“a gem downtown”

Ranked #12 of 96 Restaurants in Attleboro
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We have had two great meals here with fabulous Sangria. Try the Portuguese Passion Sangria for a light refreshing and delicious beverage with your meal. Particurlaly enjoyed the Paella.

3  Thank nm2nm2

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Having been to Spain, we heard of this and brought back (delicious) memories. So we did a early dinner there.

Couple of things to remember: (1) parking is free across the street so you don't need valet parking (I never risk my car!); make a reservation, and ask for tables in front (it may take more than two to get it) but well worth the effort because the alternative are tales along the side, in back fothe bar; they are dark, and tend to get a lot of traffic as it is closer to the kitchen. There are tables in another room but did not see it open; and (3) don't assume that these tapas are the small snacks of Barcelona, or the medium size of Seville!

Good/Fair wine selection, but mostly Portugal flavor. I was not impressed with the selection of tapas: we had three: Pasteis Carne was a lite dough with "meat" (think pork) inside was was tasty, Camarao Mocambique was shrimp in a tangy (not hot) sauce (think the shoe shrimp including head and shells, while taking off shells in a sauce covering....ugh!), and a vegy dish cogumelos salteados (not bad).

Service was okay, but they did not really explain a whole lot; not that they were busy or something.

I would say...still looking.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Restaurants like Sangria's are usually reserved for the city. This local spot is a refreshing departure from the limited selection of restaurants and pubs in Attleboro area. Easy to find right off of Rt. 123, Sangria's offers both a tapas and dinner menu. The restaurant i smaller with a large bar area towards the front. Additional dining area located in the back. They feature several different types of sangria, available in both red and white. We choose the house red and it was refreshing and light. We ordered off the tapas menu. The mussels, little neck clams, shrimp mocambique, stuffed peppers, pork belly and sausage sampler. All were delicious except the sausage sampler. The texture of the beef sausage was mealy and lacked flavor but the pork and chourico where good. For dessert, they offer several dishes, our table tried the rice pudding which was ok, good sweet flavor but not as creamy as it should have been and over-spiced before service. Others tried the Nutella cheesecake which was suprisingly different but not over powering. Our server offered a complimentary white port to finish the meal which was a nice touch. Averager price per tapa vary but most were around $8 which was very reasonable. Service was very good, the server answered questions and the we were checked in on frequently. Atmosphere is on the dark side. Noise level allows for a pleasurable experience,,,music plays in the background. I recommend the Sangrais if you want to stay local and keep some money in your pocket.

2  Thank Jonathan F
Reviewed April 3, 2013

My friend's brother was trying to direct us to some other restaurant in Attleboro but confused the names - and we're SO glad he did!

They have gluten free options, which is such a fantastic find.

Service was tip top - polite gentleman who seemed very experienced took our order, brought us our food, asked if we needed refills or anything else, swiftly brought us the check, and didn't hover. When we were ready to order I just glanced to see where he was and he was promptly right back at our table. No chit chat and talking up the 8 gazillion specials of the day, although he did mention that the special and the soup of the day succinctly.

Prices were very reasonable especially for the portions - three tapas and two drinks was more than enough for the two of us.

Great atmosphere - good for dates or a classy casual dinner with friends. Low lighting and oil burning candles along with the relatively small size of the dining room made for a relaxing, cozy dinner out. Background music was just that - Background. It was energetic but not *loud* like some places.

We enjoyed the Chouriço sliders, Batatas Fritas, and Vegetais Salteados, which had a nice kick to it. The Sangria Loura was lovely.

I text my husband before we asked for the check to see if he wanted us to pick up anything for him for dinner. He just looked them up online and found the menu on their website, so I was able to order exactly what he wanted before we left.

I'll be back with the hubby!

3  Thank tuffbuff13
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My daughter and I just tried this place, and we thought the food was very good. We both tried the Red Sangria and enjoyed that. The we started with the Kale Soup, and then went on to have the Mac & Cheese, Shrimp with Feta cheese, Empanadas, and Chourico sliders. We finished with the Nutella cheescake and the chocolate mousse. I would definitely come back here again. They gave us a sample of their port wine to end the meal. The server was very nice and efficient.

2  Thank PGMACDONALD