“Nice change of pace”

Dining options: Reservations
Attleboro
“Nice change of pace”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Tucked away in a small plaza between an ice cream shop and a bike shop detracts from the initial impression but it's very nice inside and they offer a very eclectic menu. Nothing "run of the mill" here and the service if wonderful, warm & friendly people who aim to please.

Visited August 2013

Lawrence, Massachusetts
“Customer service could be better!”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Went here on 1/11/14 with my sister before the Pats game. I don't know if it was the we had Pats jersey's on put we had a really poor dinning experience (they ha football on at the bar and the atmosphere was casual) We sat at our table for probably more that 5 minutes before anyone even passed by to ask us for our drink order. What was most upsetting about that was that we saw a group of four walk in and immediately get a waitstaff and order their drinks and appetizers while we had arrived before them.
When we finally ordered we were smart enough to order everything together as we could tell the service was slow. My pork chops were very well seasoned but my rice was lacking a little salt and maybe 5 more minutes of cooking. My sister was disappointed by the chicken parm and "special sauce" which she described as being basic marinara sauce with nothing special about it. No one ever passed by our table to ask how our food was, even though both tables beside us were asked several times.I would probably never go there again based on this experience.I would probably never go to this restaurant again if I was in the area.

• Visited January 2014
Boston
“Suprising Find in Attleboro”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Papagallo is an easily-overlooked gem. In a non-descript, verging on shabby, small strip mall, it prewents an unpromising option and, for several years, my family drove right past it. But when we finally came based on a recommendation, we were pleasantly surprised. It has an interesting, largely Latin, menu at very reasonable prices. There are traditional Latin dishes, burritos etc, some more novel ones including a stuffed starch from Puerto Rico, and a reasonable selection of American burgers and italian food. Service was prompt and friendly, there was ample parking and, at least on the two weekday nights we came, there was no wait.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Stephen O
Boston, Massachusetts
“Liked it, didn't love it”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We were excited to try some new places during Attleboro Restaurant week. We started at Scorpio's for appetizers and went down the street to Pappagallo for our main meal.

Service started out quickly but we had to ask the waiter twice for our water and bread plates. It was pretty bright, and the whole outside length of the room was bench seating. The other seating reminded me of classroom chairs a bit! It was also very loud. Apparently there was another room in the back that was nicer. It wasn't 'date night' ambience.

I did not feel that you needed to be dressed up at all. The people that came in after us had sleeveless camo gear on, like they had come from a hunt.

So food... we didn't partake in the Prix Fixe menu but ordered off the a la carte menu. Hubby had a steak that was a bit fatty. I had chicken piccata (I think) which was good. Both our meals, soup, and three drinks were $70.

All in all, we'll probably go back, but now we know what to expect and will look forward to a casual meal.

Visited October 2013
Mansfield, Massachusetts
“Maybe I shouldn't have been surprised... but I was!”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Attleboro has a developing restaurant scene, but I was nonetheless very pleasantly surprised by Papagallo. We had tortilla soup, salad, pupusas, steak mofungo, and tres leches cake, and there was not a misstep in any of them. The pupusas were especially nice, very rich (I recommend the ones with pork). And how they manage to saturate that cake and keep its shape is a mystery I'll be happy to explore a few more times.

• Visited October 2013