“Nice spot for the traveler”

Holiday Inn Express Auburn
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Auburn
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Convenient, Clean, and Courteous staff. Easy access to the Highway and local amenities-

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Kathy K, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Auburn, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2012

Thank you for your response! We love it when our customers write about our hotel so that others can make a good decision on where they stay! It sounds like we met all the expectations necessary for a warm and comfy stay while you're away from home! Please come visit us again and give me a ring so I can meet you in person!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Auburn

Reviewed June 11, 2012

Recently stayed for two nights at the Holiday Inn and was very pleased. The hotel is by itself up on a big hill just off the I290 south of Worcester, in Auburn, MA. It takes about 10 minutes to get right into downtown Worcester and the drive is simple. Around the hotel there are lots of stores, a big mall, restaurants and a few other hotels.
THe hotel was quite new and even the smoking rooms weren't horrible and smelly. The room had two large Queen beds, a desk, flat screen TV, and a good size bathroom, as well as a small fridge and microwave. The stay was very comfortable, and the staff friendly and helpful. Included in the rate was a breakfast with a good selection of both hot and cold options, juice, etc.
Overall a very comfortable stay although the prices aren't that great. The property is nice, but for the rates they charge in summer or for special events (concerts, graduations, etc) it is out of line. The value isn't great for a roadside holiday Inn, however as I said, the stay was very comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for your recent response! We are glad to hear that your stay was comfortable. We are a Holiday Inn Express as opposed to a full service Holiday Inn, but we make it our goal to meet all the needs of our travelers in an outstanding way. I am sorry about the price, we stay competetive with the other area hotels, and unfortunately during the summer months or when occupancy is high, as with the airlines and other industries, the prices go up. I always recommend to book travel as early as you can through the summer months, to avoid the higher prices. But I am glad you stayed and next time you come, please give me a call directly, perhaps I can work with you on your stay!

Reviewed June 2, 2012

This hotel is a very good choice if you are going to stay in the Worcester area. Hotel is pretty new and thus doesn't have the "old hotel" smell( business travelers knows what I mean).
Excellent value for the price. Great choices for breakfast including eggs, and oatmeal.

Room Tip: Easy access off I-90
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Kathy K, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Auburn, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind review! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay at our seven-year-old property! We have very high standards of excellence and want to continue to have that fresh stay look and smell! We would love to have you stay again if you are in this area. Try out our great pancakes with our fairly new pancake machine! They are delicious! Again, thank you and please come again and introduce yourself to us when you do !

Reviewed May 28, 2012

Holiday Inn Express, Auburn, MA is the most unethical place to stay. This particular hotel price gouge their guest during College of the Holy Cross graduation week. They increase their normal rates by 25% for that time. Despite the fact that I booked several weeks in advance, they changed my rates because, as the general manager stated, "its too low for that time period." I had no choice but to pay and stay there because all the other hotels were booked for that period. In addition to price gouging they address me by a title that I do not posses nor have given them. On my bill I was referred to as Vice President. This was due to my discussion with the manager, Scott Frankel, about rate charges earlier in the month. In response to my comments on price changing, he decided to be unprofessional and basically obnoxious by changing my salutation from Ms. to Vice President.

Rooms were hot despite the air conditioner which was set at a setting where it couldn't get cooler despite what adjustments you do. We concluded that the unit was preset by management.

They have one washer and one dryer for their guest to share. I was verbally assaulted by another drunk male and his wife who were staying at the hotel. They called me expletives because I had no choice but to purged their laundry from the dryer after they left their laundry there unchecked for over 20 minutes while they smoke and drank outside. The manager at the time got involved only to award these unruly people with free service to their laundry whereas with me he just pointed his finger at and said nothing. The duty manager was too sacred of these people.

It may be worthy to note that I have stayed at this particular Holiday Inn Express for over seven years during my associations with the College of the Holy Cross and never experienced anything negative. When my daughter graduated in 2009, there wasn't any price gouging going on then. Sign, "Disatisfied"

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Christine M
Kathy K, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Auburn, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2012

I am terribly sorry that your experience at our hotel was not at the standard that we hold for every guest that walks through our door. The management has been made aware of your comments and is under discussion. Please know that we strive for excellence in every department of our hotel, and that's why we have been voted the Best of Auburn for three years in a row. We will make every effort to validate your concerns.

Reviewed May 15, 2012

Recently spent five nights here on a business trip and shared a double queen room with a friend. The room & bathroom were spacious enough for two unrelated people to feel comfortable. Beds were comfy. Staff was extra-friendly. The event we were attending started very early in the mornings; many of our fellow travelers were there for the same event. We really appreciated that the hotel staff made sure that coffee & breakfast were available extra early for us to grab on the way out. Will definitely try to stay here again.

The location is very convenient to the highways. There are no restaurants in the immediate vicinity so do plan to stop or pick something up before you are in for the night.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Kathy K, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Auburn, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2012

Thank you so much for your response! We set the bar at excellence in every area of our hotel so you, our guests, can have a great experience, and not just a hotel stay! We are glad you enjoyed our brand new pillow top mattresses and glad you got a good meal before you left for your early morning engagement. Please stay with us again, we would love to have you again! And be sure to ask for our list of nearby restaurants from our front desk, we like to call this restaurant row with all the different varieties of food.

Reviewed May 6, 2012

Stayed here for one night with my husband. Chose this hotel because we were going to a concert at the DCU in Worcester and hotels closer to that venue were booked. Holiday Inns generally have a good reputation and this location did not disappoint, completely. We had booked it online and did not realize (until we arrived), that it is right on the major highway. Marilyn checked us in and she was excellent!!! She treated us very well and we appreciated it. We were in a "king suite" that was as far away as possible from the highway (although we could still see/hear, (but at least not facing it). The room was quite spacious and had a flat screen tv, refrig, microwave, sink, coffee/tea supplies and a good size bathroom. My main complaint (and it's a pretty big one), is there was HAIR in the bathroom!!!! On the toilet, tub and floor. NOT GOOD! We dealt with it as we were only there one night but that is really not acceptable and housekeeping was made aware. Other amenities we used was their over sized hot tub (no pool on site), which was nice and their complementary breakfast which was very good. The staff was very friendly and helpful and it was a nice stay for one night, considering our plans for the concert and the ease of location. Other than the bathroom hair, (which was really gross) and the location of the highway (which is unavoidable), I would recommend this Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: Although it's surrounded by busily traveled roads, ask for a "quiet" room upon checkin
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank carpod
Kathy K, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Auburn, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2012

Thank you so much for your comments. Marilyn gets so many compliments, She absolutely represents the kind of service that we are all about! The issue with the hair in the bathroom is totally unacceptable as you stated and we addressed that situation right away. We are terribly sorry about that, and it is against our high quality standards of excellence. It is our hope that you will consider us again for your stay in the future if you are in the area!

Reviewed April 22, 2012

We enjoyed our stay. Room was quiet, clean, comfortable and well appointed. Staff is professional and courteous. Breakfast had a good selection. First class - this establishment has earned the number one spot for the area. No complaints.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Kathy K, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Auburn, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2012

Thank you so much for your response. We are happy to hear that we met your expectations at our property. Our management team and staff really enjoy being of great service to everyone who comes to stay with us. Please visit us again when you are in the area, we would love to have you back.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Hampton Inn Auburn
Hampton Inn Auburn
#1 of 5 in Auburn
Fairfield Inn & Suites Worcester Auburn
Comfort Inn Auburn-Worcester
La Quinta Inn Auburn Worcester
Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown
Hampton Inn & Suites Worcester

Been to Holiday Inn Express Auburn? Share your experiences!