“Hidden Gem!”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Went to Papagallo for the first, but not last time on Saturday night with my husband and two other couples. We made a reservation for 7:30 and when we arrived, the restaurant and parking lot were packed. As other reviews have noted, the outside is just a typical strip mall, but the interior is nice, although very small. They told us our table was not available yet, even with the reservation. We managed to get seats together at the nice, but again, small bar. After a long wait, we were told they could not seat us together! This was disappointing as we had made a reservation. I understand the restaurant is small, but they should not take reservations for a party of 6 if they can't accomodate us. Luckily, Karina, the bartender, really turned our visit around with how warm and welcoming she was. She and her family own the restaurant (we met her mom and sister during dinner).

The menu is very varied with American, Mexican, Italian, and of course San Salvadorean and Puerto Rican food. Karina gave us some advice on what to order as there were so many great sounding selections when we asked her. The food took a LONG time to arrive, but once it did, everyone loved their meal! I had the spicy camarones, which is great if you like spicy food. Other entree we ordered included another shrimp dish, the mixed grill, and Mofongo. Everything was great. I think the prices are VERY reasonable too. We split an order of churros for dessert which was also really good.

Be sure to ask Karina to make you her "liquid dessert" shot at the end of the meal - it was a perfect ending to a great meal.

We will be back!

Reviewed October 27, 2012

We went there for a late dinner Friday. The restaurant was very clean and we were greeted and seated right away. Menu had tons of options. I tried the Papagallo Berritini. It was great. The glass was rimmed with colored sugar and was delicious! (although, I suggested to rim the glass with candy pixie stick sugar for a tart taste to compensate for the sweet drink) Food was great! Nice sized portions. I tried the Salvadorian Enchilladas and my husband had the Fried Seafood Platter. I would have liked a little more heat to the enchilladas but I loved the dish as it was. Didn't have room for dessert, but maybe next time. The only issue with the ambiance was the dining room was really bright! I don't like to eat in the dark or anything like that but it seemed a bit like a cafeteria. Our waitress was very attentive and service was great! We will definitely be back. A gem in Attleboro!

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Since I live in Attleboro, I was thrilled to see a new restaurant open (especially one that isn't a pizza joint). Papagallo is nestled in a tiny plaza that isn't impressive at all. When you walk in, the restaurant is comfortable and clean, and really had a nice ambiance that would work for a casual date night or a night out with friends. The food menu is large and eclectic. I believe they call it multi-cultural. There are spanish, asian, italian, and french influences. All the food is fresh and made to order. I've been twice now, and all of the meals were wonderful. The most recent time was during Attleboro's Restaurant Week (yes! they started a restaurant week this year... it was great), and had the chipotle maple glazed salmon.... so yummy. They have a nice selection of wines, and my friend said the sangria was delicious. Both times I went, the server was friendly and attentive.

Do yourself a favor, and check this restaurant out. Don't be fooled by the exterior. Support the good local restaurants. You will be delighted with this one!

Reviewed July 14, 2012

Don't be fooled by the simple store front. Papagallo is an amazing restaurant. Excellent menu and very attentive service.

1  Thank Terrysmom
Reviewed July 14, 2012

we went there sat night and was very surprised with great food and friendly staff. Not much to look at outside but neat and clean inside.Six differant meals,apps. and drinks no complaints.We will be back.