“Good Restaurant/Slow Service”
Review of Tavern On Central

Tavern On Central
Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in Ashburnham
Reviewed June 12, 2018

The food is pretty good. Great onion strings, burgers are good. Drinks a bit pricey for a pub. We have tried three times at dinner and lunch and even when the restaurant isn't busy the service is very slow. This past time we waited over 45 minutes for our lunch and when we got the food my husbands order wasn't at all what he ordered. He then had to wait another 15 minutes.

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank whitaker1956

Reviewed February 3, 2018

Tavern on Central is located in a small town and has a small town feel. The place could be noise at times but that does not take away from the great food.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed January 29, 2018

My wife and I stayed at the Maguire House B&B (which was amazing) and they directed us to the Tavern on Central, an excellent choice. We had the shrimp and avocado tower for a starter and shared the fish tacos... two great choices. Hopefully we’ll get to return to New England to the quintessential B&B and another great meal at the tavern!

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed January 3, 2018

We live in town and go here a couple times a month and love it. The wait staff are all friendly and very good. The just put out a new menu which is wonderful. The teriyaki steal tips are my favorite! So delicious! It can be noisy in there but the people and the atmosphere make up for it. It's a fun place to meet friends and have lunch or dinner or just get a couple of drinks. They have fabulous holiday specialty drinks like the Sea salt caramel martini! Yum!

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed November 16, 2017

Visited for the first time recently - will hopefully return.
The restaurant and parking is right on Rt 101. If coming from Rt 12, you turn down Rt 101 West the parking lot is the first lot on the left.
The restaurant has a few booths, they are not traditional booth style, rather half circle style and also table/chair seating.
One of our party members is a large guy and the booth seating was a bit small for him - it was a tight squeeze.
We visited for a very late lunch, the lunch portions were a great deal, still very large portions.
The nachos as our starter were excellent.
I had the fish and chips but would not recommend. I inquired if the fish was beer battered the waitress said it was indeed a beer batter. I was disappointed when it arrived as it was not a beer batter style I was expecting - I enjoy traditional English style beer battered fish and chips this was not that.
Subbed the fries for the onion strings - which were excellent and plentiful.
Other party member food thoughts:
Blackened chicken tacos - good minus the chipotle sauce
Salmon and Risotto - good
Overall a very good experience.

Date of visit: November 2017

Been to Tavern On Central? Share your experiences!