“Improvements made!”
Review of Hampton Inn Auburn

Hampton Inn Auburn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Auburn
Reviewed October 17, 2011

I wrote a review a few months back about how average the hotel was and how the room smelled like smoke....is was also unhappy with the lack of TV channels ... I returned to this propert two weeks ago and I'm happy to say that they have made vast improvements to the smell and overall appearance of the hotel and they had numerous tv channels ....thanks for listening to our concerns ...

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank OnDaRoad13

Reviewed October 2, 2011

Typical Hampton Inn. Some the same comments for the Hampton in Mystic. Slamming doors, no WiFi and breakfast, gravy and eggs, were cold.

Again, Hampton has the 100% satisfaction guarantee and due to my complaints they credited us a night stay.

Location was a bit out of the way, but it did provide a very nice view of the lake.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank punkinlr
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Very nice hotel. Clean rooms, guest laundry and business center for guests. Great breakfast with several hot items. Will always stay at this location...very quiet even will a full house.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank MarkATL
Reviewed June 27, 2011

We have high expectations of the Hampton Inn chain. Its reliably high standards of comfort and service make the brand stand out among the popular chains of hotels. The Hampton Inn at Auburn easily met our expectations. We would unquestionably stay here again if in the area, or were breaking a journey on the I90, The interstate is across a lake, so little traffic noise. Outback and Applebees within walking distance.

Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pgwill
Reviewed March 21, 2011

I stay on the road often and I try to stay at Hilton properties as much as possible....I read the previous reviews and was a little bit hesitant to book but it was within my company's budget and close to the location I had business with...this might go down as the poorest Hampton I have ever stayed at..the front desk personnel was quite friendly but the room smelled very badly of smoke and it is clearly a non smoking room ...I called the front desk and explained it so I wouldn't be held responsible and they offered to give me another king size room but they did not have any ....there are only about 20 tv channels and even though I am on business it would be nice to relax and have a better choice in tv channels after a long day ....I will never stay at this location again when I travel to the Boston area

• Stayed: March 2011
4  Thank OnDaRoad13
Reviewed November 5, 2010

This was the nicest hotel I've stayed at. The front desk was extremely friendly and, after I got into my room, I received a phone call from the front desk asking if everything was okay. I've NEVER received a courtesy phone call like that before. The room was spotless and the bed was EXTREMELY comfortable. The continental breakfast was very good also. I would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank TALNewYork
Reviewed August 16, 2010

I stayed at this Hampton Inn becuase was visiting a branch office of my company nearby. Since I'm from Montreal and Auburn was only a 6 hour drive, I decided to take my wife and 3 kids along with me to make it a quick getaway.

The first problem that I encountered was when trying to check in - the room was not ready at 2pm. We decided to kill some time and let the kids go swimming at the indoor pool. The hottub was flourescent green and stunk. The pool looked ok, but later one of my kids got an ear infection "swimmers ear", likely from the unbalanced pool there.

The second (major) problem that I had was that when making my reservation I clearly specified t hat I needed late check-out as my business meeting was until 4pm (check out was 11am) and I needed a place for my family to stay while I was at work. I was told (when making the reservation) that late checkout would cost me an extra $70 (half of the full day day rate) for the additional 5 hours in the room - I reluctantly agreed. The problem - is that when I was getting ready to leave in the morning, they informed me that it would be impossible to accomodate my late checkout request as they were in an oversold situation and I had to vacate the room by 11am! Unbelieveable! After negotiating with the manager for over an hour, they finally "did us a big favour" and allowed us the late check-out for $90.

Last stay at that hotel for me.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
6  Thank ob1dob
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Holiday Inn Express Auburn
Fairfield Inn & Suites Worcester Auburn
Comfort Inn Auburn-Worcester
Hampton Inn & Suites Worcester
La Quinta Inn Auburn Worcester
Hilton Garden Inn Worcester

Been to Hampton Inn Auburn? Share your experiences!