Kathy K, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Auburn, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Wow, that was so kind of you to take the time to brag on us! Thank you so very much! I am glad that you have been able to come back again and again and find the same consistency as when you were here last. Most of our staff has been with us for a very long time, and they love what they do - getting everything perfectly ready for the arrival of our very important guests! We hope to see you soon again, and next time, introduce yourself! I would love to meet you!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Just an averege Holiday Inn Express. Clean,Convenient,Funny location.Breakfast was nice. We had three mornings there and the hot dish was different each morning. A little pricey for the location. Maybe we missed something

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the Interstate
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your review! I am glad your stay was good and that you were able to taste of the different variety in our breakfast bar. With our location being on top of a slight hill, it sounds like you were able to find us okay! I'm sorry you found our prices high. We are positioned in the same range as neighboring hotels in this area that have like standards of quality and excellence for our guests, such as yourself. I hope the rest of your trip was great and if you are ever in the area again, please come back again! I would love to meet you!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We arrived at the hotel sometime around 9 pm after driving from Boston (about an hour or so). Our airline had managed to lose our luggage so we had nothing other than what we were wearing. When we checked in, the girls behind the counter (Rhonda & Victoria) gave us a bag filled with tooth brushes/paste, shavers/cream, makeup remover, combs etc. etc. Thank you guys for helping making us feel a little better!

Our room was a king suite and while it was not the most beautiful room, it was clean and for the price it worked. The decor is fairly basic but functional. They could use a designer when they renovate next time!! Apparently they did renovate in 2011 and while the furniture/decor still looked OK and was intact, the colors & textures were very boring and some even clashed. There is a little microwave, 2 shelf refrigerator, desk, sofa (that could be made into a twin or double bed), large screen TV, dresser, etc. The bathroom was a bit small with a single sink, but the shower/tub combo did have the rod that curves outward so you feel like you have a bit more room in the shower.

The air conditioner worked well and kept the room very cool. In the morning, you get a hot/cold continental breakfast included in the rate. One morning they had scrambled eggs/bacon, one morning little omlets with sausage. Every morning they had yogurt, cereal, juices, pancakes, toast, coffee, tea, etc.

Would stay there when in the area again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Kathy K, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Auburn, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Thank you for your review! I am sorry about your luggage and glad that the Vicki and Rhonda were able to supply you with the things that you needed. I hope you were able to get your luggage in a quick manner! Our breakfast is very large and our guests love the hot and cold variety of choices that we have. I hope you were able to have one our hot cinnamon rolls! We will be going through major renovations pretty soon, so I hope you are in the area to see the final product!

Again, thank you for your review and I hope to see you again!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

This was my first time at a HIE and I am very pleased especially after an unpleasant vacation at another chain in Maryland. Doug was a delight. The rooms were spacious, beds were comfortable, breakfast was great and room was quiet. It was minutes away from Worcester which is what we needed. It was a challenge to get out onto the main road however and the hot water seemed to pulse hot and warm in the shower but don't know if that is a feature of an 'accessibility' room. My only suggestion would be to have a night light for the bathroom but that by no means is a negative. Will definitely choose HIE again for future trips.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your review! Doug is our front office manager, and people rave about him! His love for our guests and their satisfaction is a great example of how we run our hotel! I will put your suggestion in for night lights in the restrooms! I can totally understand...can't tell you how many times I have hit my big toe in the middle of the night half asleep going into my bathroom at home!

Again, thank you so much for taking your time to compliment us! Please introduce yourself the next time you are in the area, we would love to see you again!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

I called a week before our stay to request a crib be put in our room - but when we checked in, there was no crib. Computer even had notes saying that we requested a crib. Went to the front desk, and Jarrod - the only person working in the entire hotel - said he'd get one ASAP (this was at 8:00 pm). Still no crib at 8:45, so I went down again. The family checking in told Jarrod to help us first, so he literally ran all over the hotel to find one, but he couldn't (Jarrod was great, but the overall experience was not). He called his manager, and finally a crib was delivered ay 10 pm. That's a little late when you have a 9 month old baby. We won't be staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Kathy K, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Auburn, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Wow, all I can say is how sorry I am that this happened. I can totally understand your frustration - you have a nine-month-old baby, and waiting for a crib after traveling all day is not acceptable. I'm sure everyone was exhausted and looking forward to a great night's sleep. Please accept our most sincere apologies. I have immediately consulted all involved to ensure that this won't happen again. This is beyond our standards of excellence and care and if we can make it up to you in any way in the future, please let us know. We would love to have you visit us again.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Night number 42 in HIE or HI this year - and another good experience. Service is very helpful, the hotel and rooms are clean, good size, and a good value for the price. Access to the turnpike and major roads is easy and you can get to Worcester easily (just avoid morning rush hour) and have a pleasant stay away from the city.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Kathy K, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Auburn, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Thank you so much for your review! We are delighted you had a great stay! Our staff works very hard to make you, our valued guest, as comfortable as can be! And, yes, traffic can get a little congested in the morning on the way to Worcester...thank goodness it's only 6 miles away! We treasure the fact that we are so close and accessible to the City while being comfortably tucked away from it! We hope you see you again if you are passing through the area! Again, thank you for your review. P.S. Love the picture of your dog! Give her/him a big kiss from all of us here!

Reviewed May 25, 2013

This is a very nice hotel that is very clean and well maintained with a good staff, large comfortable rooms, a better than average breakfast and good access to the Mass Turnpike and I-290. In fact, everything was great with this hotel with one caveat; the close proximity to the turnpike results in significant road noise on the side of the hotel facing the turnpike. While this did not bother some of the others I was traveling with, I am a light sleeper and had some difficulty the first night in a room facing the turnpike. For the second night, I moved to a room on the other side. While some road noise was still noticeable, it presented no issues for me. So if you are a light sleeper or road noise bothers you, avoid even numbered rooms from 00 through 18 and 28.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Steve1362
Kathy K, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Auburn, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your stay! It sounds as if everything was great except the noise. I am so happy that you notified us and we were able to move you to another room. Having a good nights sleep is an essential part of your visit with us and we want you to sleep well! We hope you will be able to visit us again and we would be more than happy to accommodate you when you make your reservation to ensure that you have a peaceful sleep! And, if you are in the area, please introduce yourself!

Kathy Kirk
Director of Sales

Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Hampton Inn Auburn
Hampton Inn Auburn
#1 of 5 in Auburn
Fairfield Inn & Suites Worcester Auburn
Comfort Inn Auburn-Worcester
La Quinta Inn Auburn Worcester
Hampton Inn & Suites Worcester
Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown

Been to Holiday Inn Express Auburn? Share your experiences!