“Par Excellance for food and ambiance !” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Colonel Blackinton Inn

The Colonel Blackinton Inn
Ranked #1 of 91 Restaurants in Attleboro
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 203 North Main Street
Transit: Attleboro Train Station
Mass.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Par Excellance for food and ambiance !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

There is such a thing as "class," and that is all there is to it ! ... The Blackinton Inn has class !

• Visited June 2013

Attleboro
“A wonderful "special occassion" venue”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

A little pricey for the average consumer but worth the splurge for a special birthday, anniversary or other celebration. Excellent food and service. Looking forward to the next family endeavor coming soon to Attleboro!

• Visited November 2013
Attleboro, Massachusetts
“Great food, lovely atmosphere....will definitely come back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

This is a great location to share a lovely dinner with friends, family or a romantic dinner for two. The Inn is decorated beautifully for the holidays, and inside is very warm and inviting.

This was my first visit here and I was able to make a last minute reservation (that day).as it was a Monday at 7 pm for two. We had wanted to try it here for a while so i was delighted to get in.

When I made the reservation, i gave them my name and told the woman it was my birthday and i was looking forward to it. she said - oh- it's YOUR birthday? Not rude but surprised i was making my own reservation?

We got there and were seated promptly. The linens were lovely, the holiday decorations were everywhere. Very nice. The server was professional and my water glass was never empty for long. A touch I truly appreciate. They bought us fresh bread, butter, dipping oil and a small bowl of olives,

The menu was varied and I ordered the clam chowder, salad, baked seafood newburg with lobster, shrimp, scallops and swordfish. My BF had the french onion soup, salad, and fra diavlo with lobster.

The clam chowder was too much like a bisque for me, but my BF enjoyed the french onion soup. Lots of onions, bread and cheese in a nice beef broth. Our salad were fresh and crunchy with the house dressing. Really nice. My seafood newburg was excellent., with enough sauce to keep the seafood moist with a wonderful sherry newburg flavor. So many times baked seafood is overcooked in restaurants because there isn't enough sauce and it dries out while baking. My BF's fra diavlo was over huge rotini- unusual, but it kept the sauce on the pasta and was a great choice.

I loved that the server used a bread scraper for the crumbs- another lost art except at very elegant places.

Overall, very happy. I will say I was disappointed that they never recognized my birthday. There was another table in the room where they came out with a dessert for her birthday and it was special. Even a Happy Birthday from the server would have been nice. I do think that at a place like this the server , after introducing themselves, should ask if this is a special occasion or just a nice night out. it would step up the service that extra notch.

I would definitely go back , but maybe not for a birthday or anniversary unless i knew it would be recognized by the server/restaurant. Unless someone else but the birthday person needs to make the reservation?

• Visited December 2013
North Attleboro, Massachusetts
“Family Birthday Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Came here with my family to treat our mom to a nice dinner. We enjoyed the main dishes very much. The chef also can accommodate for special dietary needs and modified the recipe accordingly. The waiter was very pleasant with a great sense oh humor. It really lent to our festive occasion. The wine list was adequate and we chose a good Pinot Grigio. Overall it was a very good evening.

massachusetts
“Fantastic dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

Have visited many times, always on top of their game. Food is excellant, staff makes sure you are well taken care of. Atmosphere is awesome! Nice place to relax at bar have an app., a glass of wine and just unwind. I recommend a visit , you'll definately want to come back.
Enjoy!