“Disappointed”

Hearth 'n Kettle
Cuisines: American
“Disappointed”
Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were looking for a place to have breakfast and decided on H&K. The place is huge,clean but kind of dated. We were seated right away. Our waitress was friendly and prompt. However we were a bit disappointed in the food. My breakfast was ok. It was a bit bland but it was exactly how I ordered it. My husband wasn't as lucky. He ordered simple eggs, home fries, bacon& sausage and toast. His eggs were underdone, home fries and bacon cold. He has a fear of sending his dish back to be corrected and the waitress did ask to do so but we ended up eating what we could and paid the bill. As a cook myself, if one cannot cook something as simple as eggs and home fries correctly and serve it HOT then there's really no hope for the place. We won't be going back.

Attleboro, Massachusetts
“Comfort Food”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We went for a late dinner, and were impressed that the food was fresh and hot and tasted great. The Chicken Pot Pie was delicious, and the perfect comfort food.

• Visited December 2012
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
“Impressive fresh fish and friendly, comfy atmosphere”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

If you are looking for a quieter place on the Rte. 1 shopping strip in North Attlebor to dine then this is the place. I have never had to wait to be seated and their menu boasts all the comfort foods and specialty items to satisfy even the most discerning diner. Their oversized dining area boasts a cozy fire-place or you can eat in the large bar area, which we chose. We had the Double trio special which includes 2 drinks, 2 entrees and 2 deserts all for $29.99. We both had the baked scrod with the most amazing butternut squash I have ever tasted. The desert choices were plentiful and we chose the toll-house ice cream pie, which was not the pre-made kind. Our bartender/server was a beautiful young blonde girl with a splendid personality who tended to our every need. She temped me to try their unique spicy vodka with hot peppers and made me the most extraordinary dirty martini! The patrons at the bar with us were more than friendly and amiable conversations flowed easily amongst all. I would also recommend their breakfast and brunch menus!

• Visited December 2012
“Food is good, but service is lacking”
Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

The food was good; we like the menu it has some interesting items and healthily choices, BUT the waitress was slow and not very friendly and the food took over 1/2 hour to arrive after placing our order, which is way too long.

bognor regis
“not impressed”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

we visited there several weeks ago when we were in the USA visiting and we arrived and waited in the foyer for at least 10 minutes before a waitress acknowledged us. When she did 3 appeared and the one in charge shouted, <that will be a two then>
We were seated promptly after that, menus arrived and our drinks order taken.
The waitress brought our drinks, mine was in a broken glass which was replaced. She then brought us some bread but I did not have a knife so had to wait for that.
I ordered a chicken pot pie which was ok but would not have again, hubby had mac and cheese which was very small and not impressive.
We had dessert which was again ok but not great.
Service and atmosphere was very poor would not visit again

• Visited September 2012