“my favorite pub”

The Blind Pig
Ranked #2 of 31 Restaurants in Athol
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This place, while I will say is not for everyone, is my favorite pub. The staff is awesome. They do most of their business at the bar, so sometimes you have to grab someone's attention and let them know you want to eat at a table, but they're very polite and knowledgeable and will gladly serve you wherever you sit. They have the best beer list in the area and at good prices too. They have tons of events and outings, so find them on Facebook or ask the staff what's coming up because every event they do is great.

The food is great. Some of the best pub food you can find, and definitely better than anything else in Athol or Orange. I love The Bart. I order mine a little different, but they're always happy to please. I noticed one of the other reviewers was not happy with the speed of service. I know I don't go there if I'm in a hurry. I go there to have fun, meet new people, have outstanding beer and food, and usually end up chit chatting with one of the owners or regulars. They're very welcoming and seem to remember every face that walks in the door.

If I'm in Athol, or Central/West Massachusetts for that matter, I will try my hardest to make my way to the Pig. I moved out of Athol last year (not from there originally either), and while I don't miss Athol, I do miss the Blind Pig and it's staff. I've had some great times there and can't seem to find a menu, beer list, or conversation anywhere else that comes close to those you'll find in this little New England pub. I wish I could steal Sue and Dave and make them open another one wherever I live for the rest of my life.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

I recently stopped in to have lunch at The Blind Pig. I was actually pretty pleased with the place.

Had the Cheese Quesadilla with grilled veggies. It was gigantic and cooked perfectly. They had a good selection of hot sauces to try as well.

My server was super pleasant and we talked quite a bit about the area and the restaurant. They seem to have quite a few theme nights such as a Tequila tasting night which happened while I was in town, a Whiskey tasting night and other events.

I can safely say I have never seen a deer and bear wall mounts get decorated in Mardi Gras garb but I thought it was a nice touch.

Will certainly make this my go to lunch spot when I am in Athol.

2  Thank Kgosselin
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We started a chilly fall afternoon with a strong hunger and a yearning to try something new, so the blind pig was the place we chose.
The first thing I noticed was the entire restaurant was incredibly cold, in fact it was probably warmer outside. Our waitress took a leisurely pace to say the least...I would understand if it was busy but we were one out of three tables. So to the meal...we waited 50 minutes for three sandwiches, my pita bread was stale and the sandwich quickly lost it heat due to the cold restaurant. Needless to say I will not be returning.

3  Thank Gypsytraveler224

Been to The Blind Pig? Share your experiences!